Zura

Things that we should still be expecting from future relases

Thorin doesn't have two, the other Thorin is Thorin Stonehelm, who succeeded Dain.  I think we won't see another Thorin Oakenshield or Kili or Fili because of their deaths in the Hobbit, and doubt we'll see another Balin or Ori or Oin because of their deaths in Moria.  I'd personally like to see use of characters who were alive after the Hobbit but died well before the War of the Ring, but so far that hasn't happened.

13 hours ago, Rouxxor said:

Gandalf & Bilbo both exist in hero and ally version. Among the 13 dwarfs 5 have only a hero version (including Thorin who have 2), 5 have a hero and an ally version. And 3 have only a ally version (including bofur who have 2).

Thanks, Rouxxor, you made my point.  Five of the Dwarves have hero only versions.  Since you can only play three heroes in standard rules, that means there will always be two dwarves that you cannot play in one hand solo play.  There would be three dwarves you couldn't play with if you ever wanted to use the non-Baggins hero version of Bilbo or the hero version of Gandalf.  There would be four dwarves you couldn't play with if you wanted to use both hero versions.  So it would be nice to see ally versions of those cards.  Since Fili and Kili are ally only cards, it would be nice to see hero versions of them.  Wouldn't a hero team of Thorin, Fili, and Kili be thematically awesome...you could call it the "Doomed Team".  :)  With maybe the exception of Thorin, it would be nice to have a hero and ally version of all 13 dwarves, although an ally version of Thorin would be welcomed.

The same with the nine walkers.  Only one version of a deck in solo play can be played to include the nine walkers.  Fellowship Frodo, heroes Aragorn, Merry, and Pippin, and the rest allies.  It would be nice to see Merry and Pippin as ally cards, so other heroes can be used in the nine walkers deck.

I predict that they will release boxes like these for LotR LCG

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/arkham-horror-the-card-game/products/return-night-zealot/

that will include campaign cards and maybe some extras (dividers, boons, burdens etc). They will also serve well for storage for every cycle. 

Considering the fact that we got many important leaders of Rhovanion in the current cycle (Brand and Bard for the Bardings, Grimbeorn for the Beornings, Thranduil for the Woodland Realm, Haldan for the Woodmen and Dáin Ironfoot for the Longbeards), I would guess the last two heroes will be Gwaihir for the Eagles and Radagast, as he lives on the edge of Mirkwood, though he is not the leader of the Istari.

Aside from that I would like to see certain allies like Aragorn, Frodo, Pippin, Merry, Éomer, Éowyn and Théoden. And a unique ranger ally for tactics (maybe even Aragorn) to faciliate playing Proud Hunters without the need for a Ranger hero, currently there is only Yazan.

Edit: I also would like a ranged Dwarf, as well as more tribal healing options (Dwarves, Dúnedain, Dale, Rohan, Hobbits), be they allies or attachments.

As far as adventures go, the map-view on Hall of Beorn shows what is still missing: Lindon, Forochel, Minhiriath with Lond Daer, Forodwaith and practically everything (south) east of Mirkwood including the Iron Hills, Rhûn, Khand and Nurn.

Edited by Amicus Draconis