Pewpewpew BOOM

2.0 Firespray

I played Kath a bit when I started playing X-Wing, and I was really pleased to see the Firespray become a more viable ship in 2.0. The titles really change the character of the ship which adds a lot to the list building fun (for me at least).

I finally got in my first post-release game this week. I flew Marauder Boba, Palob, and Sunny vs. the new Leebo & Roark buddy hotness.  My opponent is a strong vet player and this was his first run with his list.  Double tap I7 on the YT-2400 is tough.  Perceptive copilot on both Palob and Boba allowed me to better weather all that fire. Eventally Palob dropped, then Roark, then I boxed Leebo in at the board edge and in two turns he was not able to pull of a manuever that would not at least get a corner off-board. 

The Firespray’s lack of linked actions is a big deal (and surprised me).  Han is the next best thing, so many folks now have the cards stappled.

I hear this is debated, but my interpretation of Han’s wording is that it trigggers just before his ship engages...which means the red Focus action would occur after both I7 incoming shots.

As such, I did not use Han once. PerCo made me not miss it so much.  The ship’s blue-poor dial also make stress a bit more of a thing. 

I am thinking that, in the end, Slave 1 may be a better pick for Boba vs. experienced players. That goes doubly so if one encounters lists with many ships. Boba wants to be in range 1; his ability makes it so he can boost into it with less risk.  Being an I5 knife-fighter, blocking is a real issue.  

I am interested to hear about your experiences with the Firespray. 

Linked action on Firespray would be broken beyond belief.  It's already the most token efficient platform in the game.  No need to make it worse.  If you want to see true abuse of Boba, run a coordinate shuttle with him.  Giving him a linked action via coordinate would take his already off the chart action efficiency and make it worse.

Both times I have come up against a firespray I have been utterly destroyed. Both lists were boba who just had a load of rerolls and free focuses, which I found very annoying as I couldn't do anything to stop it.

Just seemed way too powerful and if I got anywhere near hurting it, the ship would fly away FAST and boost too. All the while shooting me with firepower 3 from the rear (with reroll).  Too cheap, too powerful, too many upgrades, too much salt in my eyes.

I was flying Boba and Moralo, and while I love flying off the board for fun and profit, I tried out a Lando shuttle one game and haven't looked back. Boba now takes a red Reinforce, does a blue, takes an evade, then gets a calculate or stresses someone, then takes a red focus for 4 green tokens in one turn. Obviously not repeatable because of the Han stress, but it's pure gold for those critical turns.

Slave I is a lot better in your head than it is in practice. The problem is that a lot of the time the direction opposite the one you dialed in is blocked, especially since a fair number of Boba builds hug asteroids to use debris gambit (as it's much better in the endgame than a reinforce token). Even if you don't use Han Gunner much (But if you take something besides Perceptive Co-pilot like L3-37 or 0-0-0, you will), the re-roll out the back is just better than the gimmicky maneuver reversal.

I have to say, though, that in my opinion, Boba himself is at only a few points overcosted. The real issue is he also has access to three very undercosted upgrades, which adds up to a ship that's 15-20 points cheaper than it should.

Edited by Squark

Boba is still King of the Firesprays, but I'm trying to getting away from the Han/Perceptive combo. Pairing him with an IG is great, but besides that I'm not having much luck.

Scarlet Minions (Kath with any combination of four Z-95/Quadjumpers, the last version I used was Kath (Intimidation, 0-0-0, Dengar) with 3 Black Sun Soldiers + Unkar) is a really fun list to play, but I feel it lacks the consistency of other similar lists such as 4 TIE + Vader/Whisper.

Worst part is I'm struggling to make an Emon build/list I like/feel comfortable with. Sad times. 

Edited by Kharnete

I have been playing all my 2.0 games with Boba (+ 2 skull squad. Fangs). As you said I don't like Han gunner due to selfstressing with such an limited dial, otherwise is a good option for 4 points. Other time I dropped Dengar but only scored a hit on 5 times, but i think it's a good option for a 2 arc ship. About titles, only thing I can say is I feel "dirty" flying a Marauder Boba, so I took Slave-I a couple times but never changed a simple maneuver. Things I found worth it was proximity mines (cover your back after first fight) and 0-0-0/L3-37, let him cheaper as you can and reroll until death. Try to avoid bullseye upgrades such as crack shot, prockets, etc at least if you are as bad as am I. Now I'm looking forward to ilicits like stealth device, any thoughts?