N'Kata

The curious case of Boba Fett

6 minutes ago, JasonCole said:

I'm simply illustrating that for anyone other than Phantoms and Defenders, Juke is a pretty sub-par upgrade, and that's why I think the pricing is fine on it.

It's OK also on Laetin Ashera ;)

Juke + Ion Cannon is nasty combo. 

3 minutes ago, Oldpara said:

I use L3-37 ship, so 0-0-0 crew jumps in (I find Perceptive Copilot little bit to pricey). 

Fair.

I think L3 crew is pretty important in a Torps meta, though.  No room for ORP in the Escape Craft?

2 minutes ago, SOTL said:

Fair.

I think L3 crew is pretty important in a Torps meta, though.  No room for ORP in the Escape Craft?

I might think of it. Actually there's room for changes. I was able to fit also Rigged Cargo, and Proton bombs and Fenn with Outmanevuer and small bid, so... 

On 10/12/2018 at 9:48 AM, Gilarius said:

No, no, a thousand times no! I am finding it hard to articulate my incredulity that anyone would want evade to be as good as it was in 1st edition. This nerf is one of the key re-balancing actions to make 2nd ed work.

Or do you really want to go back to when 3-dice attacks were obsolete and useless? You needed at least 4 and preferably 5 red dice to be sure of hitting some ships and the power creep was horrible! (If you want to complain about being hit, complain about Fenn Rau and others still being able to get 5 dice attacks.)

Do you remember trying to scratch the ghost? Zero agility, yet could ignore a 3 dice attack? Or Fat Han? Or Soontir F Fel? Or trying to hit x7 Defenders with anything? Next you'll be wanting 1st ed Autothrusters back! 

Hyperbole? Ok, now the people (I dont know if you were amongst them - but there were a lot here) that said the Evade-Action was not nerfed (because you nearly NEVER got a perfect result anyway) say it was TOO powerful and WOULD be too powerful in the 2nd iteration of this game. And there are not many ships that could turtle up anyway (without coordinate). Kind of funny.

No, I dont want autothrusters back. They are not needed in this system. But the old evade I would gladly take back.

In 2nd Edition you usually have more guns on the table anyway. And every ship is more mobile. It is not that hard to catch Arcdodgers anymore. Back in the day they had the advantage of reposition with perfect knowledge while ships like the X-Wing or Khiraxz could do not a single reposition. That age is gone. When you have them in arc you usually deal damage. The old evade would make the action at least worth thinking about.

11 hours ago, beardxofxdeath said:

Hyperbole? Ok, now the people (I dont know if you were amongst them - but there were a lot here) that said the Evade-Action was not nerfed (because you nearly NEVER got a perfect result anyway) say it was TOO powerful and WOULD be too powerful in the 2nd iteration of this game. And there are not many ships that could turtle up anyway (without coordinate). Kind of funny.

No, I dont want autothrusters back. They are not needed in this system. But the old evade I would gladly take back.

In 2nd Edition you usually have more guns on the table anyway. And every ship is more mobile. It is not that hard to catch Arcdodgers anymore. Back in the day they had the advantage of reposition with perfect knowledge while ships like the X-Wing or Khiraxz could do not a single reposition. That age is gone. When you have them in arc you usually deal damage. The old evade would make the action at least worth thinking about.

As you can probably tell, I fundamentally disagree with you with regards to your conclusion. I do agree that it is easier to catch arc-dodgers now with 'normal' ships; and it is also easier to push damage through - but that is due to two main things: lower defenses in general; and less effective damage mitigation. In parallel, attacks have also been made weaker: it is harder to get re-rolls AND Focus tokens at the same time. Not impossible, but it's less easy.

So, if you get shot at, you take damage. I like that. 3 hits is generally sufficient to damage a ship, whereas in 1st ed, you needed 4 or 5. 2 hits only have a small chance of hurting 3 agility ships, but should strip a token.