Duciris

Android: Official Genesys System

The description of the bioroid made me think of the BR2049 short "BR2036: Nexus Dawn", for some reason. 

Also those guns look inferior next to the selections in GM Huzz's sci-fi armoury.

12 hours ago, Endersai said:

Also those guns look inferior next to the selections in GM Huzz's sci-fi armoury.

In defence, Huzz's list has the assumption that laser weapons are standard for all sci-fi settings, and rarity is balanced to the power of the weapon mechanically ("R" restriction non-existent). The official Android list better reflects the technological capabilities of setting (late 21st century Earth), and its legal rules. I mean you can get the Auto Shotgun at rarity 5 instead of 8, although with dubious legal issues coming up on the purchase; reflecting it's ease of fabrication and high demand, but with legal restrictions.  Heck, a pistol is rarity 2 in the official list, so it reflects how libertarian self-defence is the norm in the beanstalk.

Generally I think Genesys's equipment list should reflect the setting more than other systems, and Huzz's list to be more of a guide line and inspiration. 

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Berg_Katze said:

A setting that advocates racial and gender diversity, with gay, trans, and colored characters being represented positively? Isn't that too pestilentially Liberal for your non-political sense?

Soooo. Where did this attack come from? Was this stuff known to be included back in December? Did you have some special knowledge of the books contents? Still reading through my copy so far but it seems that you perceive a heavy handedness that is not there. People are people and that is how they are portrayed, with only the barest hints of the adversarial issues you claim are present. If you want to inject identity politics into your games, go ahead. While I don't know @Deathseed, don't attack others that don't share your faith or feel the need to include it in their games .

Edited by lyinggod

Posted (edited)
On 3/13/2019 at 7:35 AM, Berg_Katze said:

A setting that advocates racial and gender diversity, with gay, trans, and colored characters being represented positively? Isn't that too pestilentially Liberal for your non-political sense?

Errrmmm, most of my social views could be categorized as liberal, so I'm not quite sure what you're on about.

Not that I actually have to explain myself to you.

On 3/13/2019 at 8:02 PM, lyinggod said:

Soooo. Where did this attack come from? Was this stuff known to be included back in December? Did you have some special knowledge of the books contents? Still reading through my copy so far but it seems that you perceive a heavy handedness that is not there. People are people and that is how they are portrayed, with only the barest hints of the adversarial issues you claim are present. If you want to inject identity politics into your games, go ahead. While I don't know @Deathseed, don't attack others that don't share your faith or feel the need to include it in their games .

Color me perplexed. It seems like that might have been a directed (at me) attack, but if it was, I can't imagine why.

I don't attack the LGBTQ community, and frequently speak up in their defense (in places where I indulge my, admittedly aggressive, urge for political argumentation).

If Berg somehow thinks otherwise of me, well, okay.

Edited by Deathseed

4 hours ago, Deathseed said:

Color me perplexed. It seems like that might have been a directed (at me) attack, but if it was, I can't imagine why.

Reading through this I have to agree that that was one of the most random internet attacks I have seen ever. 😂

I'm just sitting here trying to figure out what the point was.  I don't even think those issues are actually that prevalent in the Android Universe (story-wise I mean, they do exist, but the subject matter rarely deals with them).

19 minutes ago, slope123 said:

Reading through this I have to agree that that was one of the most random internet attacks I have seen ever. 😂

I'm just sitting here trying to figure out what the point was.  I don't even think those issues are actually that prevalent in the Android Universe (story-wise I mean, they do exist, but the subject matter rarely deals with them).

Beats me, but it's not the first time I've ended up on the wrong side of crazy.