Sign in to follow this  
bsmith23

Kessel Run time!

Our group has decided it's time to make the Kessel run. They want to free slaves and get as much "stuff"as possible.  I want to make it as non solo as possible, so any suggestions?  Also, I thought I saw some hard rules for the run somewhere. 

Shall we stat the space octopus (apparently a summa-verminoth?) or just make it an environmental hazard? One eye on the thing is at least a Sil 2.  Despair on a piloting check causes a critical roll? HP, Armor equivalent to larger Star Destroyers? Melee attacks, with tractor quality?

On 10/9/2018 at 9:12 AM, bsmith23 said:

Shall we stat the space octopus (apparently a summa-verminoth?) or just make it an environmental hazard? One eye on the thing is at least a Sil 2.  Despair on a piloting check causes a critical roll? HP, Armor equivalent to larger Star Destroyers? Melee attacks, with tractor quality?

Picking back up on this, I found this on the interwebz... (copied from my Facebook post from earlier.)

I found d6 stats. How would they translate to you?
Size Capital
Dex 3D
Perception 1D
Strength 5D

Tentacles STR+2D
Electric discharge 4D ion
Move 5

So, in Sun of Fortune, I did a modular encounter in the back for the Corellian Shuffle, which sort of outlines ONE way of handling smuggling runs like that. Other products might have a different approach or a better one (maybe in Fly Casual?) But that should give you a few places to look for inspiration.