Sign in to follow this  
Prosk_019

Kagi/Tua

What do you think of tua on kagi? The main build I've used has 0-0-0 and hull upgrade to make sure that I can get the most out of tua and I generally pair this with ships that can strip tokens in an effort to hamstring the offence of ships that pose the biggest threat to kagi. I'm just wondering if tua is worth it on a ship that will have 5 (or 6) hull left behind 1 agility by the time shes comes into play. Is kagi even worth it to begin with?

I don't know if Tua makes sense on anything but a decimator. The turn your opponent drops into Kagi's hull, they're likely to take off 2-4 hull. This gives you a paltry 3-5 hull with hull upgrade, which makes tua an expensive way to save a few hitpoints. Plus, a stressed Lambda is extremely predictable, making it easy to trap afterwards.

What do yall think about Tua with Admiral Sloane on a omicron pilot?

If your opponent is smart, they will try and kill Sloane first. If you do it right, I figure Tua could save 3+ hitpoints on the lambda and keep Sloane on the field an extra round or two. This is likely worth the cost of Tua.

2 hours ago, Vineheart01 said:

i just realized that Kagi "sucks up locks" now rather than force to lock him.

Thats incredibly strong since he can sit beyond R3 from the enemy, soak up the locks, and the locks are 100% useless because hes not a valid target.

And that is why Tua is on my Kagi, lumbering into only a few arcs at a time. But if we're being honest, unless 2 dice primaries are the rage in your meta, Tua reaches full potential on a Deci, especially RAC.

As I see it, the issue with Maketh Tua on Kagi is that Tua only triggers if you have a damage card at the start of the engagement phase.  For a Shuttle, you'll already be at least half-dead by the time Tua can trigger.  A reinforce when you only have 5 or fewer hull remaining isn't bad, but depending on how many ships are shooting at you, it might not keep you alive that much longer.  IMHO, only Decimators have enough hull for long enough to potentially make a difference in how long Tua will keep you alive.