Duciris

4th Cycle - The Circle Undone

8 hours ago, Otakuon said:

Yeah, I find it odd that the Forgotten Age cycle is almost complete and we have not heard a peep about what is coming next (apart from double dips and one-offs). Up until now, FFG was keeping the schedule loaded so that there was at least one new mythos pack dropping every few weeks. Either they are slowing down the releases or are waiting for Arkham Nights to make a big announcement about what is coming next. 

The mythos packs have been consistently every four weeks per usual.  It's only the announcement that's later than usual, and then only by a few weeks (TFA was announced a few days after the fourth mythos pack of Carcosa was released).  I do think it's being saved for Arkham Nights.

edit: actually, I guess the first couple packs this cycle were five weeks, but the last several have been four.

Edited by CSerpent

I could image that they're going to include more than one ancient one in on cycle yet again (as seen with TFA). Dagon and C'thulhu would go well together i think. A trip to innsmouth, back out to the ocean, exploring some islands, maybe a scenario on a ship. This i would like to see 

I am leaning more towards Innsmouth, Dagon and Cthulhu in the next one now.  Juts a feeling we will be getting Tony in the next set due to him showing up in so many cards this cycle.  Lets see what the next expansion tells us.  Tony is pretty Deep One related.

FFG on Twitter seems to be doing a countdown using tarot cards.  Many people in the Facebook group believes this is alluding to the possibility that Dreamlands will be the theme for the next cycle.

Me? I don't know. All I know is that it seems suspicious that they are posting cryptic messages and pictures this close to Arkham Nights

2 hours ago, Turtlefan2082 said:

FFG on Twitter seems to be doing a countdown using tarot cards.  Many people in the Facebook group believes this is alluding to the possibility that Dreamlands will be the theme for the next cycle.

Me? I don't know. All I know is that it seems suspicious that they are posting cryptic messages and pictures this close to Arkham Nights

I think they're just building up to Arkham Nights.  I doubt they're anything specific.  There's two big Arkham things for that event.  The first being the 4th Cycle, and the second being copies of Arkham Horror The Board Game.  They'll probably have them to play... And maybe ones to purchases exclusively there as well.

On 10/9/2018 at 8:16 AM, CSerpent said:

The mythos packs have been consistently every four weeks per usual.  It's only the announcement that's later than usual, and then only by a few weeks (TFA was announced a few days after the fourth mythos pack of Carcosa was released).  I do think it's being saved for Arkham Nights.

edit: actually, I guess the first couple packs this cycle were five weeks, but the last several have been four.

This is correct.

And this cycle after the 4th pack we got Return to the Dunwich Legacy. That pushes the next cycle pack to around here. And I expect they are holding the announcement until Arkham Nights.

1 hour ago, Nohwear said:

Je me demande s'ils envisagent de se concentrer un peu sur les cases "retour aux".

I think they will at least search to run this game for having only one cycle of differences. I think they will annouce Return to Carcosa a few time after the release of the dunwich one. Like after december. Just for release the cycle 3 return before the cycle 5. Moreover, the nigthmare deck for Lord of the rings LCG were generally annouced just after the end of the coresponding cycle. So this is like if at the end of the cycle 3 they release city release. But I think 1 cycle time between the end of a cycle and his return is good, just for take in consideration the player feeling across the full campaign, and fix the problem they had. But I stille say the Return to carcosa would be annouced between annoucements for the pack 3 and 4 of the cycle 4 ;)

22 hours ago, Antimarkovnikov said:

I think they're just building up to Arkham Nights.  I doubt they're anything specific.

...If that's the case, then I hope we can at least get some of that art on something. A full 78-card tarot deck is probably a bit much, but maybe a playmat with the major arcana or something?

That would make sense.

It's a new pattern. Release a full cycle, then a "Return to" set.

So after next cycle, we get a Return to Carcosa box, then another cycle and a Return to Forgotten box.

That would push the future cycle announcements until after 5th chapter pack is released, which could just coincidentally be around Arkham Nights this year.

On 10/10/2018 at 2:22 PM, Antimarkovnikov said:

I think they're just building up to Arkham Nights.  I doubt they're anything specific.  There's two big Arkham things for that event.  The first being the 4th Cycle, and the second being copies of Arkham Horror The Board Game.  They'll probably have them to play... And maybe ones to purchases exclusively there as well.

The Arkham Horror 3e was given the Shipping Now status on the Upcoming page.  That should release it the week following Arkham Nights, and they basically told me when I preordered my copy at the FFG Center that they'll be selling it at Arkham Nights.  We already know (from announcements) that they'll be demoing the game there this year.

I can't envision them telling us any more information about the 4th Cycle before Arkham Nights as it's one week away.

As a side note, the first novella was announced and released the same day as Day 1 of last years Arkham Nights.  I would love, LOVE, for them to release more of those books.  I bout them for the cards, but they have all proved to be really worthwhile reads.

Handcuffs says Tony Morgan or maybe Tommy Muldoon, both of whom seem like Guardians to me (you could make a case for Tony as a Rogue type but if so it would surely be with some weird deckbuilding so he can take Handcuffs and isn't just a 5/2 Rogue/Guardian split as we have that in both directions already). In other Arkham games they both have backstories that tie them into Boston, Tommy is up north investigating Wendigo so maybe something with Ithaqua, while Tony has an investigation that takes him to Innsmouth so that's a possibility as well (especially since Silas is a Survivor rather than a Guardian, so there'd be no conflict having both Tony and Silas in the same expansion - an obvious other investigator would be Amanda Sharpe, presumably as the Seeker, and maybe Joe Diamond as a Rogue. As for the Mystic, could be almost any of the likely candidates, except for like Luke Robinson who is obviously waiting for the Dreamlands). Mists of R'lyeh also has that Cthulhu/Innsmouth connection but it's a staple spell in Arkham so I wouldn't read too much into that.

A crime theme says Innsmouth to me, as a more urban environment, but I wouldn't read too much into there being crime-related Rogue cards - it's kind of the faction's thing.

I haven't dipped my toe into designing a custom scenario or campaign but if I did, I'd definitely be trying to recreate the Innsmouth raid...

Definitely Tony Morgan. It's his starting item in Eldritch Horror, even. Which points a lot to Innsmouth, yes. Which has been theorized before. Then, Amanda Sharpe, Seeker.... 

Could Charlie Kane be a rogue? I mean, he usually has money and is good at talking, which are rogueish, but he's also quite guardian-y, and I doubt they'd add another rogue guardian.

Joe Diamond is more connected to the Silver Twilight, I think? 

Actually, the Feed the Mind spell could point to Mandy Thompson. The seekeriest seeker ever. 

Maybe we could do a Miskatonic University cycle? Ties a bit much into Dunwich, but Mandy Thompson as Seeker, Rita Young as... rogue? Survivor? Harvey Walters... there's tons of investigators with ties there. BUt they are mostly seekers. 

Edited by Eldan985

Charlie Kane makes sense as a rogue, since he's all about that money (one of the other money money characters, Jenny, is the single-class Dunwich rogue) but I don't think Guardian would be his secondary as a 5/2 - more like Seeker, with cards like Charles Ross, Esq., especially since guardian support is like healing and taking hits for other people, which isn't really his thing.

But I think you might see him having weird deckbuilding - I've seen a number of people theorising that he'll end up being Neutral, but I think he might end up like Carolyn Fern instead.

8 minutes ago, Allonym said:

Charlie Kane makes sense as a rogue, since he's all about that money (one of the other money money characters, Jenny, is the single-class Dunwich rogue) but I don't think Guardian would be his secondary as a 5/2 - more like Seeker, with cards like Charles Ross, Esq., especially since guardian support is like healing and taking hits for other people, which isn't really his thing.

But I think you might see him having weird deckbuilding - I've seen a number of people theorising that he'll end up being Neutral, but I think he might end up like Carolyn Fern instead.

Charlie is all about the money in Eldritch Horror.  In Arkham Horror he is all about the allies.  In Elder Sign, he is an investigator that works better with other investigators.  I don't know which direction they will go with him, but allies seem most likely since allies are a big part of this game and there aren't many other "ally" themed investigators.  Preston is more likely the other money character. 

Part of me thinks Charlie will be a survivor.

1 hour ago, Eldan985 said:

Definitely Tony Morgan. It's his starting item in Eldritch Horror, even. Which points a lot to Innsmouth, yes. Which has been theorized before. Then, Amanda Sharpe, Seeker.... 

I am definitely thinking Tony now.  He has been popping up to much in Guardian cards this cycle.  I originally thought Handcuffs was an evasion tool and thus very FA.  But it has been one of his signature items since the original board game.  Plus he is on two other card arts.

Since his Arkham and Eldritch bios as well as his investigator of Arkham story have him dealing with fishmen monstrosities, I am leaning to Innsmouth and Dagon.

At this point, I will be surprised if it isn't fishmen themed.

YES! I love the Silver Twilight Lodge and Diana! This makes the handcuffs in the most recent mythos pack even more interesting.

Now I am dying to know who the other players are here.  I'm guessing Preston Fairmont is one.  The idea of a prologue that uses its own investigator substitutes is really interesting as well. I probably should have seen something like that coming when they introduced the Yithian Body.

I'm not sure we would get another mystic in this deluxe, but there's really nothing saying we can't.

Very excited about this one!

Edited by Soakman

16 minutes ago, jjvreed said:

I hope we get the real Marie Lambeau now!

Its unlikely because Diana and MArie share the Mystic class.  But there is always a small % chance since we don't know the rest of the investigators.