voltagejim

Will they re-release all the ships for 2.0?

The only sets I have not bought yet are:

Ghost

Rebel Aces

Tantive IV

Imperial Raider

Rebel Transport

C-ROC

Saw's Heroes

TIE Reaper

Resistance Bomber

Heroes of the Resistance

Lando's Falcon

Are they planning on re-releasing all the expansions as 2.0?  Should I just hold off until these come out as 2.0 versions?

17 minutes ago, voltagejim said:

so no aces packs will be re-released?  I should go ahead and grab the rebel aces while I still can?

If you want the B-wing and A-wing in those colors then yeah. I think they have stated they won't remake the ships from the Aces packs.

Dang Ninja'd.

Anyway Saw's Renegades has 2.0 content in it so its a great buy and recently released. Also Lando Falcon just released for 2.0 so...yeah that won't get a remake since it was made for 2.0 already. Heroes of Resistance is weird, I think they will release Poe's X-wing with the moveable S-foils and the acceleration pod on the back, I would LOVE that model.

Epic ships...I have no idea honestly 

if you want the paint scheme(s) that come in Rebel Aces and Heroes of the Resistance, you should pick those up, as there is no guarantee that those paint schemes will be re-released. That would also go for the x-wing in the Rebel Transport, the Tie Advanced in the Raider and the M-3A in the C-ROC.

There is no announced timeline on the re-release of any Epic ships. All we really know is that FFG says they are working on it.

The Ghost has cards in the conversion kit, so it's a safe bet that it will get re-released. Similarly, the Resistance Bomber and Resistance Falcon both have cards in the Resistance conversion kit.

Saw's Renegades and the TIE Reaper have 2.0 stuff, so I doubt those will get a re-release as much as a repackaging to include only the 2.0 components.

And just for the sake of completeness, Lando's Falcon is a full 2.0 release Wave 1 (I figure you weren't asking about a re-release of this one, but I didn't want to leave it off the list). :)

49 minutes ago, Myth Child said:

I believe I recall FFG saying that those ships with the aces paintjobs would not necessarily be re-released. 

Well the Aces were not really new ships, just new pilots, a new paint job and some upgrades to go with them. But again all the 2.0 ships are supposed to be a different model and paint job so it isn't exactly like they need an alternative paint scheme because 2.0 is going to have it's own paint scheme.

1 hour ago, voltagejim said:

The only sets I have not bought yet are:

Ghost

Rebel Aces

Saw's Heroes

TIE Reaper

Resistance Bomber

Heroes of the Resistance

You might be able to skip the Ghost, since the mobile arc doesn't work with the ship's stand at present and I suspect they might try to have it where you could remove the Phantom from the Ghost model for its rerelease in 2.0. Rebel Aces, get it if you want those paint jobs since the 1.0 aces paint schemes might not show up down the line. Saw's Heroes and the Tie Reaper have 2.0 content, though let it be noted that their content is a bit incorrect using an faction symbols instead of the blurbs on the upgrades and the T-65 X-Wing in the Saw pack has issues staying opening and fully closing which requires a little work to correct involving an extacoblade. The Heroes of the Resistance pack would mostly be for Poe's X-Wing since we will likely get a Resistance Falcon at somepoint relatively soon, it isn't like the ST era factions have tons of ships to work to get through them all like the OT ones do. 

38 minutes ago, KiraYamatoSF said:

Heroes of Resistance is weird, I think they will release Poe's X-wing with the moveable S-foils and the acceleration pod on the back, I would LOVE that model.

I actually wonder about that, mostly just based off the fact that Poe and the Black One title are being released in the T-70 pack. Sort of wish they would have done what it looks like what they will do for the PT factions and release a 2.0 ST era core set. That way if you get the OT era one you get Luke's Red Five X-Wing, if you get the PT era one you get Anakin's yellow Delta-7, and if you get the ST era one you get Poe's Black One T-70 X-wing. 

1 hour ago, Animewarsdude said:

You might be able to skip the Ghost, since the mobile arc doesn't work with the ship's stand at present and I suspect they might try to have it where you could remove the Phantom from the Ghost model for its rerelease in 2.0. Rebel Aces, get it if you want those paint jobs since the 1.0 aces paint schemes might not show up down the line. Saw's Heroes and the Tie Reaper have 2.0 content, though let it be noted that their content is a bit incorrect using an faction symbols instead of the blurbs on the upgrades and the T-65 X-Wing in the Saw pack has issues staying opening and fully closing which requires a little work to correct involving an extacoblade. The Heroes of the Resistance pack would mostly be for Poe's X-Wing since we will likely get a Resistance Falcon at somepoint relatively soon, it isn't like the ST era factions have tons of ships to work to get through them all like the OT ones do. 

I actually wonder about that, mostly just based off the fact that Poe and the Black One title are being released in the T-70 pack. Sort of wish they would have done what it looks like what they will do for the PT factions and release a 2.0 ST era core set. That way if you get the OT era one you get Luke's Red Five X-Wing, if you get the PT era one you get Anakin's yellow Delta-7, and if you get the ST era one you get Poe's Black One T-70 X-wing. 

Yeah but then we would have people complaining about multiple core sets, not that I would mind if it meant we could get some cool paint schemes. If they don't rerelease Black One with the changes I might try to get one of the blue ones painted up.

1 hour ago, KiraYamatoSF said:

Yeah but then we would have people complaining about multiple core sets, not that I would mind if it meant we could get some cool paint schemes. If they don't rerelease Black One with the changes I might try to get one of the blue ones painted up.

On the other hand we will have 7 factions soon. Someone interested in e. g. only First Order or only Republic has no use whatsoever for 2 TIE l/n and 1 T65 plus all their cardboard. 

Same for people only willing to play in a certain era. You know, this game is not happily-faction-switching-timeline-ignoring-tourneycomepition-folks only. 

Will all of the ships from the game’s first edition be re-released in X-Wing Second Edition?

With the exception of the plastic ships in the Aces expansions, the ships brought into second edition via conversion kits will eventually be re-released as ship expansion packs in X-Wing Second Edition.

will eventually be re-released

I think it's not possible to re-release 6 years of release AND new stuff ... Wave of 10 or 12 ships -> Everybody would scream about its wallet and stop the game

As there is very few pilots in conversion kits for them, I think we'll see new A-wing, B-wing and Interceptor soon, for the other ... Wait & See ...

Saw's and Reaper will be rereleased, and sooner than you think, I wouldn't recommend getting those now, especially Saw's because of the insulting quality of the X-wing model that hopefully will be improved.

You can even see new boxes for those expansions in the official app.

5 hours ago, Managarmr said:

On the other hand we will have 7 factions soon. Someone interested in e. g. only First Order or only Republic has no use whatsoever for 2 TIE l/n and 1 T65 plus all their cardboard. 

Same for people only willing to play in a certain era. You know, this game is not happily-faction-switching-timeline-ignoring-tourneycomepition-folks only. 

Well, I'm hoping that since the Star Wars showed off a Delta 7 painted up as Anakin's from the Clone Wars that means that the PT faction will at least get a new core set. 

10 hours ago, Marinealver said:

Well the Aces were not really new ships, just new pilots, a new paint job and some upgrades to go with them. But again all the 2.0 ships are supposed to be a different model and paint job so it isn't exactly like they need an alternative paint scheme because 2.0 is going to have it's own paint scheme.

No.... 

Tie fighter, tie advanced, furespray are the same model.

The ties have the same paint as those form the gozanti, and I think the advanced has no paint change? 

So not necessarily new paint and models.

1 hour ago, Icelom said:

No.... 

The ties have the same paint as those form the gozanti, and I think the advanced has no paint change? 

The Tie Advanced has its paint scheme from the Raider, likely to maintain an ESB blue color scheme for their Tie craft.

1 hour ago, Icelom said:

No.... 

4 minutes ago, Animewarsdude said:

The Tie Advanced has its paint scheme from the Raider, likely to maintain an ESB blue color scheme for their Tie craft.

Technically, the blue they use on new models is slightly different than the blue they used on the old models, so the Gozanti TIEs and the Raider Advanced are different colors than the new ones. 

Just slightly, but it is noticeable

8 minutes ago, Kieransi said:

Technically, the blue they use on new models is slightly different than the blue they used on the old models, so the Gozanti TIEs and the Raider Advanced are different colors than the new ones. 

Just slightly, but it is noticeable

I think that is more a batch issue than an overall change. I have a few Tie Bombers from 1.0 that are different shades of blue to an extent, some darker some lighter. 

But seriously, yes, they're all getting reprint in second. Some differences will exist between most likely all the models which is actually a good thing, so that us old guard have some cool retro paint to show off and creates a secondary market for ships to be sold from old collections. But also so they can ease up the generative content table for a bit and expand on each ship that had already been converted if they want to change up meta development. For instance the U-wing could have an alternate configuration card. The Zed can get a bunch more named pilots. Almost assuredly though the reprint versions will carry better models and more content than the v1 stuff. So be patient and rewards will follow.

On 9/29/2018 at 5:03 AM, Managarmr said:

You know, this game is not happily-faction-switching-timeline-ignoring-tourneycomepition-folks only. 

Not that I disagree with your overall point, but some casuals enjoy having options, too.

I just had a bit of an odd shock today.

I was at my local Barnes and Noble and decided to look at the X-Wing stuff while there since I had heard about some good deals (long story short, mine didn't really have any). What really hit me though was how many ships are really out there. It never really occurred to me before because I was more of a casual collector than a player, but after starting to play all of those options suddenly gained relevance to me.

Unfortunately, that's also made me feel like I'm in a bit of a paradox. There are definitely places where I have the room to pick up old First Edition ships and still have a Conversion Kit cover them, but it's not the only thing to consider. I'm finding a lot of situations where buying an old ship just isn't worth it for me (because of known model changes, the price not being anything special, having to decide what I even want, etc.).

It's suddenly made me extremely impatient to see things re-released in Second Edition. Seeing that shelf was like having all the knowledge of where the game is going to end up, but only as a vision back when I started collecting and knowing I have to get to that point the slow way. I know the new edition only just launched, but this wasn't something I expected to experience and it seems to have caught me by surprise. :P

In other words, I expect everything will be re-released (a lot of things would be problematic if they didn't), but we don't have any sort of idea of a schedule for that yet, and I can't wait until we do.

Edited by Jokubas

it will be a long schedule as, as you pointed out, there are a lot of ships out there in 1.0.

if you own a conversion kit already, you will have a good idea of what ships are interesting.

also factor in the 2 new factions that will be released, which will slow rereleases down too.

I think most rereleases will be the same as 1.0 models for 2 reasons. Cost to make a 2.0 version and too much on their plate at the moment.

One FLGS has 2.0 ships at $25 ea and 1.0 stuff at $20 ea. They are $5 higher in general that larger FLGS in the area.

It comes down to how long are you willing to wait for 2.0 ships against a large initial outlay of money on 1.0 ships and conv. kits.

1 hour ago, robert t said:

One FLGS has 2.0 ships at $25 ea and 1.0 stuff at $20 ea. They are $5 higher in general that larger FLGS in the area.

That's shady. Don't shop there. Our FLGS is sitting first eds on the half off rack as the second ed version comes in. 

Almost as bad as one LGS (f excluded intentionally). They're putting their launch promos behind a $50 price barrier and didn't even run the event. The store that shall not be named has a terrible local reputation for a reason ?