eliteone

In lieu of new wave announcements, what would you like to see FAQ'd?

Where do you see any upcoming changes for Armada rules going:

Was the flotilla nerf too hard?

Should they really look into Advanced Projectors vs. Xi7s again?

Are Bail and Pryce actually lovers, and what about that no good Strategic Adviser, plotting and scheming to kill them both. 

Heard rumors that you need to git gud to use Thrawn effectively, those extra dials into tokens sure can be nice...perhaps a bit too nice. 

etc etc. I was just making some of this up to fill the post content, but what do see getting FAQ'd in the next update? 

1 hour ago, eliteone said:

Was the flotilla nerf too hard?

Nope

Should they really look into Advanced Projectors vs. Xi7s again?

That would be nice. I like XI's but anything that makes decisions "maybe" instead of "yes/no" is always good

Are Bail and Pryce actually lovers, and what about that no good Strategic Adviser, plotting and scheming to kill them both. 

What? All of these cards are fine. Also, stop trying to RP the characters, creeper. 

Heard rumors that you need to git gud to use Thrawn effectively, those extra dials into tokens sure can be nice...perhaps a bit too nice. 

Honestly my recommendation is just to try an all ship list with him. Try a figure head piece(isd) toss demo in there, try out those arq's or some raiders and run a couple combat Goz's

etc etc. I was just making some of this up to fill the post content, but what do see getting FAQ'd in the next update? 

I actually think the game is in a healthy state right now. It's too bad FFG is killing it ;)

The Game is in a great spot right now, but if I could change anything it would be to add this line to strategic advisor  you may only exhaust this card if you have fewer ships than your opponent, or something along those lines.

The flotilla nerf was great, Advanced Projectors needs some love, speaking of love Bail and Pryce are perfect for each other, and I still wish Thrawn did more.

I'd like Rieekan to no longer affect unique squadrons, but ships only.  He'd still be as good or better than than a lot of commanders...

Removing the Interdictor Combat Refit from the game means we can finally recycle the ship card to conserve resources.

And I want a pony.  Overall balance is fantastic, it's more about making improving things we never see/use.

Strat advisors have frustrated me a bit, but also messed up a few people.

Perhaps limit unique squadrons to like, 4 or 6 (I've only ever been able to fit six in a 400 pt fleet, so this would mostly be for the eventual Epic Play, and thus could be listed as such.)

A speed 3 for the VSD?

Drop the pt value of expanded launchers to 9pts from 13pts.

Drop Tarkin down to 33pts.

Perhaps adjust the timing for a few upgrades, such as XI7s.

Create an Arquitens title that allows it to have a weapons team.

Edited by Ling27

I could see a cap on unique squads, it model caps now have precendent with the flotilla cap. 

I would hate that because I love my squads, but that's my problem lol. 

I could also see support for a change so that squad to squad attacks are base to base. 

But yeah  I agree the game is tight. I know we could use some point nudges here and there, but that will come in time. I can't think of anything that is "broken".

8 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

At the moment? Nothing.

Ask me again after we’ve had the SSD in the wild for a couple of months.

I share this sentiment. We have had no releases since the last FAQ so nothing new has been added to break anything. So why fix something that doesn't need fixing and if it did wouldn't they have fixed it last time around?

20 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

?

I wrote the wrong one. The NK-7, I would like the timing to be when the defender is choosing their defense tokens, they must choose one and discard it. Rather than the effect occuring after the attack resolves, or whatever it is right now. I see a lot of potential with the NK-7, if it gets reworded.

5 hours ago, Ling27 said:

I wrote the wrong one. The NK-7, I would like the timing to be when the defender is choosing their defense tokens, they must choose one and discard it. Rather than the effect occuring after the attack resolves, or whatever it is right now. I see a lot of potential with the NK-7, if it gets reworded.

The only issues basically become that if you change MS-1, NK-7, Overload Pulse, et al, to Dice "Spending" effects rather than actual Critical effects, their effectivelness Skyrockets...  Because they become "un avoidable".  WHich then lets you combo in other effects at the same time, for the same attack...  Whereas as they are now, they can still be combod, but it requires a second attack to make do...  In the fact that these are leaders, rather than smashers.

I can understand wanting them to change so they feel more effective...  But with my deep dive in rules and games design, the thought of just doing it makes me shudder.

44 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

I can understand wanting them to change so they feel more effective...  But with my deep dive in rules and games design, the thought of just doing it makes me shudder.

What you say makes sense. I have only used NK7s for one game, on one ship, but I do plan to ebay order another to try to combo them on my pair of vics. I've been using 2 VIC1s with tractors and ACMS, thinking of trying something with VIC2s instead.

I've been wondering about changes to the Interdictor title. Make it non-unique (but make the other Experimental Retrofit upgrades unique?). And change the wording in a couple of possible ways:

When a [friendly (1)] ship [at distance 1-3 (2)] activates, you may exhaust this card to ready 1 other upgrade card equipped to [this a friendly (3a)] ship [at distance 1-3 (3b)], [or you may ready this card (4)].

1. limits this to stop it being too powerful,
  2. also limits it to stop it being overpowered,
  3. makes it a bit more useful - not hugely useful, but might help make Interdictors work better with other ships,
  4. makes the Interdictor title a lot more powerful - lets you really make use of Interdictors, rather than just being gimmicky.

Game is great as is i think. The various nerfs have made it a lot better.

I think we are at a very fine balance between squads being too good vs squads basically being ignorable. If squads become ignorable then max activations all ships becomes basically the only thing to run.

The only changes i would advocate are some diversity improvements - ie reducing cost of some of the seldom taken upgrades and admirals (tarkin especially).

11 hours ago, Green Knight said:

Since we're not getting new content --> anything that changes things around. Be it changes to cost or game text on upgrades or whatever. Anything really.

I know some people have suggested seasonal objectives, I really like that idea. Or even a re-work of the objectives that need help.