Sign in to follow this  
Greedo_Sharpshooter

Looking for fearless and inventive scum pilots to support Boba/Marauder/Han

i really like Boba/marauder/han gunner (87pts) as a starting point for a scum squad but wonder if that leaves enough points for 2 decent support ships.

some thoughts on scum options....

Guri is a beast (with the right upgrades)  which leaves little points for a 3rd ship but you can make a strong init bid with just Guri + Boba so that could be where i end up.

Fenn is a monster offensively but is fragile if you get caught. Yes I know you can play him aggressively but losing him early could be hard to recover from. Taking Fenn means taking a generic ship as the 3rd ship due to points.

Palob is very solid and I am thinking i could pair Old Teroch and Palob together as wingmen for Boba with a few points to spare.

Heres a sample list...

Boba/marauder/han (87)

Palob/moldy crow (50)

Old Teroch (56)

7pts left... 4-5 for an init bid and 2pts for EPT's like crackshot or trick shot? grab a 3pt cost crew card and leave 4pts for init bid?

Edited by Da_Brown_Bomber

Thus far, i’ve been trying this:

Boba Fett (80)

0-0-0 (3)

Marauder (3)

Han Solo (Scum) (4)

Palob Godalhi (38)

Lando Calrissian (Scum) (8)

Engine Upgrade (3)

Moldy Crow (12)

Zealous Recruit (44)

Total: 195

That Palob is awesome, but could stand to lose the Engine Upgrade, upgrading the Recruit to a Skull Sqaudron Pilot.

Been enjoying it so far, though more testing is required.

I've got this:

Boba

Marauder

Han Solo

Palob

Moldy Crow

4-LOM

Advanced Sensors

Mist Hunter

0-0-0

Plus, sprinkle in a Trick Shot somewhere - I haven't settled where.

I've given thought to dropping 4-LOM, moving 0-0-0 to Boba, and taking my 59 points in a Teroch plus Fearless or Predator direction

The lists that I've been the most interested in involve some combination of Old Teroch, Palob, and 4-LOM as squad mates. Lots of disruption and token control, to better enable Boba to do his thing. You don't have much space for upgrades, so have to be pretty picky... Marauder/Han on Boba is certain, Moldy Crow for Palob is key, and 0-0-0 probably wants to hitch a ride somewhere. Guri is another popular partner, but she winds up being so costly that you're relegated to a 2-ship build which isn't my cup of tea.

Edited by sionnach19

15 minutes ago, sionnach19 said:

The lists that I've been the most interested in involve some combination of Old Teroch, Palob, and 4-LOM as squad mates. Lots of disruption and token control, to better enable Boba to do his thing. You don't have much space for upgrades, so have to be pretty picky... Marauder/Han on Boba is certain, Moldy Crow for Palob is key, and 0-0-0 probably wants to hitch a ride somewhere. Guri is another popular partner, but she winds up being so costly that you're relegated to a 2-ship build which isn't my cup of tea.

agreed. 2 ship list with Guri seems like one ship short to me.i wonder if a generic or lesser name starfighter is worth considering.

the trick is giving opponents pause for thought if they go after Boba early.  with 87pts invested in him thats where the match will be won/lost early on.

I like Old Teroch and Palob but can see how 4-LOM could be really good as a hard hitting ship with nice disruption. i think with advanced sensors on 4-LOM you could really abuse his stress giving options as u can barrel roll and set up a red turn more easily.points are so tight with 3 ships tho.

1 minute ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

lets assume Palob +moldy crow is a lock as wingmate#1 for Boba/title/han.

as ur 3rd ship would u rather have...

4-LOM/title/advanced sensors (59pts)  with 4pts initiative bid

OR  Old Teroch (56) + 3pt crew/EPT's with 4 pts initiatice bid

??

I lean towards 4-LOM for a bunch of reasons. Old Teroch's shtick overlaps with Palob's, which can lean to diminishing returns. Teroch also needs to expose himself to enemy fire to trigger his ability, while his chassis leaves him better suited for arc dodging. And, to arc dodge well, you need to get competitive with your initiative bid. If you run 4-LOM, I don't think you worry about a bid much at all -- Boba doesn't hate being the first player, as it means he gets to trigger Han before I5 opponents shoot. 4-LOM's stress provides another type of control which supplements Palob's token removal. I also think you create more flexibility in playing with upgrades (or building in a bit of a margin if elements of the list eventually go up in cost). I'm not convinced Advanced Sensors/Title is essential... you could drop them to make points for Elusiveness on 4-LOM, or give Boba more upgrades (an EPT like Debris Gambit, a Seismic Charge for some more swarm control, etc.).

I tried this list last weekend.

•Nashtah Pup (6) - Z-95-AF4 Headhunter (6 pts)

•Bossk (70) - YV-666 Light Freighter (87 pts)
Marksmanship (1)
Contraband Cybernetics (5)
•Cikatro Vizago (2) 
•Jabba the Hutt (8)
•Hound’s Tooth (1)

•Boba Fett (80) - Firespray-class Patrol Craft (105 pts)
Fearless (3)
Perceptive Copilot (10) 
•Cloaking Device (5)
•Marauder (3)
•Han Solo (4)

after the first turn mandatory swap Cloaking Device swap with Contraband Cybernetics, and Hutt recharging the card 3 consecutive turns, Boba had 9 stress tokens stacked on him! 
He pretty much soloed my opponents list.

12 hours ago, SabineKey said:

Thus far, i’ve been trying this:

Boba Fett (80)

0-0-0 (3)

Marauder (3)

Han Solo (Scum) (4)

Palob Godalhi (38)

Lando Calrissian (Scum) (8)

Engine Upgrade (3)

Moldy Crow (12)

Zealous Recruit (44)

Total: 195

That Palob is awesome, but could stand to lose the Engine Upgrade, upgrading the Recruit to a Skull Sqaudron Pilot.

Been enjoying it so far, though more testing is required.

The HWK that we're finding best is Elusive/L3-37/Moldy Crow.  L3 & Elusive give you hands-free defensive mods so you can take TL actions and don't need to be burning double focus tokens with Lando the whole time, then the green banks of L3 mean you're happy to red boost and didn't need to buy Engine.  Comes in a few points cheaper too.

You're honing in the Rubber Dinghy Rapids list, though which is Boba/Palob/Quad/Autopilot Drone.

I’ve tried this list once, and it did pretty well. I’m not sure I would keep LW, but Boba and IG-A were able to share tokens at range 3 fairly often. It’s a little like Parattani, but it is not as stress-resistant. If Sloane emerges as a meta fixture, I don’t this this list will do well. Otherwise, these ships are hard to pin down and very action-efficient.  

(80) Boba Fett
(4) IG-88D
(3) Marauder
(4) Han Solo
Points 91

(70) IG-88A
(2) IG-2000
(8) Advanced Sensors
(4) Lone Wolf
Points 84

(22) L3-37
(2) Tactical Officer
Points 24

Total points: 199

When I have finally understood how to fly the escape craft, I will try this one

Boba Fett (80)
Debris Gambit (2)
Perceptive Copilot (10)
Marauder (3)
Han Solo (Scum) (4)

Guri (62)
Outmaneuver (6)
Advanced Sensors (8)

L3-37 (Escape Craft) (22)
Tactical Officer (2)

Total: 199

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

I agree with @SOTL, Palob with elusive and L3-37 is golden.

Edit - I got another one. I know folks are not sold on the lancer, nevertheless will try this one too

Boba Fett (80)
Debris Gambit (2)
0-0-0 (3)
Marauder (3)
Han Solo (Scum) (4)

Ketsu Onyo (74)
Zuckuss (3)
Shadow Caster (6)

L3-37 (Escape Craft) (22)
Tactical Officer (2)

Total: 199

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0