Jump to content
Stormbourne

corrupted saber staff

Recommended Posts

with the saberstaff rules being double cost cause it needs two crystals to function would that mean that with a corrupted crystal i would add 2DS to all force rolls?

Edited by Stormbourne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stormbourne said:

with the saberstaff rules being double cost cause it needs two crystals to function would that mean that with a corrupted crystal i would add 2DS to all force rolls?

Nope.  It's only the costs of the kyber crystal and modifications that are doubled, not the game effects.

So with a corrupted crystal, you'd only get one free dark side Force point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CaptainRaspberry said:

No, because the double cost is the only mechanical difference. Otherwise, as the book states, the rules for attaching a kyber crystal are identical to other lightsabers. (For example, you don't double the damage rating, either.)

well the double damage potential comes from linked, but just wondering.

how bout dual sabers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Richardbuxton said:

Yes, you would get 2DS from that, but hitting with 2 sabers is 1 Difficulty more than hitting with a linked weapon so you will probably end up spending the extra DS just counteracting the results of that extra Difficulty 

That's why you only carry the second saber for the DSP. If you want, build it into a guard shoto hilt for some defense and deflection. When attacking, you just use the other saber (just like you don't have to use a shield as a second weapon when attacking) or even a double saber since those are one-handed weapons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, HappyDaze said:

That's why you only carry the second saber for the DSP. If you want, build it into a guard shoto hilt for some defense and deflection. When attacking, you just use the other saber (just like you don't have to use a shield as a second weapon when attacking) or even a double saber since those are one-handed weapons.

Pretty sure double-bladed lightsabers are two handed...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, StriderZessei said:

Pretty sure double-bladed lightsabers are two handed...

The write-up in the core book don't specify either way, but it's worth nothing that weapons which are two-handed (like the vibro-ax) do call them out as such.  My guess would be to allow for a Rebels-style Inquisitor, who used what was functionally a double-bladed lightsaber with a single hand.

The Endless Vigil construction rules do note that a double-bladed 'saber does require two hands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Donovan Morningfire said:

The Endless Vigil construction rules do note that a double-bladed 'saber does require two hands.

That's probably what I was thinking about. Don't have my books handy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, StriderZessei said:

Pretty sure double-bladed lightsabers are two handed...

In TCW series, both Savage and Krell are shown using double-bladed lightsabers in one hand (although they do keep another hand empty while doing it, two in the case of Krell and his two d-bls).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, HappyDaze said:

In TCW series, both Savage and Krell are shown using double-bladed lightsabers in one hand (although they do keep another hand empty while doing it, two in the case of Krell and his two d-bls).

Right, but I'm referring to RAW, not the shortcuts the animators took top save time and money ?

Edited by StriderZessei

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you value the DevQ&A (I think it's a mixed bag), then there's this:

Q : Double/Staff Sabers; can they be wielded in one-hand? Much of the fiction and media I've seen seems to indicate it (General Krell) and it does NOT say "Requires Two Hands" in the description.

 

Samuel Stewart: Yes, a double-bladed lightsaber can be wielded one-handed. You could potentially dual-wield them, but besides the significant costs involved, your GM is more than welcome to rule that trying to control four lightsaber blades with two hands is going to result on several Setback dice being added to all of your combat checks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the lightsaber template profile chart specifically lists which sabers require one or two hands to wield; saberstaves and pole sabers both require two hands. 

The crafting chart specifically states that the Two-Handed quality cannot be selected for sabers that require two hands. 

I was right for once! Woo! Go me! ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StriderZessei said:

So the lightsaber template profile chart specifically lists which sabers require one or two hands to wield; saberstaves and pole sabers both require two hands. 

The crafting chart specifically states that the Two-Handed quality cannot be selected for sabers that require two hands. 

I was right for once! Woo! Go me! ?

That's only for those weapons made with that crafting system. The one from the gear section is not restricted in such a manner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...