J1mBob

Online Custom Quick Build Card Maker

2 hours ago, Crit Happens said:

I planned on it, but couldn't find a card size to match ?

I plan to add an option to trim the image down to a standard size... does MakePlayingCards.com accept tarot sized cards?

4 hours ago, Autosketch said:

this is great! I'm finding all the fonts in mine however are bolded when I use the generator, is there any way to stop this?

Hmmm... help me narrow this down... which browser are you using? And are you using infinitearenas.com/xw2quick or infinitearenas.com/xw2fat? And all the font text, say, in the upgrade boxes is getting bolded?  I'm guessing I have a </strong> missing somewhere...  A screen cap might help...

2 hours ago, J1mBob said:

Hmmm... help me narrow this down... which browser are you using? And are you using infinitearenas.com/xw2quick or infinitearenas.com/xw2fat? And all the font text, say, in the upgrade boxes is getting bolded?  I'm guessing I have a </strong> missing somewhere...  A screen cap might help...

seems this way on both chrome and safari, on mac.

DVQQtty.jpg

the small text seems fine, but all the icons are out of position, and the action icons and the ship stats are all bolded
Out of curiosity, is there an easy way for us to be able to tinker with the size or colour of the blue border? I'd love to be able to make it darker.

Awesome work! Thanks!

On 11/3/2018 at 8:49 PM, Autosketch said:

DVQQtty.jpg

the small text seems fine, but all the icons are out of position, and the action icons and the ship stats are all bolded
Out of curiosity, is there an easy way for us to be able to tinker with the size or colour of the blue border? I'd love to be able to make it darker.

Awesome work! Thanks!

I need to clean up some of my code because different platforms seem to interpret my CSS rules slightly differently. 

But there is a relatively easy way for end users to tinker with most of the graphical elements of these cards. Most everything is done using CSS, and normal desktop versions of browsers have “developer tools” built in. In Chrome, open the menu in the top-right corner of your browser, and select Tools/Developer Tools. I won’t give a full tutorial here, but with a little bit of clicking and exploring you should be able to alter colors, border thickness, or even make up for my errors by un-bolding the ship stats!

On 11/14/2018 at 2:13 PM, Quack Shot said:

Is there anyway to make "illegal" quickbuilds. Like I want the Chewbacca quickbuild from FFG, but its got slots the falcon doesn't have an such. 

There are two ways for you to do this:

1) Edit the XWS by hand to reflect the illegal build. I use a parser that doesn’t validate the correctness of the build, so you can just give this quick build card maker an “illegal” build and it’ll happily crank it out for you. The XWS is somewhat intuitive. You can guess the id of most cards by using all lower case and removing all spaces. Or you can visit xwing-data2 on Github for more info on the id’s. 

2) Wait for me to finish my current work in progress.... I’m adding the option to make quick build cards for FFG’s official quick builds. 

Edit: #2 is complete! Check it out here: http://infinitearenas.com/qbsb/#

Edited by J1mBob

12 minutes ago, J1mBob said:

There are two ways for you to do this:

1) Edit the XWS by hand to reflect the illegal build. I use a parser that doesn’t validate the correctness of the build, so you can just give this quick build card maker an “illegal” build and it’ll happily crank it out for you. The XWS is somewhat intuitive. You can guess the id of most cards by using all lower case and removing all spaces. Or you can visit xwing-data2 on Github for more info on the id’s. 

2) Wait for me to finish my current work in progress.... I’m adding the option to make quick build cards for FFG’s official quick builds. 

Awesome! Thanks!

Just for fun, here’s the default version of the super-fat Chewbacca build. As you can see, it needs some formatting tweaks!

Fat_Chewy.PNG

Edit: Go to pg 4 of this thread for a respectable version of Chewbacca.

Edited by J1mBob

I created a small parser that can extract the quick builds from the PDF, you can find it here:

https://github.com/therealppa/xwing-quickbuild-xws

The extracted files can also be downloaded there and, for the most part, can be used with the import function of YASB2.

Unfortunately, right now it looks like the files don't work with your card generator. Maybe you have an idea what the reason for that is?

Edited by demo6

48 minutes ago, demo6 said:

I created a small parser that can extract the quick builds from the PDF, you can find it here:

https://github.com/therealppa/xwing-quickbuild-xws

The extracted files can also be downloaded there and, for the most part, can be used with the import function of YASB2.

Unfortunately, right now it looks like the file don't work with your card generator. Maybe you have an idea what the reason for that is?

Very cool! I'm going to edit a few things on my XWS input filter that might help.

I've modified my input filters for infinitearenas.com/xw2quick and infinitearenas.com/xw2fat (xw2fat is being deprecated). Now you should be able to paste XWS with newline characters without any problems!

Edit: I'll be adding the ability to make a full squad of custom quick build cards very soon, based on some code re-work I've recently completed for doing FFG official quick builds.

Edit: Full squad now works!

Edited by J1mBob

On 11/14/2018 at 2:13 PM, Quack Shot said:

Is there anyway to make "illegal" quickbuilds. Like I want the Chewbacca quickbuild from FFG, but its got slots the falcon doesn't have an such. 

I know you already found the other thread @Quack Shot , but for anyone following this thread who is wondering if this problem has a solution, I built a squad builder for the FFG official quick-builds. I've got a separate thread about it here:

On 11/3/2018 at 8:49 PM, Autosketch said:

DVQQtty.jpg

Awesome work! Thanks!

I've been trying to debug some issues that seem to crop up on Macs. Unfortunately, I do not have access to a Mac.  I've made some changes in infinitearenas.com/xw2quick (but not xw2fat yet) and I'm wondering if a Mac user could test it and see if any of the issues Autosketch had on his Mac have been resolved. Namely, whether the symbols in the ship stats box are no longer fuzzy/bolded (I think it's a font smooting/anti-aliasing issue) and whether the action icons are better centered. Thanks!

This is an awesome tool. I downloaded all the images from the pre-built generator and noticed a few issues. 

1. IG-D's segnor loops are not being generated as the segnors loop icon.

2. The ship action for the Space Tug has a typo, "you <bullseye arc>" instead of "your". 

I would love to see these generate as Tarot size cards with a bleed edge so I could get them professionally printed.

17 hours ago, J1mBob said:

I've been trying to debug some issues that seem to crop up on Macs. Unfortunately, I do not have access to a Mac.  I've made some changes in infinitearenas.com/xw2quick (but not xw2fat yet) and I'm wondering if a Mac user could test it and see if any of the issues Autosketch had on his Mac have been resolved. Namely, whether the symbols in the ship stats box are no longer fuzzy/bolded (I think it's a font smooting/anti-aliasing issue) and whether the action icons are better centered. Thanks!

the fonts are definitely fixed! The centring is possibly a bit off. this is what it looks like:

2epvj0x.jpg

On 11/26/2018 at 8:32 AM, Tervlon said:

This is an awesome tool. I downloaded all the images from the pre-built generator and noticed a few issues. 

1. IG-D's segnor loops are not being generated as the segnors loop icon.

2. The ship action for the Space Tug has a typo, "you <bullseye arc>" instead of "your". 

I would love to see these generate as Tarot size cards with a bleed edge so I could get them professionally printed.

Thanks for reporting these bugs. I've fixed #1 and #2. The Tarot and bleed edge are on my wish/todo list...