Duciris

Android: Official Genesys System

27 minutes ago, GroggyGolem said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but the favor rules sound an awful lot like Obligations in Edge of the Empire.

Or social complications in Champions/HERO. But EotE is likely the actual source.

I imagine each of the official settings for Genesys will significantly expand the optional rules and introduce new ones like RoT did.

With the anticipation of Cyberpunk 2077 and (presumably by extension) Cyberpunk 2020 rocketing up to #6 on DTRPG.com, I feel this is brilliant timing. I’ve seen quite a few forum posts concerning a desire for cyberpunk gaming, so coupling the fantastic GeneSys with the beloved Android universe right now is simply good sense. It’s also sure to drive up sales for Worlds of Android. I know I’m getting it. ?

Edited by Alderaan Crumbs
More stuff!

5 minutes ago, Alderaan Crumbs said:

With the anticipation of Cyberpunk 2077 and (presumably by extension) Cyberpunk 2020 rocketing up to #6 on DTRPG.com, I feel this is brilliant timing. I’ve seen quite a few forum posts concerning a desire for cyberpunk gaming, so coupling the fantastic GeneSys with the beloved Android universe right now is simply good sense. It’s also sure to drive up sales for Worlds of Android. I know I’m getting it. ?

And considering that I will be running a Shadowrun themed game following my current Ruins of Azlant (Pathfinder) game using the Genesys mechanics? This is absolutely perfect for me. 

15 minutes ago, Mogloth said:

And considering that I will be running a Shadowrun themed game following my current Ruins of Azlant (Pathfinder) game using the Genesys mechanics? This is absolutely perfect for me. 

Oh, heck yeah! I bet this is going to happen at many tables. 

On 10/3/2018 at 1:40 PM, Alderaan Crumbs said:

Oh, heck yeah! I bet this is going to happen at many tables. 

The magic system is a bit loose for Shadowrun, but it could work. 

What subsystems are we anticipating? Beefed up hacking? The favours system mentioned up thread?

I was interested / slightly disappointed to see no ‘custom skills’ on the example character sheets doing the rounds. This suggests nothing radical in terms of rules support?

3 hours ago, dbm_ said:

I was interested / slightly disappointed to see no ‘custom skills’ on the example character sheets doing the rounds. This suggests nothing radical in terms of rules support?

I think a lack of custom skills is simply a result of Genesys already having all the Skills you need to run a futuristic setting.

3 hours ago, dbm_ said:

What subsystems are we anticipating? Beefed up hacking? The favours system mentioned up thread?

I am imagining that the optional rules for cybernetics and hacking will be heavily supplemented, Favors will be the new subsystem (like RoT has Heroic Abilities). Beyond that, there'll be some more Item Attachments, and likely a small selection of new vehicles.