dadocollin

Alphabet Squadron (new SW novel)

14 minutes ago, evanger said:

Should be "Aurebesh" Squadron

It really shouldn't. The fighters are not named after an aurebesh character they look like. (hint, they don't look like any)

Lets not go back down this rabbit hole though. We've spent too many pages already on that.

Edit: Oh dang it... I'm on another page. Get ready guys, it's going to start snowballing again...

Edited by LagJanson

On 10/10/2018 at 9:43 PM, Wraithdt said:

Regardless, I’m still gonna read this book. Sounds like it could be exciting.

Speaking of which what are people’s opinions about Twilight Company? I’ve only read Freed’s adaptation of Rogue One which I thought was decent.

Twilight Company was pretty good. It's not my favorite but it's a decent military sci-fi novel set in the Star Wars universe. I can't say anything essential happens but it's a fun read. It will certainly get one in the mood to play SW: Legion. 

The squadron in the book isn't a squadron purposely formed by the New Republic. It is made up of the survivors of 5 other squadrons that were hunted down and destroyed by the imperial squadron that act as the villains of the novel. And according to reports this novel acts as the beginning of a larger, branching story line. I'm not sure what "branching" means in this context. I'd guess the squadron splits up again after the events of the novel and we'll be seeing these pilots in other novels/comics/ect. 

On 10/11/2018 at 5:43 PM, Wraithdt said:

Speaking of which what are people’s opinions about Twilight Company? I’ve only read Freed’s adaptation of Rogue One which I thought was decent.

It was quite readable. Decent but not fantastic.  I mean, it's the book of a video game of the movie, so that's not a great starting point for anything! :)

It was very much a war story about soldiers dragging themselves through the mud, and as such it didn't have quite the Star Wars feel (although I watched Solo since I read it, and that had some similar scenes).

It does have some Sullustan setting, which was enjoyable to read about.

Compared with Rogue One novel, I'd say slightly better. But maybe that's just because it's a new story.

Alphabet is sortve a generic term though.

Aurabesh is an alphabet.

I think it’s a fantastic title.

I’d just rather them not open the can of worms that comes with having to explain B, U, A, X, and Y Wings despite those letters not existing on screen.

Unless of course they can explain it in a cool way.

Edited by Forresto

Bring Back Rogue Squadron! BRING BACK ROGUE SQUADRON! BRING BACK ROGUE SQUADRON! BRING BACK ROGUE SQUADRON! BRING BACK ROGUE SQUADRON!

BRING BACK ROGUE SQUADRON! BRING BACK ROGUE SQUADRON!

BRING BACK ROGUE SQUADRON!

5 hours ago, Forgottenlore said:

Don’t mince words zeoinx, tell us what you really think. 

I've done this before, but the admins seem to consider my passion "not welcoming to the community"

In related topics, has anyone noticed how Disney seems to want to remove all trace of "Rebel Alliance being themed around "Red" for some reason and is painting everything they use Blue, or anything BUT red.

Edited by Zeoinx