Mr Trep

Asajj in 2.0

Hi guys,

Any of you had any success running Asajj in 2.0 yet ?

Starting at 84 pts seems a bit pricy right now. She is the only scum pilot with the force, Okay, but most force talents does not seem to be worth it on her. I'd rather use a standard talent slot for her...

The 2 dice aux arc hurts.

The title somewhat forces you to play her as a front arc only ship. seems better suited for Ketsu.

If only she had a gunner slot, Han would do wonder with that incredible dial.

Am I missing something ? I'm curious to hear what some of you think. My guess is that it will be difficult to convince me to pick asajj over boba or Lando's falcon right now.

Kinda sad.

Thanks

I've seen Asajj on the table.  She didn't seem too bad, but Force Talents do seem lackluster on her.

However, comparing Asajj to, say, Ketsu with Maul Crew, I think I'd probably rather have Ketsu. (or maybe even Sabine with Maul crew...).  Ketsu, Fearless, Maul, Title still seems like a solid build.

Edited by theBitterFig

Until gyroscopic targeting becomes available again (no gunner slot for agile gunner) I'm regarding the Lancer as basically a jouster 

Seems to have been designed around that intention, especially given how the title was changed

With Forcus, Asajj should be able to "joust" okay (definitely ain't no Sabine against swarms, but still). From what little experience locals have garnered, seems Latz is still legit

Title seems fair too as the opponent could chuck a defensive token instead of getting stress, opening them up for a rough tractor beam experience

Comes out to 97, which doesn't seem terrible

I paired her with a fully loaded Han and Lando (Escape Craft).

This list was really fun to fly and had a nice synergy which is (sadly) super hard to trigger:

Asajj had Heightened Perception, Latz and Title. First she gives a stress token. Then she engages at I7 and tractors someone. Han's next at I6. He shoots on a stressed ship, through a rock and uses trick shot which makes 5 dice total with focus and 2 rerolls against an enemy ship with -1 green dice. And theres Greedo of course...

This will definitely put a smile on your face...but all in all the lists damage potential falls short. 

Last 1.0 games I played were with Assaj, she shined giving tractor tokens and moving small base ships on rocks. On 2.0 tractor tokens should be a good strategy for dealing with aces like Luke, Vader, Whisper, etc. The point is that the lancer title sucks and this is a role that a couple of quadjumpers could perform for less points. Let's wait until "dark side" upgrades arrives and hope she can fit them.

Heightened Perception and Shadow Caster title with Latts Crew. Gives her ability to tractor beam opponents for Boba Fett, Dengar etc. She could tractor someone into Bobas range 1 before they fire, giving him rerolls.

Her stress ability will always be SUPER strong and can cripple ships like soontir and prevent vader from using supernatty.

Boba probably her best wingmate.

I think the lancers are overpriced, but better safe than sorry. I could see a nice 4-5pt drop in their future, even a gunner slot. For the price of a naked Asajj you could get a fully operational Dengar.

Can confirm, she just feels way overpriced.

I can understand the reticence, Asajj was basically singlehandledly keeping Scum in any semblance of viability for most of the last two years of 1e, and was part of several of the most overpowered and annoying lists, but she's been hit way too hard.

C.f. that Scum Han is 74 points tricked out to up to 6 die primary with double mods.

I havent tried the Lancer yet so dont have a real opinion other than its probably still pretty good given total HP and the option to run a 180 arc to either side. Plus mods and 2 dice etc.

Both Assaj and Sabine look ok to me. 

Not sure how I would build them other than the usual ig88d or 000, trickshot, and rigged cargo, on everything that moves. Contrabad cybernetics seems really solid to in general.

Not assaj but I want to try Sabine, Guri, Old T.

Edited by Boom Owl

Played Asajj in 1.0 quite a bit, but in 2.0 she doesn't inspire me. Would go for Ketsu or Sabine. 

3 hours ago, SOTL said:

Lancers are bad, and Assaj is overpriced even for a Lancer pilot.  Avoid.

I hope you are wrong on the chassis. I like playing the lancer, such a fast ship. 

Edited by flooze

Do have positive things to say about Sabine. Pushes into Boba territory, but she's really tough and tractorbeam shenanigans are hilariously brutal 

To be REALLY mean, combined Shadowcaster with Mux to royally screw over any opponent

Or swarm tactics serissu if you just want to infuriate opponents into submission (tact scrambler on Sabine)

New Squadron

(68) Sabine Wren
(13) Maul
(6) Shadow Caster
(3) Fearless
Points 90

(44) Cartel Executioner
(4) R5-P8
Points 48

(36) Torkil Mux
(10) Perceptive Copilot
(12) Moldy Crow
(3) Engine Upgrade
Points 61

Total points: 199

Edited by ficklegreendice

The Lancer is not getting a gunner slot. The whole reason it had a mobile arc to begin with was because the turret is manually controlled by the pilot. What we need is more force upgrades than just supernatural reflexes. 

Honestly though, I'm surprised they even kept her in scum. She should have been kicked out and shipped off to the nonsense prequel factions where she belongs. 

3 hours ago, HolySorcerer said:

Honestly though, I'm surprised they even kept her in scum. She should have been kicked out and shipped off to the nonsense prequel factions where she belongs. 

Assajj never had the Banshee while she was Dooku's apprentice. She was supposed to have acquired the ship after she turned Bounty Hunter, so Assajj in the Lancer devinitely belongs to Scum. 

I'm sure we'll get Assajj in a different ship as part of the Separatists too. 

The Lancer is a dead ship, just like the jumpmaster. Expect a future scum ship to have a similar design, but not be nerfed into unusability. Just like how the $40 scum falcon has replaced the $30 jumpmaster that everyone owns already.

Here's why the Lancer is dead:

1. 2-attack mobile arc (80% of shots from this ship are from the mobile arc)
  2. no ability to reposition (no more engine upgrade)
  3. Latts Razzi crew costs more now
  4. No more glitterstim
  5. only k-turn is the 5K (compare that to the falcon and firespray)

3 hours ago, Dengar5 said:

The Lancer is a dead ship, just like the jumpmaster. Expect a future scum ship to have a similar design, but not be nerfed into unusability. Just like how the $40 scum falcon has replaced the $30 jumpmaster that everyone owns already.

I doubt there s any kind of nefarious plan at work here, but rather FFG's knee-jerk reaction, applied across all factions, of making bad what used to be really good in 1.0. 

5 hours ago, Dengar5 said:

Here's why the Lancer is dead:

1. 2-attack mobile arc (80% of shots from this ship are from the mobile arc)
  2. no ability to reposition (no more engine upgrade)
  3. Latts Razzi crew costs more now
  4. No more glitterstim
  5. only k-turn is the 5K (compare that to the falcon and firespray)

Replace 3 with 'No Push The Limit to benefit from all the blue moves on the dial' and replace 5. with 'Shadowcaster title unfairly nerfed' and you're spot on.

17 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

The fact that it kept that amazing dial but got 0 linked actions - not even arc spins - is a huge point against it. Put Squad Leader on it I guess? Or is that small ship only?

Zuckuss is one of the best ways to leverage the stress clearance.

In version 1.0, the purpose of my fleet was to damage / distract the opponent while Ventress circled around them, inflicting stress and damage.

In version 2.0, 2 attack dice on the turret severly limits that strategy, especially since Ventress often finds herself shooting through rocks on top of it (I used trick shot in V1.0, but can't here).  She seems designed for a more frontal attack, but those 2 shields make that very scary in the early phase where the opponent has a lot of available firepower.

So yeah, I have no idea how to leverage her abilities just yet.