Duciris

4th Cycle - The Circle Undone

It also suggests that Marie is coming in this pack, with a spoiler for Baron Samedi. Meaning:

Guardian: Carolyn Fern

Seeker: Darrell Simmons? Luke Robinson? A.N.Other?

Rogue: Preston Fairmont? Daniela Reyes for the tarot connection?

Mystic: Diana Stanley

Mystic: Marie Lambeau

Survivor: Rita Young

In terms of gender distribution, there are currently 13 male and 12 female investigators in the game (including Marie), so this would take us up to 13/15. If the Seeker and Rogue were both male, we'd be at 15/15 which feels neat (but isn't necessarily a reason for both of them to be men).

In terms of combat potential, Marie and Carolyn are both not really brawlers (though can dole out the hurt). I wonder if we'll see a fightier Seeker as a result. Perhaps Diana will be Mystic/Guardian 5/2 as a result? 

Edited by zooeyglass
missing ?

If we get a fightier seeker, I'd suggest Tony Morgan. Maybe as a Seeker/Guardian, so he can get handcuffs. Based on not much evidence, really, but in Eldritch, he had the same starting location as Diana Stanley and handcuffs were his signature item. 

He could also be a three-class investigator, like Carolyn, along the lines of Seeker/Guardian/Rogue. 

Speaking of, Charlie Kane could still be a rogue. Parleying with people, charisma and money are all very rogueish traits. Maybe he'll have one of those complicated deckbuilding rules like Carolyn, maybe focused on "another investigator at your location". 

Edited by Eldan985

With enemies that can only be damaged by relics and spells being noted in one of the previews, I wonder if we're not going to get 'traditionally' fighty investigators this go-around. Anyone can snag a relic weapon in the form of an Ornate Bow or Timeworn Brand, but who's to say.

I've just had a realisation. Carolyn Fern's presence in the expansion might not presage a Dreamlands theme; in Eldritch Horror her starting gear includes a tarot card, and obviously tarot is a big theme in this campaign. 

This also gives more credence to the idea that Daniela might be our rogue on the basis that she starts with a tarot as well. 

21 hours ago, Allonym said:

I've just had a realisation. Carolyn Fern's presence in the expansion might not presage a Dreamlands theme; in Eldritch Horror her starting gear includes a tarot card, and obviously tarot is a big theme in this campaign. 

This also gives more credence to the idea that Daniela might be our rogue on the basis that she starts with a tarot as well. 

This is true; but keep in mind that the promo book was almost solely about the Dreamlands.

This doesn't necessarily mean anything though. Carolyn is the first replacement investigator we'll be getting  previously unreleased 'original' cards for, so they may be extremely different in theme (?). We do have alternates of a few already released investigators and they don't exactly follow theme all the time. Jenny Barnes had an interesting story about her sister and a 'Green Man' cult. She came out with Dunwich. Does her novel story relate to Dunwich? Not specifically.

That being said if we're looking for reasons for investigators to be included in the cycle, without a Dreamlands connection, Carolyn really doesn't have any ties to the Silver Twilight Lodge.

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 10:01 AM, Soakman said:

Jenny Barnes had an interesting story about her sister and a 'Green Man' cult. She came out with Dunwich. Does her novel story relate to Dunwich? Not specifically.

Same thing with Roland and his Azathoth storyline.

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 1:19 PM, Radix2309 said:

They have said that some investigators in a cycle are thematic, and others aren't.

We already have a few that are thematic, I don't think this is necessarily a dreamlands cycle, other than a single scenario maybe.

Yeah.  Is Rita tied to the Lodge or anything else we expect to be seeing?

Apropos of earlier comments, I won't give up hope that Charlie Kane will be a neutral investigator until he shows up otherwise.

I think added to this is that The Path to Carcosa and The Forgotten Age encouraged us to think of thematic connections between investigators and cycle, but some of those connections are looser than others (Finn in TFA springs to mind, or Akachi in Carcosa). So it may be that we get Carolyn in a non-Dreamlands cycle just because, or that we have a couple of Dreamlands-related scenarios later in The Circle Undone campaign. I'd also hasten to add that TFA really shook up what we can expect from the shape or spine of a campaign. I don't want to spoil it overtly, but there were various elements there reinforcing what we've long known in this game: all bets are off! 

If the Lodge / haunting elements we've seen announced in TCU so far are only the introductory portions, who knows what direction the campaign will take. 

Unless the cards are out of order, there is only 1 Guardian, Seeker, Rogue, and Mystic (Rita is card #5).  There could be 2 Rogues, I guess, but it's looking like we're getting another neutral;  * fingers-crossed emoji * Charlie Kane.

Edited by Duciris
still can't spell *rouge*

8 minutes ago, Duciris said:

Unless the cards are out of order, there is only 1 Guardian, Seeker, Rogue, and Mystic (Rita is card #5).  There could be 2 Rogues, I guess, but it's looking like we're getting another neutral;  * fingers-crossed emoji * Charlie Kane.

There are two ways that I can see it.  Marie Lambeau has already been leaked so there have to be two mystics.

1. Carolyn Fern 2. Seeker 3. Rogue 4. Diana Stanley 5. Rita Young 6. Marie Lambeau

Or perhaps the more interesting option off the wall option...

1. Carolyn Fern 2. Seeker/Rogue 3. Marie Lambeau 4. Diana Stanley 5. Rita Young 6. Neutral Investigator

So either the cards are out of order OR we're getting a neutral investigator and not getting a Seeker or a Rogue.  Either way this will be an interesting release. 

49 minutes ago, Soakman said:

Totally called Rita with tricks. :) Wasn't expecting 0-3 necessarily but this gives us another investigator with the ability to take both Will to Survive and Ace in the Hole. WOOOO!

Whoaaa, that'll be crazy

My new guess:

Seeker with guardian 0-2(Geroge? Harvey?) or interesting requiment.

Maybe Harvey with Insight 0-5?

Or maybe Amanda with Talents?

For Rogue/Survivor Daniela?

Amanda and Daniela are most likely IMO.

Edited by Veve7

Rita really doesn't fit my play style since I like to fight. But I'm really looking forward to trying her out.

My enthusiasm for Carolyn isn't too high since she's a guardian that can't fight well. Could be interesting to pair her up with other guardians or mystics.

What we know so far (updated):

1**        Carolyn Fern
2             seeker investigator
3            rogue investigator
4**       Diana Stanley
5**       Rita Young
6**       Marie Lambeau
7**       Hypnotic Therapy
8**       Rational Thought
9            seeker sig
10          seeker sig
11          rogue sig
12          rogue sig
13**     Twilight Blade
14**     Dark Insight
15**     Terrible Secret
16**     “I’m done runnin’!”
17**     Hoods
18**     Mystifying Song
19**     Baron Samedi
20          g1
21          g2
22          g3 [Delay the Inevitable? - if there are 2 assets, 1 event, 1 xp card]
23          g4
24          seek1
25          seek2
26          seek3
27          seek4
28          r1 [The Moon - XVIII?]
29          r2
30          r3
31          r4
32          m1
33          m2
34          m3 [Prophesy? - if there are 2 assets, 1 skill, 1 xp card]
35          m4
36**     Track Shoes
37          surv2
38**     Able Bodied
39          surv4
40         neutral/weakness x2
41         neutral/weakness x2
42         neutral/weakness x2
43         1/7
44         2/7
45         3/7
46**    Gavriella Mizrah 4/7
47**    Jeroma Davids 5/7
48        Valentino Rivas 6/7?
49        Penny White 7/7?

If cards 7 to 19 are x1 (13 cards), and 20 to 42 are x2 (23x2=46) = 59 player cards [confirmed by Spanish site]
** = confirmed

On 12/14/2018 at 1:16 PM, Allonym said:

You're doing Nodens' work there, zooeyglass.

Thank you, @Allonym, I find it deeply satisfying!

On 12/14/2018 at 1:23 PM, Raahk said:

I am hoping for Norman Withers but given that we already have 2 mystics, that seems very unlikely. Maybe with the next Cthulhu cycle :)

@Raahk I was hoping for Norman too but I think it's unlikely now. He is male (for gender balance, and we know FFG keeps an eye on it) but as you say, the double mystic situation makes it unlikely. I'm totally with you on a Silas + Norman Cthulhu deluxe!