Da_Brown_Bomber

lets talk Kihraxz fighter

Is the Kihraxz fighter actually good in 2.0?

interested in seeing what squads are seeing play that feature this ship.

Talonbane with Initiative 5 for 50pts seems like a good deal. Ur rolling 5 dice at range 1. Thats nothing to sneeze at but can he reliably get range 1 shots?

Edited by Da_Brown_Bomber

13 minutes ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

Is the Kihraxz fighter actually good in 2.0?

interested in seeing what squads are seeing play that feature this ship.

Talonbane with Initiative 6 for 50pts seems like a good deal. Ur rolling 5 dice at range 1. Thats nothing to sneeze at but can he reliably get range 1 shots?

Talonbane is only Inititive 5 ?

and can't equip engine upgrade to help force range 1 or 3.

4 hours ago, Archangelspiv said:

Talonbane is only Int 5 in 2.0.

Kihraxz's are suffering from 2.0 early days release atm. They can have 3 Modifications, but there aren't 3 mods you want to put on them. 

Agreed, either they need useful Mod upgrades and/or a discount to them by means of a Vaksai title. Discounted Mods and Illicits might make them worth taking on the K. 

Not played them yet, seem outscored by the Fang and Starvipers with boost and linked focus so I choose to build lists and fly with those ships instead. If I want missile carriers, z95s and m3s are cheaper. So the K seems to be in a strange spot. 

Talonbane comes with Afterburners btw, taking him to 58. ;) Graz looks pretty cool with Outmanoeuvre.

Edited by westiebestie

I'm having a bit of success with Jostero, no add ons.  I have been pairing him with Torani in the kimo.

Jostero tends to draw a lot of hate, which means my bigger ships are left alone for a couple rounds.  I am ok with that.

Talonbane is in a really bad spot. He's 2 points cheaper than Soontir and Wedge who have arguably better abilities (Soontir's patches up his 1.0 vulnerability to bumping, whereas Wedge's ability is mathematically close while not being range-restricted), are piloting better ships, and most importantly- fly at PS6. If there's any hope for the Kihraxz, it's in the lower ini pilots, but literally all of them just seem overpriced next to the T-65s. They have slightly weaker dials, exchange the now-powerful Torp slot for the currently awful missile and lack S-Foils in exchange for the pretty meh illicit (which Renegade x-wings have too, btw) and almost completely irrelevant additional mod slots. (Edit: oh, and no astromech.)

Edited by Elavion

The only thing I have flown is 2 mauraders naked, 2 B Pirates naked, a Quad naked and Drea with dorsal turret. The focus and 1 reroll works well but I think we all know mauraders r good it's just pilots that don't seem worth it.

My meta usually favors high PS, so having an unreliable low PS damage dealer is not all that great.  This is why I favor the extremely low PS quadjumper.  With the points that I save, I can usually give him some nice upgrades and the added tractor beam really messes up my opponent's plans (or leaves him second guessing very often).

Errr....screw the names guys.  The generics are fantastic!   Cheap and good ships.  Just plain ships are very useful.

I don't have 5, but I have run this list.  I have only lost 1 game out if 6 or so.

(43) Gand Findsman
Points 43

(40) Cartel Marauder
Points 40

(40) Cartel Marauder
Points 40

(40) Cartel Marauder
Points 40

(33) Tansarii Point Veteran
(3) Tractor Beam
(1) Trick Shot
Points 37

Total points: 200

====

The dial is really good for the ship.  It has a 1 hard turn as well as a 1 bank.  It can Kturn and Talon Roll.  

Very cheap ship with 3 attack dice.  Good dial.  

It’s a no-frills snub fighter with a missile slot and more mod slots than it needs.  Which isn’t a bad thing, because it’s cost is low enogh to be an efficient jouster.  But there are better options if you want high performance, like the starviper or fang fighter.  The three mod slots might come in handy later when more mods are added to the game.

I’m hoping that they do a full Vraksai kit in the not too distant future.  It would be better suited for a full kit in v2 than the v1 title.  They could open up the dial a bit more with blue turns of whichever speed, while adding linked actions and a native boost (or even a red boost so a particular upgrade matches it...).  Give it a 3 agility, cut it down to a single mod slot or two, and price it accordingly.  If done right, it would be different enough from the Kihraxz by being more of a high-performance ship, while not stepping over the role of the speedier Fang Fighters.  Especially if all it’s linked actions have to do with boosting.  From there, toss some Black Sun pilots in it, and give it a hotrod snub-fighter sculpt.

7 hours ago, Archangelspiv said:

Talonbane is only Int 5 in 2.0.

Kihraxz's are suffering from 2.0 early days release atm. They can have 3 Modifications, but there aren't 3 mods you want to put on them. 

Mods don't really matter, in that the khirax doesn't need em

The cartel Marauder is cheap, efficient, and EXCEPTIONALLY improved from first edition

It is a fine, solid ship 

6 hours ago, Alex Zenith said:

I am testing 3 Carter Mauraders naked and Drea equiped with Cloaking and Dorsal, and a Jakku Gunrunner. Don't know how competetive but it has been ok at the weekly games.

I think there is something there. Drea doesn't necessarily need to be in formation to provide a buff. She can hang back or flank to then side with a turret.

Graz is a beautiful beast for 47pts. 4 dice with a focus is 3 expected hits. 3 dice with a lock and focus is 2.8 expected hits. Not much else needs to go on him. Crackshot cause his aggro makes him live as long as Pure Sabaac. Or LW to flank, or fearless if he riding shotgun in a squad - enemy can come towards him procing fearless or turn away procing ability.

Now, its up to your opponent to choose to come at him or away from away, as Graz doesnt have much maneuverability, but you use this to your advantage. Pair him with Fenn or Cobra and have the enemy come at a 5 dicer. Or pair him with Palob etc. Ships people dont want to get close to, but dont want to flee, cause Graz. Ships like Soontir and Vader are hit and runners. And when they run from Graz he can hurt them, even from range 3. I have Fenn and Cobra in my list, and Graz draws all the aggro.

Just will copy and paste my post from other Khiraxzcvzxkcxzk thread:

Love Graz. He somehow makes it into many of my scum builds. Toss him in naked. He is kinda of like the Scum version of Pure Sabaac. Your opponent cant afford to ignore him. I also like pairing him with Talonbane. 97pts for two ships tossing 10 possible red dice.

This is my scum list I have been doing well with. 15 possible red dice from 3 ships. Last game on opening engagement, tossed 14 red dice at 4Lom. He died  

Fenn Rau (68)
Predator (2)

Graz (47)
Crack Shot (1)

Talonbane Cobra (50)
Predator (2)

L3-37 (Escape Craft) (22)
Tactical Officer (2)

Total: 194

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

I've only put them on the board for one game, but I was pleased with their performance.  I ran Fenn, Drea, and a pair of Black Sun Aces with Crackshot hammer and anvil style.

The 2-Tallon Rolls are a great addition to the dial, the barrel roll is clutch, and the extra hull point is pretty big.

Keep 'em cheap and have something more threatening in the list with them to draw some agro and they will do some solid work.

They are fine, they are in no way exciting however.

The naked generic makes sense, don't think I would want to pay any more points for the aces.

Until there are some more/interesting mods we probably won't see them very much because they are just boring...  X-wings have a similar stat line/cost but have some fun interesting mechanics that make them just more exciting and flexible, as it stands you might as well run a rebel x-wing list (unless you want to run the 5 ship list, and to be honest the 5 ship list is probably very good have not tried it in second yet but in first it was very very solid).

The reason I have not tried the 5x list yet is because they are so bog standard boring, I am having fun trying all the new exciting stuff right now.

The Kihraxz is a knife fighter. Its dial + white barrel roll supports nasty, in close fights beautifully. While a bit pricy a Pred, Cloak, Stealth Dev, Afterburner Talonbane can get in close and stick there on allot of enemies. SD Hel is also good as a stress threat that hits hard enough to make you're opponent think a bit about focusing fire elsewhere or eating the stress. You can also set Kihraxz's up fairly tanky if you want to spend the points. A 7-8 hp dog fighter can be just plain inane as a filler.