Mr Tough Guy

The Mandalorian [Star Wars TV series]

4 minutes ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

While I do admit there are a number of dissimilarities between how Boba’s armour looked and this suit, I still think they are meant to be one and the same.

My tbeory is based not only on this image, but the Tatooine feel from the set, the pitch paragraph given by Favreau and the story interlude by Chuck Wendig all seem to be very similar to each other in scope and setting.   Yes, this could be a coincidence, but I don't think so.

Lucasfilm has tied things together before; battlefront 2 has story elements from the comic, the last Jedi (Luke’s compass) and Aftermath.   

I will concede two things that this may not be Boba’s armour, it is possible, hence not being 100% sure in my post earlier.  The armour may be transfered between owners, making an anthology series with the armour being passed to new owners.   

Edit: misread, jumped to conclusions 

Edited by nikk whyte

43 minutes ago, GuacCousteau said:

Boba does his job to his employer's satisfaction, and gets an extra profit on the side. That's good enough. 

It may demonstrate basic competence, but I still don't find that particularly impressive.  In Skyrim, I can satisfactorily complete a quest to deliver a note to someone across town.  That doesn't make me the greatest adventurer in Tamriel.

In the cartoon in the Holiday Special, Darth Vader calls Boba "the best bounty hunter in the galaxy."  Which just leaves me wondering just how horrible Dengar and Bossk must be, to fail to stumble over so low a bar.

Anyway, back on topic, hopefully this protagonist will accomplish something impressive at some point, and restore some dignity to the name "Mandalorian".

9 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

It may demonstrate basic competence

But I thought he was useless?

Which is it?

10 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

In the cartoon in the Holiday Special, Darth Vader calls Boba "the best bounty hunter in the galaxy."

If into the Holiday Special for compelling arguments you go, only pain will you find. 

Hm. I await more details. The picture released looks good. Armor that looks functional. Everything looks worn and tired. 

Which is great. Mandalorian armor usually looks bad to me. This is the first set that kind of looks, well, like it would actually stop a bullet.

2 minutes ago, GuacCousteau said:

But I thought he was useless?

Which is it?

Are you implying that competent people can't be useless?  I guess it really depends on the question, "useful for what?"  I'm willing to concede that Boba might do quite well as an office intern running non -hazardous errands.

3 minutes ago, GuacCousteau said:

If into the Holiday Special for compelling arguments you go, only pain will you find. 

I wasn't really going there for a compelling argument; that's just the only line I can remember offering praise to Boba Fett.

23 hours ago, Forgottenlore said:

I’m very much getting a spaghetti western/man with no name kind of vibe from that description. While I still think this obsession some fans have for a cool costume is ridiculous, I do think that going back to old westerns as inspiration would be a good choice for this. 

I think there's an amazing Magnificent 7 / 7 Samurai / 3 Amigos thing you could do in a Star Wars setting.  Mercenaries hired for a job that get pulled further in and rise to heroism despite initial base motives.

Temper expectations, boys. Don't try to write the story based on these images because you'll only disappoint yourself when things don't align with the grand stories you've invented.

This is not to say what will be produced will be better or worse, just people become all kinds of disappointed when the story they want isn't the one they get.

8 minutes ago, LagJanson said:

Temper expectations, boys. Don't try to write the story based on these images because you'll only disappoint yourself when things don't align with the grand stories you've invented.

This is not to say what will be produced will be better or worse, just people become all kinds of disappointed when the story they want isn't the one they get.

So I shouldn't put all my hopes and dreams into the idea that the armored person is a younger Supreme Leader Snoke?

11 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

So I shouldn't put all my hopes and dreams into the idea that the armored person is a younger Supreme Leader Snoke?

Jesus balls you just made my brain hurt with that idea

21 minutes ago, LagJanson said:

This^

It did seem to me that the fans most disappointed in TLJ were the same fans who spent countless hours theory crafting backstories for snoke and lineages for Rey. The ones who just went in with no predictions seemed to have a better time of it. 

11 minutes ago, Church14 said:

you just made my brain hurt with that idea

Hear me out!  So, after the fall of the Empire, Snoke is trying to gather up the pieces, but he has to compete with other power-hungry warlords.  He realizes a lowly mercenary could easily go places and accomplish things he couldn't, but he doesn't trust any lowly mercenaries, and instead dons armor and creates an alternate persona who can act more freely.  At first, he just uses this persona as a means to an end, but after meeting and befriending Bob and Betty Reysparents, he grows to truly enjoy the freedom the armor offers.  At the end of the series, a conflicted Snoke pulls a Kylo and murders B&B in order to kill off his alter-ego once and for all!

I mean, it all fits so perfectly!  How could they possibly top that?

13 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

Hear me out!  So, after the fall of the Empire, Snoke is trying to gather up the pieces, but he has to compete with other power-hungry warlords.  He realizes a lowly mercenary could easily go places and accomplish things he couldn't, but he doesn't trust any lowly mercenaries, and instead dons armor and creates an alternate persona who can act more freely.  At first, he just uses this persona as a means to an end, but after meeting and befriending Bob and Betty Reysparents, he grows to truly enjoy the freedom the armor offers.  At the end of the series, a conflicted Snoke pulls a Kylo and murders B&B in order to kill off his alter-ego once and for all!

I mean, it all fits so perfectly!  How could they possibly top that?

I dunno. By reminding the fan base that we didn’t learn anything about Palpatine in the original trilogy and that was fine? That learning where he came from made his character worse?

EDIT: I do see that your comment isn’t serious

Edited by Church14

10 minutes ago, Church14 said:

I dunno. By reminding the fan base that we didn’t learn anything about Palpatine in the original trilogy and that was fine? That learning where he came from made his character worse?

Yeah, but that's because Palpatine didn't have a wacky sidekick.  The Snokdolorian will have a zany Rodian buddy who's always trying money-making schemes that backfire in hilarious ways, or something like that.

Edited by JJ48

17 hours ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

the-mandalorian.jpg

So lets look at the 1st official picture.   I want to draw close attention to the most important, but subtle detail from this picture.   Above the left eye is a small dent in the helmet, almost imperceptible, but there.   This is important because Boba Fett’s helmet had a dent in the exact same place.   

In canon a set of mandalorian armour scoured as if by acid, was purchases by Cobb Vanth from Jawas on tatooine.   Acid tends to burn things away, possible dirt and paint and could leave things shiny as this armour is.   The dent is there for a reason I believe.   

This official image has me, about 90% sure this armour belonged to Boba Fett, and now is owned by Cobb Vanth.   The story details seem to match up and this art depicts small and subtle clues - the dent.   That this is indeed the story we shall be getting.   

Not really, honestly besides the armor differences, in Aftermath Cobb buys the acid damaged armor (that we assume is Boba's armor) and becomes sheriff of a small town in tattoine, although that can be a cool story is too constrained for this show that's is supossed to travel the galaxy.

One think I don't discard is that one or more of the armor pieces might have a past since it's clearly a mix of different amor sets.

31 minutes ago, Ikka said:

I would be happy if we get a Killjoys/Firefly-style series that gives us more info about the Outer Rim/Hutt Space area.

Agreed, though the amount of real world flack an accurate rendition of Hutt culture would bring is worrisome.

18 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Agreed, though the amount of real world flack an accurate rendition of Hutt culture would bring is worrisome.

True, but interaction between the various criminal syndicates, including the Hutt kajidics, Red Dawn, and Black Sun would be very interesting. Have the main character be a facilitator or bounty hunter, trading on Boba's fame with the Mandalorian armor, while trying to resurrect the Mandalorians or something would be decent.

On 10/4/2018 at 8:42 PM, Ixidor said:

I don't think so but production has begun.

Also this, including some info about some of the directors and a still image.

It will have Taika Waititi directing some episodes. That guy is awesome!

11 minutes ago, BrotherFett said:

I want him to have a preserved D5-Mantis Patrol Craft.

Would the hull have lasted the few millennia since the D5's production run? I can see the reasons (bounty hunter class ship and also a KDY design, if ancient as **** by the time that this series is based in) why you'd like it for the series though.

On 10/4/2018 at 4:13 PM, Darth Meanie said:

My wife's comment on this thread is that most of you all "refuse to be delighted." 

I was delighted once, a long time ago, but suddenly: Indiana Jones and the kingdom of the cristal skull.

This was the point when my soul left my body. Since then, I had never been delighted by assuming I'll be delighted in the future.

And I am sad.

On 10/4/2018 at 7:48 AM, weisguy119 said:

I honestly don't get the obsession with Mandalorians.  I always thought Boba was an overrated character.  People like his armor so now we get tons of stories about Mandalore/Mandalorians.  Yawn.

He is the only character made into a figure that killed a kid in actual real life!  The bastard kicked down the 4th wall and sowed death outside the SW universe for merely a few proof of putchases + S&H.  Seriously, how much more badass can a fictional character be?

Sure, some say that was an urban legend from my youth....but the truth is out there: #bobagate

Edited by Pewpewpew BOOM