Duciris

4th Cycle - The Circle Undone

17 minutes ago, Burgie1996 said:

What can I do to get rid of one then? Play another one that automatically replaces it?

That would do it! Assuming you have reached the relevant slot limit. So a pistol that runs out of ammo would stay in your play area until such time as you have filled your other hand slot as well, then played a third item that requires a hand slot.

22 minutes ago, Burgie1996 said:

What can I do to get rid of one then? Play another one that automatically replaces it?

Yes a new card that replaces it's slot works or play a card taht says to discard an asset.

25 minutes ago, Jobu said:

Yes a new card that replaces it's slot works or play a card taht says to discard an asset.

There are also some treacheries that require you to discard one or more assets, or suffer some other penalty. That is another way you can get rid of empty assets, and also a reason for keeping them around until you need the slot they are occupying.

wow, assez sympa !!!!! le travail artistique de ce jeu est toujours au sommet du cycle carcosa (le premier concerne davantage la réutilisation de certains arts anciens) !! 

et le mécanisme spectral semble terrible. Ce cycle ne sera pas facile à mon look ...

Edited by phorcys12

1 hour ago, Eldan985 said:

Meanwhile, I'm just really annoyed that they show a witch being burned. Witches were hung, not burned. 

Perhaps not  in Salem, but it happened in Europe in the 16th-18th century.

Edited by Chitinid

Oh, and I burned a witch the other week.  Well, I assume she was a witch.  She was looking at a Wiccan spell set at Barns & Nobles (while I was shopping for a Tarot deck (darn you AH:LCG!)) and I was like, "Wicca isn't supposed to be about aggressive or harmful spells, yo."  And then I was all, "Heh.  Sick burn, Brah." to myself.

11 hours ago, retrodaniel said:

Whether it's accurate or not, alot of people associate being burned at the stake with Witches, so it makes sense tbh. Plus it makes a much better artwork

They are New England witches, though. Not those that were burned in the German crematoria. 

9 hours ago, Eldan985 said:

They are New England witches, though. Not those that were burned in the German crematoria. 

While you are right that no witches were burnt in America, I don't get annoyed when they misrepresent this stuff.  I don't look for LCGs to be historically accurate. 

It reminds me of the old GURPS horror RPG quote, "Despite what is depicted in the above picture, no witches were actually burned in the United States."

17 hours ago, Carthoris said:

Er, they are fantasy Yog-Sothothery witches. I suspect that they weigh the same as a duck.

I'm not sure they are Yog-Sothothery witches. YS is more for sorcerers, the witches we see tend to be pretty Nyarlathotepy. Especially since this cycle also seems to have some Dreamlands connection. Of course, then we also get The Secret Name, which sounds like an Azathothy hint and the cover for The Greater Good, which looks quite Shub-Niggurathy. 

6 hours ago, Eldan985 said:

I'm not sure they are Yog-Sothothery witches. YS is more for sorcerers, the witches we see tend to be pretty Nyarlathotepy. Especially since this cycle also seems to have some Dreamlands connection. Of course, then we also get The Secret Name, which sounds like an Azathothy hint and the cover for The Greater Good, which looks quite Shub-Niggurathy. 

I meant "Yog-Sothothery" in its generic sense: it's what Lovecraft called what has later come to be labeled the "Cthulhu Mythos." So regardless of the Great Old One implicated, fantasy Yog-Sothothery is the genre of Arkham Horror. I agree, though, that Shub and/or Nyarlathotep is a more likely force behind the witches of Arkham than Yog.

Edited by Carthoris

3 hours ago, Carthoris said:

I meant "Yog-Sothothery" in its generic sense: it's what Lovecraft called what has later come to be labeled the "Cthulhu Mythos." So regardless of the Great Old One implicated, fantasy Yog-Sothothery is the genre of Arkham Horror. I agree, though, that Shub and/or Nyarlathotep is a more likely force behind the witches of Arkham than Yog.

Yog-Sothoth is the origin of all sorcery anyway, even if they technically worship a different god. At least, that's the case for the mathematically-based magic used by Keziah Mason and her acolytes; there are probably other self-identified "witches" who gain their power by invoking the Old Ones instead of learning sorcery, but I'm pretty sure we're going with "Dreams in the Witch-House" as inspiration here.

On 1/5/2019 at 4:29 AM, Antimarkovnikov said:

act.JPG

New card previewed on the Mythosbusters!  And that is officially all of the new Survivor cards!

Mmmmmm. This card slots so smoothly into Yorrick decks!

"I shoot the Conglomeration of Spheres twice with my last 2 .45 Bullets, then I finish it off by chucking the gun via Act of Desperation, since I killed an enemy I play .45 from my discard pile."

I've been working on an item heavy Yorrick deck (Bandoiler + Hunting Rifle + Knife + Flashlight + Cherished Keepsake + Backpack) and this will give it a lot more reach and a contingency plan to recurse spent weapons or to resolve a jammed rifle.

I'm really tempted by a Preston Fairmont deck with : lots of automatic cards (but there aren't much in Rogue) and/or Red Gloved Man.

But Red Gloved Man is at 5xp, and I'll want to use Borrowed Time, 6xp...

We still don't know what his deckbuilding option will be? A Chance Encounter would really help, but they could just make him any 3+ event cost from any class.

As anyone made a deck around Red Gloved Man? does it really work? is it worth 10xp to include two of them?

And just to be sure, he automaticaly lose the end of turn ressource? I'm not that fond of him over Jenny Barnes yet.

Yorrick heavy item sounds fun.

Edited by vindoq