Jarval

First Order conversion kit article

4 minutes ago, Npmartian said:

Snoke and Kylo on an Upsilon with Blackout? That's potent arc-dodging, but it's probably really expensive.

That would be what...using the cheapest Upsilon pilot from 1.0 I think 60 points base for the ship then assuming that Kylo and Snoke are the same prices as Vader and Palpatine then that is an additional 27 point and then Midnight doubling 1.0 points is 42 points so a total of 129. That of course provided they don't change the cost of stuff too much. 

6 minutes ago, SabineKey said:

That would require the ups to get a third crew slot from 1.0 to 2.0, what with Snoke being a double crew.

"On his own, Snoke can only flip a single dial, but if he’s joined by his apprentice Kylo Ren,  his ship will have an additional charge to spend, giving you foresight into the movements of two enemy ships."

Edited by Npmartian

6 minutes ago, Npmartian said:

"On his own, Snoke can only flip a single dial, but if he’s joined by his apprentice Kylo Ren,  his ship will have an additional charge to spend, giving you foresight into the movements of two enemy ships."

Ah, I missed that on first go through. Very interesting.

I'm pretty triggered by Phasma getting Mara Jade's ability. 

I know it wasn't a particularly good ability, but I don't like the idea of Phasma replacing Mara in any context. 

Stridan and Hux looks kinda fun, and I like that Jojen Reed got a crew card despite being on screen for all of 4 seconds. I wasn't expecting Linked Battery to come back as an Upsilon ship ability, of all things, but it's had a decent buff. Might make Ion an actual viable option on them. Such a shame the B-Wing couldn't have been given the same or a similar ability. Upsilon's going to be too expensive as well. A 4 dice primary ship that's also trying to be a crew focused support ship just doesn't sound like it'll work to me. 

Same boat as the Resistance article, really. The focus on crew and large ships with no real pilot or a upgrade reveals is a bit disappointing. I still want to know if Quickdraw's back, and what the /fo pilots other than OL/Midnight are looking like. 

Edited by GuacCousteau

15 minutes ago, GuacCousteau said:

I'm pretty triggered by Phasma getting Mara Jade's ability. 

I know it wasn't a particularly good ability, but I don't like the idea of Phasma replacing Mara in any context. 

Stridan and Hux looks kinda fun, and I like that Jojen Reed got a crew card despite being on screen for all of 4 seconds. I wasn't expecting Linked Battery to come back as an Upsilon ship ability, of all things, but it's had a decent buff. Might make Ion an actual viable option on them. Such a shame the B-Wing couldn't have been given the same or a similar ability. Upsilon's going to be too expensive as well. A 4 dice primary ship that's also trying to be a crew focused support ship just doesn't sound like it'll work to me. 

Same boat as the Resistance article, really. The focus on crew and large ships with no real pilot or a upgrade reveals is a bit disappointing. I still want to know if Quickdraw's back, and what the /fo pilots other than OL/Midnight are looking like. 

The bright side is that if Mara Jade is brought back into the game (which I very much hope), she’s getting a new ability.

Just now, SabineKey said:

The bright side is that if Mara Jade is brought back into the game (which I very much hope), she’s getting a new ability.

Highly unlikely, unless Disney fits her into an anthology movie.

Overall, I’m pretty happy even though we don’t have a lot of choices for crew ships in the FO. That can only improve though I suppose.

Snoke is interesting as an answer to those factions with more/better I6 pilots. I could see using him to better plan Kylo’s actions since he won’t otherwise have that perfect knowledge.

Can't say I like Linked Battery. It already has a 4-dice primary and you still have to pay for a cannon...

I suspect Phasma will be 5 (2E) points. With PtL gone, every single ship won't be stressing itself every single round, though there are linked actions on a lot of ships now, but Mara always felt slightly sub-par at 3 (1E) points.

Well, the Upsilon is quite interesting. Though, with the current cannons, I am not that worried about its ability, which is kind of cool. I think it is fine that it keeps the 4 ATK, as it doesn't gain the rear arc of the Lambda. I do wonder if there are any changes to the dial...

24 minutes ago, Sithborg said:

Well, the Upsilon is quite interesting. Though, with the current cannons, I am not that worried about its ability, which is kind of cool. I think it is fine that it keeps the 4 ATK, as it doesn't gain the rear arc of the Lambda. I do wonder if there are any changes to the dial...

You can see the dial in the spread. (unless one of the small ships got a full stop) Looks pretty much the same. 

Edited by kogtim

16 minutes ago, Sithborg said:

Pretty sure the dial is in the preview picture. Silencer on the left, Ups on the right.

None of their other ships probably have a 0-stop, right?

Edited by SpiderMana
Ninja’d

13 minutes ago, Sithborg said:

5 dice HLC (even bullseye limited) or 4 dice Ion Cannon, Tractor Beam or Jamming Beam (5 at range 1) are all something to really avoid.

Has there been any word about Kylo as a pilot on the shuttle? They showed 2 named pilots so I'd assume that's it, but it would be nice to get the 2 force tokens from his pilot card to activate Snoke's ability and still have another crew slot (potentially).

26 minutes ago, ObiWonka said:

Can't say I like Linked Battery. It already has a 4-dice primary and you still have to pay for a cannon...

I honestly don’t think they’ll end up paying too much for the ability. It’s there to make taking a cannon worthwhile given the 4 dice primary, not to force you to take one. 

And four-die ion cannons will be one way to help keep the upsilon in the fight longer. 

2 hours ago, SabineKey said:

Dang, Snoke’s pretty scary.

It is only 1 unless you put him on Kylo. I actually like it because it does take power away from Int 6 Arc Dodgers which >> Int 5 in more ways. If you take perfect information from Int 6 and give it to Int 5 or 4 then it will work. I guess since Kylo is Int 5 this is very much needed since 1stOrder does not have any 6s does not have any Arc Dodgers at Int 6 yet.

Edited by Marinealver