Jarval

First Order conversion kit article

Hopefully the Upsilon has a complete **** dial or it’s going to have stupid levels of firepower out it’s foreward arc. If not from go we are 1 cannon away from disaster. Adding attack dice generically is never a good idea, we saw this in 1.0. So it needs to handle terribly to offset the offense. Costing a lot will help too but there needs to be a sharp down side for the number of reds it can throw at once.

Edited by LordFajubi

6 minutes ago, Marinealver said:

It is only 1 unless you put him on Kylo. I actually like it because it does take power away from Int 6 Arc Dodgers which >> Int 5 in more ways. If you take perfect information from Int 6 and give it to Int 5 or 4 then it will work. I guess since Kylo is Int 5 this is very much needed since 1stOrder does not have any 6s yet.

Omega Leader (under the name Midnight) is i6. With Kylo gettin knocked down, I suspect an SF Pilot will also be shown to be i6 as well (whether Quickdraw or someone new).

2 minutes ago, SabineKey said:

Omega Leader (under the name Midnight) is i6. With Kylo gettin knocked down, I suspect an SF Pilot will also be shown to be i6 as well (whether Quickdraw or someone new).

That's odd, 8 are 6s and 9s are 5s? Well we all know that 1.0 names and abilities don't have to match their 2.0 counterparts (i.e. Wampa).

1 minute ago, Marinealver said:

That's odd, 8 are 6s and 9s are 5s? Well we all know that 1.0 names and abilities don't have to match their 2.0 counterparts (i.e. Wampa).

Based on ability and subtitle, it’s the same FO pilot. 

I bet it has more to do with the Silencer chassis. It keeps something potentially very slippery with great green dice and hit points from being in the elite initiative range. So the shifted the i6 to a good pilot on a more manageable chassis.

6 minutes ago, LordFajubi said:

Hopefully the Upsilon has a complete **** dial or it’s going to have stupid levels of firepower out it’s foreward arc. If not from go we are 1 cannon away from disaster. Adding attack dice generically is never a good idea, we saw this in 1.0. So it needs to handle terribly to offset the offense. Costing a lot will help too but there needs to be a sharp down side for the number of reds it can throw at once.

As has been noted, the Upsilon dial is almost surely in the spread, and it's still utter garbage.  Same as 1e, and you can't even equip an Engine Upgrade to gain a boost.

Unless there is a massive price decrease in the Upsilon, I'd guess it's DOA, just like in 1e.

//

I am not that about Kylo Ren's ISYTDS.  Pilot crits are weak now.  Stunned Pilot only triggers from Obstacles now, not ships.  It's still unrepairable, but it never triggers with decent play.  Wounded Pilot turns your actions half-red, with a 50% chance of a stress.  OK, kind of frustrating, but it can also be repaired, or you can just take blue moves and clear the stress.  New Blinded Pilot doesn't really matter.  You can still attack, but you can't modify your dice except with the Force (Season 3-4 Kanan Jarrus! Blinded Pilot!).  A few ships which stack tonnes of dice mods might be hurt by it (Boba Fett attacking at Range 1 with Han Gunner), but it can also be fixed.  Panicked Pilot is the only one which seems at all scary.  Double-stress isn't fun, but it's not like getting reduced to pilot skill 0.

2 hours ago, Npmartian said:

Upsilons look scary... Kept the 4 die primary and more dice for cannons? They're gonna be pretty expensive before you add crew.

And that disappoints me as it seems you either have an Upsilon + 2 budget aces, Upsilon + super ace, or Upsilon and 4 FO ties...once again. If the dial is the same and is still forward arc only, both of which true, then you get only a few powerful shots a game. That is nice, but 3 dice for a discount would be more flexible, and to be honest, more powerful listwise. Is this support or attack? FFG still doesn't know. Hey, at least the crew is awesome this time.

38 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

As has been noted, the Upsilon dial is almost surely in the spread, and it's still utter garbage.  Same as 1e, and you can't even equip an Engine Upgrade to gain a boost.

Unless there is a massive price decrease in the Upsilon, I'd guess it's DOA, just like in 1e.

//

I am not that about Kylo Ren's ISYTDS.  Pilot crits are weak now.  Stunned Pilot only triggers from Obstacles now, not ships.  It's still unrepairable, but it never triggers with decent play.  Wounded Pilot turns your actions half-red, with a 50% chance of a stress.  OK, kind of frustrating, but it can also be repaired, or you can just take blue moves and clear the stress.  New Blinded Pilot doesn't really matter.  You can still attack, but you can't modify your dice except with the Force (Season 3-4 Kanan Jarrus! Blinded Pilot!).  A few ships which stack tonnes of dice mods might be hurt by it (Boba Fett attacking at Range 1 with Han Gunner), but it can also be fixed.  Panicked Pilot is the only one which seems at all scary.  Double-stress isn't fun, but it's not like getting reduced to pilot skill 0.

The new Blinded Pilot does have the bonus of requiring an action to fix, so it can stick around for multiple turns. Even if they take an action to fix it, that's one round where they haven't spent their action on offensive dice mods.

It has no effect on Juke, though. That seems like an oversight.

53 minutes ago, Marinealver said:

It's the same in Scum. Talonbane Cobra got demoted to a IN5, while Guri went from PS5 in 1.0 to IN5 in 2.0.

2.0 is a new beast. You must unlearn what you have learned.

45 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

I'm sorry if I miss it but, do we already know the text of the Condition, or are we assuming it is the same as 1.0? 

If it is the same, I agree with you, that condition will be useless...

12 minutes ago, PhantomFO said:

It's the same in Scum. Talonbane Cobra got demoted to a IN5, while Guri went from PS5 in 1.0 to IN5 in 2.0.

2.0 is a new beast. You must unlearn what you have learned.

She finally downloaded and installed all her update files all there is to it.

As for Talonbane, wasn't that a title so high skill Talonbane just got killed and someone else stepped up to take on the role. Might be misremembering that. 

7 minutes ago, Volkren said:

I'm sorry if I miss it but, do we already know the text of the Condition, or are we assuming it is the same as 1.0? 

It is most likely the same as it was, lots of later 1.0 stuff seems to being kept the same. Though they could always change it.

11 minutes ago, Animewarsdude said:

As for Talonbane, wasn't that a title so high skill Talonbane just got killed and someone else stepped up to take on the role. Might be misremembering that. 

He was the first real boss for neutral allegiance pilots in the SWG mmo's Jump to Lightspeed expansion...

After getting the first kits completely spoiled, these articles just feel like they aren't giving us enough info. there are ships in both kits that we've heard almost nothing about, at least not in one of these articles. It's a minor complaint in the long run, but I would really appreciate a full spoiler, like we got for the first three conversion kits.

13 minutes ago, Volkren said:

I'm presuming it'll be close enough to the same as 1e.

20 minutes ago, PhantomFO said:

The new Blinded Pilot does have the bonus of requiring an action to fix, so it can stick around for multiple turns. Even if they take an action to fix it, that's one round where they haven't spent their action on offensive dice mods.

It has no effect on Juke, though. That seems like an oversight.

Thing is, though, it's an action for an action.  Kylo spent an action and a force charge to assign the condition.  Poe (or whoever) spent an action to fix it.  There's a balance there.  Actions on different ships aren't equal, that's why Jam works, but it doesn't seem too punishing.  A Jam has a shorter range, but it also always works.  Kylo (probably) has to get a crit through, and the timing of that might be awkward.

Plus Blinded Pilot can also be kind-of ignored.  Planning on pulling a K-turn?  Just do it, since you wouldn't get offensive dice mods anyhow.  A TIE Defender often loves to use their focus on their green dice, and they've also got that sweet new Boost.  Since dice mods are more rare, most ships give them up taking reposition actions anyhow.  And Blinded has no effect on them.  Boba Fett gets punished HARD by Blinded Pilot.  Thane can't spend his red dice.  But someone like Wedge?  Soontir Fel?  Eh, not a major problem if they choose to play around it.

There are clearly folks Blinded will mess up, though.  Captain Jonus loses his sweet double mods with his Barrage Rockets.

But there's also the bigger context.  Kylo-crew almost surely only goes on one ship which can barely move, doesn't have a turret like the old Decimator, and the list can't have 1e Palp to make crits out of nothing.  He's also going to cost at least 12 points (so far, no force user costs less).  Granted, Kylo is a lot better when he's not sticking his crits out there to justify his price, but in general, Kylo crew isn't scary to me.

18 minutes ago, Animewarsdude said:

She finally downloaded and installed all her update files all there is to it.

It is most likely the same as it was, lots of later 1.0 stuff seems to being kept the same. Though they could always change it.

Talonbane was the first 9 as Scum really needed a 9 to keep up with the Pilot Skill wars that was the meta at wave 7. Thing is putting a 9 on a Jack GP ship did little to no good as Wedge was also 9 but he saw little to no play. When they put 9 on a proper Interceptor (because the scyk was no interceptor with no green hard turns) then Scum caught up to the original 2 which put it ahead of the original 2 thanks to power creep. Dengar should have been an 8 but it was 9 because Scum was hurting so bad in the meta (Bro Bots was getting solved to the point they can never get past RAC Whisper).

29 minutes ago, Bucknife said:

FO interceptor will hopefully be arriving soon, too.

Interested in how FO meta shakes out with Kylo Silencer and such in the mix. 

We do know that you can squeeze at least 3 silencers with some upgrades in a list, as the conversion kit supports that many. However, with autothrusters, shields, tech, possibly system again, it seems like it will be typically kitted out pricey, like Guri. Add Kylo's 2 force into the mix, and it seems that it can get very expensive.

I assume that the FO interceptor would be more of a budget ship that rewards good flying like the striker. And unlike the Empire's Interceptor, it will probably get an I5.

21 minutes ago, player3010587 said:

We do know that you can squeeze at least 3 silencers with some upgrades in a list, as the conversion kit supports that many. However, with autothrusters, shields, tech, possibly system again, it seems like it will be typically kitted out pricey, like Guri. Add Kylo's 2 force into the mix, and it seems that it can get very expensive.

I assume that the FO interceptor would be more of a budget ship that rewards good flying like the striker. And unlike the Empire's Interceptor, it will probably get an I5.

Is the F/O Interceptor the ship that the Red pilot was flying in Resistance? Do we have any word on it's inclusion in X-Wing, or just a guess based on the fact that it's a new ship and thus really freaking likely to be in the game?

11 minutes ago, Effenhoog said:

have we had any sightings of Comm Relay in 2.0?

We've seen that Advanced Optics have the old "Weapons Guidance" effect, so perhaps "Comm Relay" is just going to be "Sensor Cluster."  Spend a focus to convert a blank to evade.

4 hours ago, GuacCousteau said:

I'm pretty triggered by Phasma getting Mara Jade's ability. 

I know it wasn't a particularly good ability, but I don't like the idea of Phasma replacing Mara in any context. 

Qi’ra replaces Mara in my headcanon.

(Solo spoilers to follow)

She goes to Maul. Gets force training. Maul sends her to assassinate Palp, as one last ditch attempt to regain his place and because he senses Qi’ra has the ambition to overthrow him. She fails but Palp sparks her and brainwashes her. Using Qi’ra he destabilises the Syndicate which sends Maul fleeing to Malachor. Qi’ra remains a Hand of the Emporer within the Syndicate.

All of the above could fit within the canon of the films so far and work with the Maul reveal in Solo and his eventual return in Rebels. It’s possible to continue the story so that Qi’ra actually is Mara and is sent after Luke who saves her from the brainwashing. They fall in love but Qi’ra is afraid of the idea of training Jedi and so leaves Luke - possibly during early pregnancy which could be Rey  because everyone wanted Rey to be Luke’s kid.

But while I would totally watch the Qi’ra Maul films I don’t really care about the story after that because it gets silly and too connected.

The point is that Qi’ra’s story really felt like the early origin of a possible Mara-esque storyline.

Regardless I really think the Mara Jade ability is just as worthless in 2.0 as it was in 1.0.

Edited by DodgingArcs

Wow, Stridan Hux is going to be really nice..

To those commenting on how expensive the Batwing is potentially going to be, remember that the SF is now considerably cheaper (Davy has said this multiple times) with its title being an optional gunner now. You may have more options for decent wingmates along side the Upsilon with those. 

Also who needs to move the Batwing (with that crumby dial) when Stridan's behind the wheel? 

Edited by BVRCH