Deadshane

Ignore thread....delete.

8 minutes ago, Yosh6314 said:

So has anyone found a situation where cluster bombs is actually worth taking over ECM?

When your only expected threat is Black die Bombers, Cluster Bombs will save you on Average 3 Damage, either by allowing you to destroy a Bomber 3 Rounds earlier than flak alone would allow, or at least scare them off bombing you for some time.

Given the same threat, ECM does precisely Diddly for you.

QED.

(Because even Philosophers enjoy saying "B*tch, PLEASE.")

I just found out that a small store near me has a stock of Imperial fighter squadrons 2 packs, was thinking of grabbing one since I'm still only playing with the core set stuff. Is it worth getting more than one? Or should I wait for the regular packs?

42 minutes ago, Atromix said:

I just found out that a small store near me has a stock of Imperial fighter squadrons 2 packs, was thinking of grabbing one since I'm still only playing with the core set stuff. Is it worth getting more than one? Or should I wait for the regular packs?

I'd say it's worth it. 4 Decimators can be brutal. 4 Defenders form a nice bomber/fighter mix. I doubt you'd ever really have a need for more than 2 Lambdas though. I haven't used or heard reports on Phantoms, so I can't comment on them.

1 hour ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

I haven't used or heard reports on Phantoms, so I can't comment on them.

Phantoms are slighter tougher, technically faster TIE Intercepters for 3 more points. I like them because there's a slim chance of a hilarious 4 damage anti-ship attack.

1 hour ago, Atromix said:

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Atromix said:

Yes. Other than phantoms, the squads in imp 2 pack are pretty nice. 

2 hours ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

I'd say it's worth it. 4 Decimators can be brutal. 4 Defenders form a nice bomber/fighter mix. I doubt you'd ever really have a need for more than 2 Lambdas though. I haven't used or heard reports on Phantoms, so I can't comment on them.

Phantoms also synergize amazingly well with Sloane

10 hours ago, Deadshane said:

In response to the OP, I want to say I disagree, I think the argument you have presented here comes off hollow and underdeveloped. It would have been nice if you expanded your point of veiw a little bit more because it is possible I simply misunderstood what you are trying to say. But as it reads now I definitely disagree that "." Is a relevant statement.