Sign in to follow this  
Gandalf_

Potential Campaign Mode for non-Saga scenarios?

I got really excited with the discussion in the other thread about what future features/ideas we would like to see in the game. Someone mentioned a new campaign mode and after digging around I found this quote by Caleb:

Campaign play has been very successful and well-received with the saga expansions. Lately I’ve been thinking quite a bit about how we might be able to do more with that idea.

Source (at the bottom)

How do you think this could be implemented? Maybe add a kit/box of sorts to the existing line-up that connects scenarios? Or build a new set of expansions that have a tighter narrative like the Arkham Horror LCG? Personally I would love something like that, especially if we can gain loot and other boons moving forward. Other ideas?

Edited by Gandalf_

Something akin to a 'nightmare' deck, but with boons / burdens for a cycle, challenges that reward special boons, would be AWESOME. 

In a collectable box sized for the expansion + nightmare cards (room for cards to be sleeved too.)

Edited by ColinEdwards

I think something akin to the “return to” boxes like in Arkham Horror would be cool. It was mentioned in the other thread and I thought it was a great idea. You could introduce boons and burdens and new cards or decks to help tell the story or a reimaging of the story from the cycle. I even like the idea of the box to hold the cycle that they did  for AH

it might be a good idea to not even follow the story of the cycle. FFG would have an entire cycle of encounter cards at thier disposal plus they can add more to fill in the gaps as needed. You would not even need to make it 9 scenarios long, I would be fine if we ended up with a highly tuned and replay-able 6 scenario campaign.

I like both your ideas. Whatever it is I hope they don't make them a POD thing for every single scenario in the game. It will be too much to start collecting yet another thing from the beginning. 

Yeah, I totally agree ... one box per cycle with extra campaign rule cards, boons, and maybe something (like the online game) where at various threat levels additional bad things happen and maybe a fate score where questers can boost if they aren't questing for boons and other bonuses. Some dividers and a storage box. I'd love to get more replay out of the older scenarios.