DScipio

X-Wing/TIE-Fighter Missions for Armada

2 hours ago, ThatRobHuman said:

Curious thought: has anyone considered making Empires at War-style missions, too?

Yes I've tried some ideas  for some of the missions. One in particular was capturing the lambda shuttles with the sundered heart. 

I also thought about doing the Kothlis space battle mission from Rogue Squadron III 

On 10/2/2018 at 3:26 PM, DScipio said:

Tour of Duty 1, Mission 3

Fly Point During Evacuation

X-wing playthrough: Tour of Duty 1, Mission 3 x-wing lucasarts Y-Wing Star Wars Armada GIF

Setup: 

The Rebel player places his forces in close to medium range to the center of the board, with the exception of the Shuttles. In turn one he may remove one ship or squadron, instead of activating it (as if it had resolved the "Hyperspace escape" upgrade card). The Shuttle is placed at the start of turn 3 anywhere in close to medium range to the center of the board.

The Imperial Player places its force after the first and second activation of the Rebel player.

The Rebels player begins.

Rebel Forces:

1 X-Wing Squadron
1 Y-Wing Squadron

1 VCX-100 Squadron
2 YT-2400 Squadron
1 Lambda class shuttles Squadron

2 Cr90 Crovettes
1 Nebulon-B Suporrt frigate

Free play:
60 Points of fighters, 45 must be spend on squadron with 6 hull or more and one Lambda class shuttle squadron

100 Points of ships
Imperial Forces:
Imperial-I class star destroyer

2 Squadrons of TIE-Fighters 

1 Squadrons of TIE-Bombers Anti-Squadron Ordnance

Free play:
110 Points of ships
30 Points of figthers 

Special rules:
The Imperial Warships count as having equipped "Rapid Launch Bays"

All ships count as having equipped "Hyperspace escape"

Victory conditions:

Rebel Victory points:
+100 Points if the Lambda squadron leaves the board without damage
+75 Points if the Lambda squadron leaves the board
+20 Points for each escaping Rebel ship

+10 Points for each escaping Rebel squadron with Hullvalue over 5 beside the Y-Wings

+5 Points for each escaping Rebel squadron with Hullvalue that leaves the battlefiewld undamaged

Imperial Victory points:

+15  Points for each Rebel Fighter squadron that is destroyed
+5  Points for each Rebel Fighter squadron that took damage destroyed

+50 Points if the Lambda squadron is destroyed

I tried this today, but did it more in a "Blockade Run" style. Rebel had to deploy at 3' edge and Imperial the opposite side. It was a catastrophe for the followers of Palaptine although I doubled the imperial squadrons.

Outnumbered and outactivated the ISD I has no chance against the rebel forces. TIE Fighters died in round 4, TIE Bombers next round. The ISD turned to pin down 1 CR90 or the Nebulon, but that made it worse. He got shot round after round from long range. First activation of round 1 the ISD died. Nebulon had 1 damage card, some squadrons hull damage but no losses at all!

I will try that again, but then I will give Imperial side initiative, that will be more of a challange, I suppose.

On 11/2/2018 at 4:50 PM, Triangular said:

I tried this today, but did it more in a "Blockade Run" style. Rebel had to deploy at 3' edge and Imperial the opposite side. It was a catastrophe for the followers of Palaptine although I doubled the imperial squadrons.

Outnumbered and outactivated the ISD I has no chance against the rebel forces. TIE Fighters died in round 4, TIE Bombers next round. The ISD turned to pin down 1 CR90 or the Nebulon, but that made it worse. He got shot round after round from long range. First activation of round 1 the ISD died. Nebulon had 1 damage card, some squadrons hull damage but no losses at all!

I will try that again, but then I will give Imperial side initiative, that will be more of a challange, I suppose.

Thanks for the feedback, i will look at it.