Duciris

4th Cycle - The Circle Undone

7 hours ago, Jobu said:

Charlie is all about the money in Eldritch Horror.  In Arkham Horror he is all about the allies.  In Elder Sign, he is an investigator that works better with other investigators.  I don't know which direction they will go with him, but allies seem most likely since allies are a big part of this game and there aren't many other "ally" themed investigators.  Preston is more likely the other money character. 

The fact that Charlie is a politician tells me he may end up in rogue.  This does not mean he can't take survivor cards.  There is yet to be a Rogue investigator who has a Survivor off class.  It could very well be Charlie Kane

Finally!
Now I was hoping for Innsmouth, I really was. Or a cycle that involves the criminal world of Arkham. But this has great potential too. After the madness of "Forgotten Age" I think its smart to bring it back to Arkham and make it a little more grounded. I like the Silver Twilight Lodge, they're a shady bunch. 
I have never cared much for Diana Stanley, I feel her whole backstory is one of the more uninspired ones in the mythos. But she fits in the cycle for sure. 
From a gameplay perspective she seems more interesting. I have a feeling some nice cancellation cards will se the light of day in this cycle, which could make her quite fun to play. 

Wow ... this is really unwaiting. my list of probabily was Cthulhu, dreamlands, and in third position a minor ancient one, glaaki or cthugga.

And ... these last ones could be after all ^^ Glaaki is the inhabitant of tha lake, with not a lot of lore, so the cycle could be principally in Arkham but pass to Severn in England. He had some undead servants, so this is a possibility, these undead are feared of the sun, and glaaki has some witch at his cult.  For Cthugga, same thing, but have some fire vampire who can animates peoples, and the specter of one of the treachery is like blue fire thing, moreover, the mention of the witch house in the annoucement can let us think we would see an avatar of nyarlathothep, the black men, and cthugga is told to can confront nyarlathothep ... 

Another theory is Tsathoggua, the black toad. Because, box si black, and there is a mound, with specter of aztecs people on it, specter who are servant of a subterannean city technologically advanced, named after the ancient one, Tsath. This city is the house of the sin, and is in a place we already visit in this cycle : Kn'yan. Moreover, some theory say we would have Norman Wither like a Seeker here. And his normal starting cards are the book of Eibon. This book, is about the ancient land of hyperborea who can be joined by N'Kai who is just below Tsath. This land and cavern can be considered to be linked with the toad-god. So all of this can be right ... None the inhabitant of Tsath are dead of course. There are immortal, with dead and spectral servants ... 

Another is simply Nyarlathothep, but I want him to be in another type of products, deluxe with three scenari about a mask of nyarlathothep, and all these ones to be a gigantic campaign of hunt of the nyarlathothep avatar's so don't want him now. If he come, that would made us travel form the witch house of arkham with the black man avatar to the england with the haunter in the dark before going in egypt for confront Nephren-ka ( this one and the haunter are linked )

Azathoth ?? Why not but for me he is the final boss of the all-game so don't want him now ... 

16 hours ago, Turtlefan2082 said:

The fact that Charlie is a politician tells me he may end up in rogue.  This does not mean he can't take survivor cards.  There is yet to be a Rogue investigator who has a Survivor off class.  It could very well be Charlie Kane

He’s actually proven to be ally-centric.  He uses allies to boost his own stats and/or gives items/allies to other investigator.

22 hours ago, C2K said:

Its unlikely because Diana and MArie share the Mystic class.  But there is always a small % chance since we don't know the rest of the investigators.

You're right...but there are so many unreleased investigators that I think they could spend the next five cycles having a 'bonus' sixth investigator who is significantly different from the one of the same class that is in that same set.

There are 55 investigators in Arkham Universe, we have 21 released for all. There are 34 left, with is not divisible by 5. My guess is that will be 4 more deluxe exp. with 6 investigators, probably the sixth being neutral.

My guess: Guardian- Tommy with police cards( get more this cycle) and survivor l. 0-2 or 5 level  0 survivor/rogue , Becky card( maybe in play at beggining).

Seeker- Norman- with normal cards and restrictions know.

Rogue- Tony-police cards and /or seeker 0-2 or 5 seeker/ guardian 0.

Mystic 0-3- Diana-5 lv.  0 Suvivor/ Rogue, cancel cards, rituals.

Survivor- Rita- move cards.

Neutral- Charlie- allies.

Edited by Veve7

5 hours ago, rsdockery said:

Source?

Sorry if you thought I'd seen his AHLCG card, I meant in other Arkham Files games.

Arkham Horror 2.0

• Unique Ability: Connections - Any Phase: Charlie may gain Allies that have been returned to the box.
    • (In 2.0, as the Terror track advances, potential allies are removed from the game.  This ability allows him to acquire them regardless.)
  • Settle Down! - Any Phase: Charlie may pay 2 Clue tokens to prevent the terror level from increasing by 1. He may do this as often as he likes.

Elder Sign

• Charlie's item and ally cards can also be used as trophies with a value of 2.
  • Charlie may allow other investigators to spend his trophies (including his item an ally cards).

Eldritch Horror

• Action: Another investigator of your choice may immediately perform 1 additional action.
  • When you perform an Acquire Assets action, you may allow other investigators to gain any cards you purchase.

Mansions of Madness 2.0

• While you are within range of a Person, you man convert an INVESTIGATION SYMBOL to a SUCCESS SYMBOL.  Activate this ability only once per test.
    • (Persons are NPC allies.)

His other stats are all over the place.

• AH      6 Health : 4 Sanity ; Speed 0-3, Sneak 1-4, Fight 2-5, Will 1-4, Lore 1-4, Luck 1-4
  • ES       4 Health : 6 Sanity
  • EH      6 Health : 4 Sanity ; Strength 2, Agility 2, Observation 3, Lore 2, Influence 4, Will 2
  • MoM  5 Health : 9 Sanity ; Strength 3, Agility 2, Observation 4, Lore 3, Influence 5, Will 4

I'm disappointed that there is still no Marie. Didn't know about the book until after they stopped including her card but I still gladly bought the book. Keep hoping with every new cycle we will finally get her.

Despite that, I really like what I see. Looking forward to seeing the scenario where we use game investigators.

Also, I guess we will have one 3 cost, 1 exp.  ,, put for free if is in your starting hand"  card per class: Guardian +1 Combat, Seeker + 1 Intellect, +1 Will in Mystic,+1 health/ +1 sanity in Survivor. Will have different levels of power- Mystic and Survivor  ones will be very weak, but also boring cards, that encourage luck rather than strategy until we see more cards that can make guaranteed to have them in starting hand.

Edited by Veve7

17 hours ago, TechnoGolem said:

I'm disappointed that there is still no Marie. Didn't know about the book until after they stopped including her card but I still gladly bought the book. Keep hoping with every new cycle we will finally get her.

Despite that, I really like what I see. Looking forward to seeing the scenario where we use game investigators.

Same.  I didn't realize the book had a promo for the game (Marie), I only knew about the playmat (Azathoth) and 4 postcard images.

nah09_preorder_fan.png

AH:LCG soft launched at Arkham Nights 2016 (Oct. 14-15, 2016) & fully launched on Nov. 10 (and it quickly sold out).  In order to get the promo character, you needed to pre-order the book by Nov. 14, 2016, which latter released on Feb. 9, 2017.

I wasn't able to get the game until the window closed, didn't know Daisy Walker (my favorite investigator after playing her in LCG), and now love all of the art that came as promotional.  Too bad.

On 10/13/2018 at 2:18 PM, Veve7 said:

There are 55 investigators in Arkham Universe, we have 21 released for all. There are 34 left, with is not divisible by 5. My guess is that will be 4 more deluxe exp. with 6 investigators, probably the sixth being neutral.

My guess: Guardian- Tommy with police cards( get more this cycle) and survivor l. 0-2 or 5 level  0 survivor/rogue , Becky card( maybe in play at beggining).

Seeker- Norman- with normal cards and restrictions know.

Rogue- Tony-police cards and /or seeker 0-2 or 5 seeker/ guardian 0.

Mystic 0-3- Diana-5 lv.  0 Suvivor/ Rogue, cancel cards, rituals.

Survivor- Rita- move cards.

Neutral- Charlie- allies.

They will likely introduce new investigators. At least 1 more. Possibly more. They have enough right now to last 5 years or so. Enough time to trickle in even 6 extra investigators.

And we could get more as they release. 

There were 48 from Arkham Horror 2e.  Agatha Crane, Carson Sinclair, Father Mateo, & Preston Fairmont debuted in the Mansions of Madness 2e Core.  Calvin Wright was a promo for AH2, then was reimagined and released in Elder Sign, Eldritch Horror, & the LCG around the same time.  Daniela Reyes debuted in the same EH expansion as Calvin.  Sefina Rousseau debuted in the LCG.

We're slowly seeing the investigator list grow, as the depth of their backstories increase as well - first with The Investigators of Arkham, then with individual novellas.

Is there a know story where the characters are hunted by a ghost or shadow? The encounter card revealed in the article involves moving some sorta big bad, that might be a reoccurring theme in several scenarios.

the only one I know where there are ghost is the novella The Mound, where the protagonist come to a village of Oklahoma where specters appears at the top of a mound. But these specter are in fact slaves-guard to a underground city, where some looking-indian people are immortal and abble to teleport, so this the reason why they look specters. The mention is about "spectral watcher" so that could be something like that. In the case this is the inspirtation of this cycle, that would mean a link to tsathoggua, because the underground people are living in the Tsath city, named in reference to Tsathoggua, and when going deeper, we could found a way to Hyperborea, land where this one is important.

But I found nothing about real ghost. There are only two great old one really linked to death or undead : 

The first one is Glaaki, who have a cult of witchs, and can bring death to peoples with her spines, before to enslaved their corpses as undead.

The other one is Mordiggian. This one is worshipped by ghouls and human, and is a symbol of death. This is the real great old one hidden behing the great old one named Umordhoth in the core box. If you take time to make research about Mordiggian, you will recognize him really well. So we would have sequel to the first campaign. But not more link to specters behing this one too. 

Oh, and there are Aphoom-Zhah, a son of the fire great old one Cthugha. He has some spectral minions, but he is named the cold flame of living in glacial area, so not a great idea. But another treachery revealed let us look at some sort of ghost, who look like blue-flame, so this one would be a fire vampire, minion of Cthugha. So we will see ...

Edited by phorcys12

After thinking, I  make a new speculation:

Guardian- Tony Morgan(almost sure)

Seeker- Harvey Walters/ (or Mandy / Kate)

Rogue- Daniela Reyes(almost sure)

Mystic- Diana( sure)

Survivor- Hank Samson(or Darell/Carson)

Neutral- Charlie Kane(almost sure)

As an argument for a neutral investigators, Diana's cards start from 13, this mean either an investigator before her with 3 signature cards, or a sixth investigators. What do you think?

I'd say 3 signature cards. I mean, it would have to be an investigator with no signature cards, if it was that, and I'd assume the neutral ones come last. Plus, three signature cards is not uncommon.

1 hour ago, Eldan985 said:

I'd say 3 signature cards. I mean, it would have to be an investigator with no signature cards, if it was that, and I'd assume the neutral ones come last. Plus, three signature cards is not uncommon.

Why? He is after Diana, Charlie can have signature cards.

I believe he is making a case using Path to Carcosa as his baseline.  The Home front (Mark's first Signature card) would be #6 if there were not a neutral investigator shifting the row down.

Mark Harrigan: The Soldier   The Path to Carcosa 1
Minh Thi Phan: The Secretary   The Path to Carcosa 2
Sefina Rousseau: The Painter   The Path to Carcosa 3
Akachi Onyele: The Shaman   The Path to Carcosa 4
William Yorick: The Gravedigger   The Path to Carcosa 5
Lola Hayes: The Actress   The Path to Carcosa 6
The Home Front Mark Harrigan's Signature The Path to Carcosa 7
Shell Shock Mark Harrigan's Signature The Path to Carcosa 8
Sophie: In Loving Memory Mark Harrigan's Signature The Path to Carcosa 9
Analytical Mind: Between the Lines Minh Thi Phan's Signature The Path to Carcosa 10
The King in Yellow: Act 1 Minh Thi Phan's Signature The Path to Carcosa 11
The Painted World Sefina Rousseau's Signature The Path to Carcosa 12
Stars of Hyades Sefina Rousseau's Signature The Path to Carcosa 13
Spirit-Speaker: Envoy of the Alusi Akachi Onyele: The Shaman The Path to Carcosa 14
Angered Spirits Akachi Onyele: The Shaman The Path to Carcosa 15
Bury Them Deep William Yorick's Signature The Path to Carcosa 16
Graveyard Ghouls William Yorick's Signature The Path to Carcosa 17
Improvisation Lola Hayes's Signature The Path to Carcosa 18
Crisis of Identity Lola Hayes's Signature The Path to Carcosa 19

Yeah, I've put this up in detail elsewhere, but to recap:

1 - Guardian investigator
2 - Seeker investigator
3 - Rogue investigator
4 - Diana Stanley
5 - Survivor investigator
6-7 - Guardian sigs
8-9 - Seeker sigs
10-11 - Rogue sigs
12? One of the three above has a triple sig??
13-15 Diana sigs

Or:

1 - Guardian investigator
2 - Seeker investigator
3 - Rogue investigator
4 - Diana Stanley
5 - Survivor investigator
6 - Neutral investigator
7-8 - Guardian sigs
9-10 - Seeker sigs
11-12 Rogue sigs
13-15 Diana sigs

Seem like the two most plausible options, but who knows, it could be all over the place... To start making more reasonable predictions if we get a player card number (not an investigator specific card) we could start to extrapolate from there a little more. 

I would be interested in seeing how they handle another neutral investigator.

They would need to be mechanically distinct from Lola and would also need more of a limiter on deck design than anything you want to take.