gdotbat

Need suggestions for online RPG group forum...app...thing

So now that Google+ is being shut down, I am tasked with finding an alternative space for my RPG group for our online discussions and scheduling.

We don't play exclusively online, but we post scheduling, discussions, post documents, characters and sometimes have RP based posts. Google+ was perfect for this, and Facebook groups were awful (not going back there).  I am looking at Slack right now but I am not sure its going to work.

So I am looking for some recommendations. I don't necessarily need specifically a Social Media app, but I need something that is web based and can be used from mobile devices as well, so most likely will need an Android/Ios app available. I know there are RPG specific services but I don't know if these are specifically for online playing only, or will fit our specific needs. I am willing to look at a pay for service if its not too pricey and meets our needs.

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

There was a similar thread a few days ago 

Personally i have never tried online gaming had the same group for 20 year we meet every week. But personally i think discord would work without to much hassle and then explore from there. 

34 minutes ago, Archellus said:

There was a similar thread a few days ago 

Personally i have never tried online gaming had the same group for 20 year we meet every week. But personally i think discord would work without to much hassle and then explore from there. 

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I am not looking for an app for actual online playing, but rather a place to meet, discuss, post, organize and schedule.

38 minutes ago, Archellus said:

Are sorry did not see what you meant :) Still discord could be used like you wanted. Or use maybe https://www.obsidianportal.com/ ive used that alot in other games both pathfinder and star wars. 

YES! That's it! I thought there was something like Obsidian that Id looked at before, just couldn't remember. Thanks!