Da_Brown_Bomber

lets talk Kihraxz fighter

8 hours ago, Alex Zenith said:

I am testing 3 Carter Mauraders naked and Drea equiped with Cloaking and Dorsal, and a Jakku Gunrunner. Don't know how competetive but it has been ok at the weekly games.

I'm thinking about Drea with Han Gunner and r4 Astro and Dorsal, otherwise the same build. Seems to have lots of damage output....

Something I keep meaning to put on a table:

• Captain Jostero (43)
    • One point more than a Black Sun Ace, but without the Talent slot, which makes sense.  Seem fairly priced.
  • Captain Nym (Havok, Ion Cannon Turret, Trajectory Simulator, Proton Bombs, Seismic Charges, Havoc, Genius) 73
  • IG-88 B (Ion Cannon, Trajectory Simulator, Proton Bombs) 83
  • Total 199, bid 1.  Could be Inertial Dampeners on Jostero.

Kinda makes sense to me.  Double bomb-slingers, with Jostero who can sneak in a bonus attack from those bombs.

Stealth Device and Afterburners on Talonbane, alongside Fearlessness does seem pretty sweet, albeit suicidal. Decloak forward, 4-straight, boost is a crazy amount of distance covered. 

4 minutes ago, Tvboy said:

Stealth Device and Afterburners on Talonbane, alongside Fearlessness does seem pretty sweet, albeit suicidal. Decloak forward, 4-straight, boost is a crazy amount of distance covered. 

Cloak does that. Stealth Device is + 1 defense die till the ship it is on takes damage. :)

4 hours ago, ficklegreendice said:

Mods don't really matter, in that the khirax doesn't need em

The cartel Marauder is cheap, efficient, and EXCEPTIONALLY improved from first edition

It is a fine, solid ship 

You are right it doesn't need them, but there isn't much choice even if you wanted to tool it up. When costed against the X Wing you seem to be paying more for slots it cant use atm. For Scum there are better options at the higher Int level.

Edited by Archangelspiv

I've been running a bunch of variants of Drea + generic Kihraxz lists over the last couple weeks.  They are strong and flexible, and I think they are fun to fly.

I haven't put this on the table yet, so not sure if it's good or not. 

Lok Revenant w/ ICT, Proton Bombs, Havoc, TrajSim, Genius

3x Cartel Mauraders w/ Cluster Missiles

17 hours ago, Icelom said:

They are fine, they are in no way exciting however.

The naked generic makes sense, don't think I would want to pay any more points for the aces.

Until there are some more/interesting mods we probably won't see them very much because they are just boring...  X-wings have a similar stat line/cost but have some fun interesting mechanics that make them just more exciting and flexible, as it stands you might as well run a rebel x-wing list (unless you want to run the 5 ship list, and to be honest the 5 ship list is probably very good have not tried it in second yet but in first it was very very solid).

The reason I have not tried the 5x list yet is because they are so bog standard boring, I am having fun trying all the new exciting stuff right now.

This sounds like someone who never played early versions of X-wing.  I prefer to play X-wing with mostly generics.  It's kind of what hooks me into the game.  Just a bunch of named people with bells and whistles makes me think of just OP crap that ruins the game.  I know there is no right or wrong and I just have my own opinion, but I just find it interesting.  I like taking generic fighters and doing well with them.

4 hours ago, heychadwick said:

This sounds like someone who never played early versions of X-wing.  I prefer to play X-wing with mostly generics.  It's kind of what hooks me into the game.  Just a bunch of named people with bells and whistles makes me think of just OP crap that ruins the game.  I know there is no right or wrong and I just have my own opinion, but I just find it interesting.  I like taking generic fighters and doing well with them.

My favorite list in First edition was 5x mangler cannon M3A's, I flew 5x Kihraxz many many times. 

Don't assume anything.

The reason they are boring in second edition is they are almost identical to what they were in first, with an added barrel roll (that is nice). I have so much other "new" stuff to try I am not going to go play with a list that I played quite a bit with in first addition. 

People who started at launch or so snobby, I get it your nostalgia of playing the game when it released is really strong (and only you can conceive of the true joy of x-wing).... move on.

Not to disparge anyone's opinion or suggest there's a right way of doing anything, but you can definitely "spice" up khirax with a few ship choices

For example, dorsal Drea with dengar gunner + jakku gun runner + THREE. CARTEL. MARAUDERS

You get the solid khirax core with the interesting positioning requirements of Drea and the Quad 

1 hour ago, ficklegreendice said:

Not to disparge anyone's opinion or suggest there's a right way of doing anything, but you can definitely "spice" up khirax with a few ship choices

For example, dorsal Drea with dengar gunner + jakku gun runner + THREE. CARTEL. MARAUDERS

You get the solid khirax core with the interesting positioning requirements of Drea and the Quad 

You can spice it up even more by dropping Dengar gunner and replacing one Kihraxz with a Starviper! I’m definitely going to try that next!

6 hours ago, heychadwick said:

@heychadwick is my spirit animal.

29 minutes ago, darkflop said:

You can spice it up even more by dropping Dengar gunner and replacing one Kihraxz with a Starviper! I’m definitely going to try that next!

The exact list I was staring at in YASB yesterday.

On 10/1/2018 at 3:20 AM, Dengars Toilet Paper said:

The only thing I have flown is 2 mauraders naked, 2 B Pirates naked, a Quad naked and Drea with dorsal turret. The focus and 1 reroll works well but I think we all know mauraders r good it's just pilots that don't seem worth it.

I have been doing the similar, but with 3 mauraders and drea with dorsal/han/expert handling Drea, and have done ok with it.  3 naked marauder cost the same as 5 Binarye Pirates, but in think the Kihraxz are better.

Edited by balindamood

I like Drea,vso far I've flown with 3 I3 Starvipers w Elusive but I might try 3 Cartel Marauders and a quad.

If you haven't, I encourage you to try my triple Vipers list though. One reroll on both greens and reds, and the curved roll is nice. Elusive pairs well if you like s-looping like me. Off topic in this thread, but a good generic comparison.

Cartels and all the non Talonbane aces need a bump up by a point. The 5 CM list is highly underrated right now. I've gone 14-0 with them in 6 weeks of play. Defeated barrage bombers, double defenders, Boba Guri, vader mini swarm, Luke Dash and tie swarm. There should not be any 5 ship three primary with 30 total HP. Once that is done, all modifications can be equipped with a  -1 cost. Can be done in the app. 

Then they'll be just about perfect to what they're supposed to be. Modular and distinct.

Edited by Cloaker

On 10/1/2018 at 1:46 PM, Archangelspiv said:

You are right it doesn't need them, but there isn't much choice even if you wanted to tool it up. When costed against the X Wing you seem to be paying more for slots it cant use atm. For Scum there are better options at the higher Int level.

I feel like that in a lot of places. I'm not sure what it was like in First Edition, but the app really illustrates how few options there really are in a few places. I guess it's better than there being some obvious mandatory choice in each slot, but sometimes I wish there were some more options. So many remaining options are so situational that it's easy to pass on them (especially if it means you get to squeeze in another whole ship).

Edited by Jokubas

16 hours ago, westiebestie said:

...but I might try 3 Cartel Marauders and a quad.

I have not really done a quad, but I do like a Tansarii Point Vet with Tractor Beam Cannon.  It's I3, which shoots first.  It can fire longer range.  The dial is similar to the Khiraxzes.