SOTL

Blog - Junkyard Falcons 29/9/18

Im running same list but using Dengar w/ punishingone and r5p9 for some jouster value.

Is Han putting in enough damage in each game?

Nym is soooo good. Love locking in seismics around rocks.

2 hours ago, Blail Blerg said:

How many Bombs does Nym need? Just bomblet ok? Or really need seismic and protons? 

Seismic are huge area control, on top of using genius and slingshotting them toward asteroids and not hitting yourself. Seismics are a must for Nym in my opinion.

0csclGr.png?1

9 hours ago, Blail Blerg said:

How many Bombs does Nym need? Just bomblet ok? Or really need seismic and protons? 

Bomblet is nowhere near as good as the Proton/Seismic double bill.

@wurms I like Han and usually get at least his points value in a game, often a lot more.  Dengar is in another cost bracket I think.  I know some ppl don't like scum Han but I wonder if they're expecting the old Han experience despite only paying half the points?  He's the new Party Bus, really, and tbh I couldn't even get a good Slaver in for Han's cost.

I wonder whether some Kimogila instead of Han would be an idea? That would not only be arc locked but even bullseye based, of course, and much less reliable than Han's turret.

But Torani next to Palob or Dalan on his own seem to deal more unavoidable damage by another layer of area control on top of Nym's bomb. I guess I'm coming from a similar place like @wurms by doubting Han's worth.

Han's not let me down yet, and for his cost I think he definitely overdelivers.

The other piece of the puzzle that makes me dismiss a lot of other options is that Nym's bombs and area denial plays nicely into Han being a ship that's not getting muddled up in the same space because he's flanking around the outside of it all.  If I brought in, say a Slaver or a Kimo, or Talonbane, or a cheap Guri or something I'm probably not adding much in terms of damage output and I'm giving myself more ships heading into a bottleneck of those bombs.

Personally, I really like Han.  But that said, if you're on the fence about Han then the real lesson to take from this squad is that Nym is ******* bonkers, so if Han doesn't float your boat then he can go.

3 hours ago, Blail Blerg said:

Oh.  But how often do you get to do this?? 

Every game. That is my setup with nym. Set an asteroid just barely inside range 5 of your border, then just make a triangle range 1 apart. Go 1 forward with nym. Next round, trajectory a seismic. Entire center is shutoff.

Edited by wurms

I've only flown Scum Han once, and managed to get four four-to-five dice attacks against Boba in that game.  Han can really put the hurt out there.  I've also only flown Nym once, with Guri and...something else.  I found that Guri and Nym don't really play nicely together, not really.  I will have to try Han, as the Scum Falcon is sufficiently entertaining to fly.  Or at least is a lot more fun than a YV (even Moralo), or a JM5k, or a pair of Y-Wings.  Although I really suspect that Nym/Palob/Y-Wing all kitted with bombs might be the nastiest combo.  If slightly dull to fly.

It was in game 1 onFFGs stream from Coruscant, up against TIE Swarm.

I don't want to say the guy in the system open played badly, but... lets say it's not how I would have flown it.  Especially the bit about flying Han off the board.

I feel like the title "Lando's Millennium Falcon" title sort of buries the lead a  little bit.  Rolling an additional attack die seems more important that some of the shuttle business, even with adding two extra shields.

Your use of Nym is fantastic and I’ve done a full 180 on my view of him in 2.0. I tried your Nym build out with Boba and Lando escape craft and it worked wonders in all my games last night. Nym’s ability to control the board is extremely good and generally allowed Boba to flank at will. 

@SOTL Had a tourney to prepare for, and I dropped Dengar from my Nym,Palob list as his dial just hindered him too much. With little time to practice, I took your junkyard list since Ive been playing all three ships, just not together, but made a change. I dropped elusive from Palob and hull from Nym and swapped Greedo for HotshotGunner. You can 4Lom the focus so enemies cant spend it, and then HotshotGunner's wording says to "remove" after Modfiy Defense Step, not spend. So 4lom HSG combo works like a dream.

Holy crap is Han a badass with Hotshot. Think it may have just became my favorite ship.

Hotshot literally saved the squad at least 4-5 hull each game stripping focuses that would be damage, and contributed to the overall damage output of the list since aces like soontir cant hang onto focuses. Soontir's ability procs after Palobs, so Palob cant steal soontirs focus, but Han just hotshots him.

What sold me on Hotshot was my third match vs Fenn,Teroch, Kavil w/ proton torps (this player ended up winning the tourney). Game came down to full Han vs full Teroch and 2 hull Fenn with about 20 minutes left.

Han solo'd both Fangs.

Fenn boosted range 1 and focused. Han strips the focus. Fenn rolls 3 eyeballs,blank,hit. Fenn bails out to turn around. Teroch range 2 next round, gets Hotshotted rolls average. 4 hull saved in two turns. Next round Fenn is range 3 with a focus. he is stressed and I roll 1 crit 2 hits. I 4lom and he rolls 1 evade 2eyeballs,blank. Fenn dead from range 3. I spin around a rock and have open skies in front of me and teroch gets plinked to death. Han survives with 3 hull.

I need more practice with the list as I made some boneheaded mistakes in my first game versus 7 scum swarm (blocked my boost, so Han ate a ton of shots when he could dodged half teh list) and another match I was 1 hull short of getting half points on Dengar to win the game :( So those two losses kept me from advancing, but all games were definitely winnable.

Cool list, and I recommend trying Hotshot on Han.

7 hours ago, SOTL said:

Mmm, that's really interesting.  I think I could see myself cutting 4-LOM rather than the Elusive though, just as leaning on 4-LOM a lot is tricky with the Ion tokens.

Worth a try!

How about trying to squeeze in the ion dischargers on han? They’re 6p, but it could be really painful for the opponent

17 minutes ago, RoockieBoy said:

How about trying to squeeze in the ion dischargers on han? They’re 6p, but it could be really painful for the opponent

Nah, they're pretty janky and you rarely get that close.