Sign in to follow this  
Ranker

What should I keep from V1

I've got a few spare hours tomorrow to clean up the hobby area a bit and make some space for some new toys coming in.  As the V2 kits won't be delivered until Monday, I'd not like to waste the precious free time I'll have this weekend.  

What should I keep and what should I toss from V1?

Essentially just the models, some of the bases and pegs (and TFA core Wave 5 Obstacles if you have them) Everything else can be tossed.

If you kept any of the Mission Tokens from the other large ship/Aces kits you can keep those as they aren't really core but just good fun. I don't really see anything that is keeping 2.0 from playing 1.0 missions with everything.

As others have mentioned: dice, obstacles, bombs and mines tokens, rigged cargo chute, shields which can have 1 side coloured red, and I will add: -

Keep some sets of Target Locks and the little tombstone numbers. You only get numbers 1-6 in the new core and you might prefer to use other numbers, particularly if you fly 8 Z95s!

And I've found that I prefer to use the old target locks.

If you are playing standard tournament format (200 pts) I would keep a few of the focus and evade tokens. For green tokens, the conversion kits only come with the calculate tokens, no focus or evade. I would keep all of them so each ship in your collection has access to them but when playing 200 pts. you would only need <10 depending on what you’re bringing

In my opinion, the only things you really *don't* need are the base placards, pilot cards, upgrade cards and damage deck. Just about everything else from 1.0 you can use. I'm still using my 1.0 acrylic move templates, although I'm using the new speed 1 and 2 for barrel rolls and decloaks.

After packing up all my 1.0 stuff, I had to go back and get some stuff to cover what the conversion and core kits don't have.

Munitions tokens, to proxy for charges. Running bombers with barrage rockets and proton bombs takes a lot of charge tokens.

Shield tokens. The core set only has 4, and the conversion kits doesn't have any.

Target locks and ID number tokens. I don't like the new ID token/TL combo, and have gone back to the old tokens.

Others have mentioned, there are no mine/bomb tokens in the core/conversion kits. 

12 hours ago, Gilarius said:

As others have mentioned: dice, obstacles, bombs and mines tokens, rigged cargo chute, shields which can have 1 side coloured red, and I will add: -

Keep some sets of Target Locks and the little tombstone numbers. You only get numbers 1-6 in the new core and you might prefer to use other numbers, particularly if you fly 8 Z95s!

And I've found that I prefer to use the old target locks.

All you need. . .

21 hours ago, Ranker said:

I've got a few spare hours tomorrow to clean up the hobby area a bit and make some space for some new toys coming in.  As the V2 kits won't be delivered until Monday, I'd not like to waste the precious free time I'll have this weekend.  

What should I keep and what should I toss from V1?

Keep the plastic, toss the cards and cardboard. Nuff said. Oh, and maybe keep your obstacles too.

Edited by DXCrazytrain

21 hours ago, Stoneface said:

Unless you are really hurting for space, keep it all. You may have friends that upgrade slower than you to 2e. Or maybe not at all. Don't be in a headlong rush to rid yourself of 1e.

This is where I'm at. I played 1st the other day because a guy just got his 2e stuff. I have the space though. I took some time to organize things in such a way that my foam trays have both versions in them. I won't be able to do that for everything but was easy enough for the stuff I fly most regularly. 

I'm also a bit of a pack rat and have The space.

The new maneuver templates go both ways.

As noted you need:

Your ships and their stands.

Your bombs and mine tokens and your dropped cargo token. (The new Scum Falcon has one.)

Dice. The dice have not changed.

Director Krennic condition token from Reaper. 

That is the stuff the conversions expect you to have.

The obstacles in the second core set are asteroids from the red 1st core set and the debris from the Decimator. I do not know the rules regarding old obstacles in the new version. It seems reasonable to keep the old at least for variety in casual play.

Also as noted the conversions do not have the new shield tokens showing a blue active side and a red not active side. You get four in the core and five in the new Scum Falcon. The new single ship expansions have some as well.

The new target lock and numbering system is going to take some getting used to. I would be keeping old target locks even were I divesting myself of first edition. I'm not sure what the best solution is going to be there but I am inclined to think an aftermarket solution might be in the future. It is better and worse at the same time.

I have two cores and one of each conversion and Scum Falcon and have enough of the new tokens but it seems like they went a bit over on charges and a little easy on the shields.