J1mBob

Online Custom Quick Build Card Maker

For the Chewbacca pre-built quick build page, is there a way to make an image that shows all of the upgrades? I got this one from the page. 

Thanks for all you are doing. Quick build is going to be the best way to get family to play with me. It makes the set-up time so much quicker and the list building so much easier. I will be using these at Christmas for sure and cannot wait to have a deck of these for each faction in professionally printed tarot size. :)

5 hours ago, J1mBob said:

Let me know how it goes! Constructive feedback is welcome!

Only a couple of things: when I exported to PDF the threat levels lost their color? And then I printed black & white, and on some pilot art you couldn’t make out the threat bars at all because it was white on white. Adding an outline to those maybe?

Obviously this is designed to print in color anyways, but if you wanted to support black and white the only other thing would be distinguishing red actions somehow. My friend and I just went through with a red sharpie and it wasn’t a problem.

Thanks so much!

Could I ask what font you use for the titles? I am working on some custom cards for ships not in the game and am trying to match what you have done. 

I printed all of these to use with my brothers over the holidays and can't wait to get them on the table. Any chance we could get the Mining Guild TIE builds in? I plan on getting it soon and would love to have the quick builds printed. 

Thanks!

37 minutes ago, Tervlon said:

Could I ask what font you use for the titles? I am working on some custom cards for ships not in the game and am trying to match what you have done. 

I printed all of these to use with my brothers over the holidays and can't wait to get them on the table. Any chance we could get the Mining Guild TIE builds in? I plan on getting it soon and would love to have the quick builds printed. 

Thanks!

I use the Eurostile font, which you should be able to find pretty easily. Let me know if you have trouble. 

I’m eager to get the Mining Guild TIE’s as well! I use the art made available through links from the official app. So I can’t add ships to my quick build card maker until those ships have been added to the official squad maker. Hopefully, they’re added this week upon release in the US...

35 minutes ago, J1mBob said:

I use the Eurostile font, which you should be able to find pretty easily. Let me know if you have trouble. 

I’m eager to get the Mining Guild TIE’s as well! I use the art made available through links from the official app. So I can’t add ships to my quick build card maker until those ships have been added to the official squad maker. Hopefully, they’re added this week upon release in the US...

That makes sense! I was wondering where you were getting the art. That makes a ton of sense. Yeah, should be available Thursday or Friday then. 

Thank you for the font help, too! 

On 11/28/2018 at 12:17 AM, Tervlon said:

For the Chewbacca pre-built quick build page, is there a way to make an image that shows all of the upgrades? I got this one from the page. 

Thanks for all you are doing. Quick build is going to be the best way to get family to play with me. It makes the set-up time so much quicker and the list building so much easier. I will be using these at Christmas for sure and cannot wait to have a deck of these for each faction in professionally printed tarot size. :)

I took some time to fiddle with the format until I could get the Chewbacca card to look respectable.  I'm pasting it here at 200% size to try to preserve some quality to the image. Reduce it to 50% size when printing.

Chewbacca.PNG

On 11/28/2018 at 3:40 AM, SpiderMana said:

Only a couple of things: when I exported to PDF the threat levels lost their color? And then I printed black & white, and on some pilot art you couldn’t make out the threat bars at all because it was white on white. Adding an outline to those maybe?

Obviously this is designed to print in color anyways, but if you wanted to support black and white the only other thing would be distinguishing red actions somehow. My friend and I just went through with a red sharpie and it wasn’t a problem.

Thanks so much!

I think I may have figured out what happened with the threat levels losing their color when you exported to PDF. Could you check and see whether you had the "Print background" turned on in the print settings?

@J1mBob I was perusing Make Playing Cards and saw another size option, Large Size Cards. The Tarot are not going to give you a ton of room, but the Large Size will. 

Dimensions: 89mm x 146mm, 3.5" x 5.75"

That size would allow a ton more real estate for all the upgrades and to be able to see the ship image. 

Wave 2 added! Also, I've updated the custom quick build generator to enable up to 8 custom quick builds to be made at a time, with formatting options for each card to optimize the look.  Just paste your entire squad's XWS, hit the "Submit" button, and use the on-screen controls to adjust the formatting. When you're happy with how it looks, use your browser's print function. Only the cards will print, and you'll get 3 cards per standard page.

http://infinitearenas.com/xw2quick/#

Please note that the "fat build" layout is now an option in this tool and the previous separate xw2fat site will be deprecated.

And here's an First Order sample, mainly because I really like the Zeta Squadron Survivor card art:

ZetaSquadronSurvivor.PNG

@Tervlon, just wanted to let you know the Wave 2 cards are ready, hopefully in time for your holiday fun with your brothers!

Edit: One more thing I wanted to mention. The RZ2 A-wing and the Scavenged YT-1300 are currently using older ship silhouettes on these quick build cards until some awesome font editors have a chance to add them to geordanr's X-wing font on Github...

Edited by J1mBob

Wow, these are some epic updates! Great job! I really appreciate all the options you have given us for the aesthetics of the card, very cool. The transparency is great! The updated threat values look perfect. Building out up to 8 ships is really nice, too. The option to build out the regular points is a cool feature I can see using a lot for an epic sized game so I don't have to pull out all the cards but still want to track points. 

Really beautiful tool you have here.

22 minutes ago, Tervlon said:

I tested the Mining TIEs and seems like they are not working, all I get is the image. There is no template for the card text or the stats, maybe the image is coming into the top layer? The fang fighters seem to have the same thing happening. 

See example here: http://imgur.com/gallery/S186OJT

Try it again. I was refactoring code (to make changing card sizes to... say... 3.5x5.75... easier!) and missed a bug.

Edit: PSA... please post your XWS when you find a bug. It makes finding them a lot easier!

Edited by J1mBob

BTW, most of the Minig Guild TIEs are illegal builds in YASB so I can't use the custom builder to recreate them. Not a big deal, but they are a good candidate to be updated in the predefined QBSB side of the site. Not that I'm not generating custom versions anyway... :)

I was doing the standard quick builds that are legal in YASB and got another error. This time with Seevor, image displaying but not template overlay or text. 

Code here:

{"description":"","faction":"scumandvillainy","name":"Unnamed Squadron","pilots":[{"id":"miningguildsentry","name":"miningguildsentry","points":24,"ship":"modifiedtielnfighter"},{"id":"overseeryushyn","name":"overseeryushyn","points":26,"ship":"modifiedtielnfighter"},{"id":"captainseevor","name":"captainseevor","points":42,"ship":"modifiedtielnfighter","upgrades":{"talent":["outmaneuver"],"modification":["shieldupgrade"]}}],"points":92,"vendor":{"yasb":{"builder":"Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0","builder_url":"https://raithos.github.io/","link":"https://raithos.github.io/?f=Scum%20and%20Villainy&d=v5!s!304:-1:;303:-1:;247:126,165:&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron&obs="}},"version":"2.0.0"}

2 hours ago, Tervlon said:

I was doing the standard quick builds that are legal in YASB and got another error. This time with Seevor, image displaying but not template overlay or text. 

Code here:

{"description":"","faction":"scumandvillainy","name":"Unnamed Squadron","pilots":[{"id":"miningguildsentry","name":"miningguildsentry","points":24,"ship":"modifiedtielnfighter"},{"id":"overseeryushyn","name":"overseeryushyn","points":26,"ship":"modifiedtielnfighter"},{"id":"captainseevor","name":"captainseevor","points":42,"ship":"modifiedtielnfighter","upgrades":{"talent":["outmaneuver"],"modification":["shieldupgrade"]}}],"points":92,"vendor":{"yasb":{"builder":"Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0","builder_url":"https://raithos.github.io/","link":"https://raithos.github.io/?f=Scum%20and%20Villainy&d=v5!s!304:-1:;303:-1:;247:126,165:&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron&obs="}},"version":"2.0.0"}

I'm having a hard time duplicating your error. I think I fixed the bug (shield upgrade on a ship without shields) late last night... can you try refreshing your browser? On PC, Ctrl-F5 on the site will force the browser to reload the associated JavaScript files that do the heavy lifting. Sometimes you'll need to go to your browser settings and clear your cache.  But once you've gotten your browser to reload the scripts instead of using cached versions, it should work... Please let me know!

Yup, with a refresh it worked. It was odd because the other Mining TIEs generated fine but that one didn't. 

Is there anything I can do to help with the project? This is really something useful.

4 hours ago, Tervlon said:

Yup, with a refresh it worked. It was odd because the other Mining TIEs generated fine but that one didn't. 

Is there anything I can do to help with the project? This is really something useful.

That's kind of you. I'll PM you.

7 minutes ago, Quack Shot said:

Want to print off a bunch of them for a local tourney prize out, but when I do the tarrot size it still looks like some is gonna get cut off on MakePlayingCards.com, any ideas on what card size I should pick?

Making the cards with bleed edge is on my todos list. If you have a screen cap of what MakePlayingCards is cutting off, that would help. I’m not likely to get to this until after Christmas. When is your local tourney?

Guys do you know if there is any other website / squad builder that allows to define your own collection and then based on that randomly generate quick build cards from existing collection? Also other option is to just use predefined quick build cards from FFG and just randomly generate the squads? It would be nice to be able to setup desired threat level and then the app would just fill the squad until such level is reached.

5 hours ago, teholbedict said:

Guys do you know if there is any other website / squad builder that allows to define your own collection and then based on that randomly generate quick build cards from existing collection? Also other option is to just use predefined quick build cards from FFG and just randomly generate the squads? It would be nice to be able to setup desired threat level and then the app would just fill the squad until such level is reached.

I replied in the separate thread you started...

Does that meet your needs? If there’s more you’re hoping for, feel free to further describe it and I’ll see what I can do.