Sithborg

Resistance Conversion Kit upgrade preview

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/10/3/continuing-the-fight/

Threepio is fascinating, as it clearly shows that other Resistance ships will be able to get Calculate. Also, pretty certain that the bomber is getting a gunner upgrade. 

And we add Scavenged YT-1300 to Customized and Modified. 

Edited by Sithborg

So Resistance is the faction of incredible dice modification upgrades, it seems.  All those cards are fantastic in tournaments, so long as they're costed appropriately.

Also, does...

Alternatively, new players can combine the ship cards, upgrade cards, maneuver dials, and ship tokens in this kit with first edition ship expansions to play with the full strength of the Resistance right away.

...mean that Resistance/FO Conversion Kit contents are legal in Second Edition format?

11 minutes ago, Sithborg said:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/10/3/continuing-the-fight/

Threepio is fascinating, as it clearly shows that other Resistance ships will be able to get Calculate. Also, pretty certain that the bomber is getting a gunner upgrade. 

And we add Scavenged YT-1300 to Customized and Modified. 

Clearly the resistence will rely heavy on droids, after TLJ, they all fit on the Falcon... 

Just now, Dwing said:

Are there any limitations on how many evade tokens you can spend per roll in 2.0?

nope, it's a nasty ability if you can get in close to the entire enemy fleet.

probably best to spread your ships a bit if you are flying against this... its nasty.

Just now, Sithborg said:

I think the Falcon's 1 agility is a good enough limitation. 

yes but it really really closes future design space for any crew ships with a bunch of green dice.

right now the resistance only has 1x evade ships with crew, that is probably going to change however. Imagine this on a tie phantom like ship? 

An upgrade card cannot be looked at in a vacuum.

Just now, MasterShake2 said:

Presumably there will be a non Falcon with a crew at some point, but who knows.

Maaaybe the Resistance Bomber, though it might just have gunners. But even then, we still have 1 agi to deal with.

I am very pleased about the separation of the faction! I will save a lot of money as I will focus on the faction I prefer, plus the new factions seems to have great identity! Ffg is doing great! I really was not interested by resistance and FO, now I feel like I can forgive Mickey some day.

Why on earth would they invalidate the Second Edition format's reason for existing? Not requiring new players to buy expensive conversion kits that do nothing on their own and then hunt for potentially out of print ships is the whole point of Second Edition format. I think you're reading too much into an advertisement.

I really don't see why Wave 2 wasn't Bomber/T-70/RZ-2 + Tie FO/Tie SF/Upsilon.

Alternatively, new players can combine the ship cards, upgrade cards, maneuver dials, and ship tokens in this kit with first edition ship expansions to play with the full strength of the Resistance right away.

With this quote mentioned above, I actually wouldn't be surprised if the conversion kits for First Order and Resistance were allowed for the limited format. They're so far behind already and only having 1 ship available for the First Order won't do it.