Animewarsdude

T-85 and TIE/FO Interceptor? Let the theorizing being

1 minute ago, Dabirdisdaword said:

It's not that it was a stolen ship it's that they're calling them rebel craft. Just rebel.

Come on dude, what did I JUST say a little while ago about Star Wars fans and Thinking? Do you actually think, for a moment, that they'd really actually make the XG-1 a Rebel only craft...

gencon-xwing-04.jpg

When the ONLY OTHER SEMI-CANONICAL MENTION OF THE THING'S EXISTENCE IS IMPERIAL!?

Like do you actually think they'd do that? What happened to reading between lines, inferring, learning to just, think for a moment..?

Of course the XG-1 isn't a Rebel craft. Why in god's name would this be a Rebel craft? If for whatever completely inane reason it is later to be proven to be an honest to god Rebel craft, you have my permission to mail me like ten flammable glitter bombs- I will even give you my address to do so with, ****, I'll pay for half of it.

Just do what Star Wars fans refuse to and think for one's self.

57 minutes ago, mithril2098 said:

the new X-wing might be packing the option for ion cannons, given we see that red TIE ion'd. from the looks of those extra thrusters on the back end, SLAM sure seems probable. (since the T-70 already has boost)

honestly, i could see this one becoming the resistance's heavy strike fighter, like the Y-wing and B-wing were for the Rebellion. it also looks a lot bigger and beefier than the T-65 and T-70, which also kinda goes with the idea that this is more of a heavy fighter.

I very much could see that being the case. The T-65 X-Wing's S-Foil card gives it Boost when they are closed and the T-70 X-Wing S-Foil card gives it a Barrel Roll when they are closed, maybe the T-85's S-Foil card gives it SLAM when they are closed. 

46 minutes ago, Captain Lackwit said:

Come on dude, what did I JUST say a little while ago about Star Wars fans and Thinking? Do you actually think, for a moment, that they'd really actually make the XG-1 a Rebel only craft...

gencon-xwing-04.jpg

When the ONLY OTHER SEMI-CANONICAL MENTION OF THE THING'S EXISTENCE IS IMPERIAL!?

Like do you actually think they'd do that? What happened to reading between lines, inferring, learning to just, think for a moment..?

Of course the XG-1 isn't a Rebel craft. Why in god's name would this be a Rebel craft? If for whatever completely inane reason it is later to be proven to be an honest to god Rebel craft, you have my permission to mail me like ten flammable glitter bombs- I will even give you my address to do so with, ****, I'll pay for half of it.

Just do what Star Wars fans refuse to and think for one's self.

I'm sorry me not enjoying the current state makes you so angry.

1 hour ago, Dabirdisdaword said:

I'm sorry me not enjoying the current state makes you so angry.

Anger isn't what I'm feeling, lol. It's exasperation. I am constantly amazed that Star Wars fans knee-jerk-to-anger and "NEH BAD DIDNY" so often. Like as if the EU was actually good or Lucas actually gave a **** about anything past his vision. God. It's so tiring.

1 hour ago, Animewarsdude said:

I very much could see that being the case. The T-65 X-Wing's S-Foil card gives it Boost when they are closed and the T-70 X-Wing S-Foil card gives it a Barrel Roll when they are closed, maybe the T-85's S-Foil card gives it SLAM when they are closed. 

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GOD I WAS ALREADY EXCITED FOR T-70s NOW I'M EVEN MORE SO. They seem so good!

1 hour ago, mithril2098 said:

it's one line in a document outlining losses in a battle. there is absolutely nothing saying it wasn't a stolen fighter.

But Miiiiiiiiiiithriiiiiiiiiiiil..! I wasn't told specifically that something was a thing! I cannot infer or draw conclusions myself! I'm so addicted to google and wikipedia that I literally can not think for myself, but information must think for me.

6 minutes ago, Captain Lackwit said:

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GOD I WAS ALREADY EXCITED FOR T-70s NOW I'M EVEN MORE SO. They seem so good!

Actually just found a picture of its configuration card.

default card

Then add the benefit of the Astro slot, the Tech slot, having the dial below, an extra shield over the T-65 to have a total Hull/Shield value of 7, and a ship ability that allows flexibility to them they seem to be really good. The only question is how much it will end up costing in the end.

default card

2 hours ago, Animewarsdude said:

default card

Then add the benefit of the Astro slot, the Tech slot, having the dial below, an extra shield over the T-65 to have a total Hull/Shield value of 7, and a ship ability that allows flexibility to them they seem to be really good. The only question is how much it will end up costing in the end.

default card

This looks really promising. Have been flying the T-65's since I bought 2ED, and having a blast. But it seems as if there are more blasts to have when you throw this in my face! 

2 hours ago, Animewarsdude said:

default card

default card

A LOT.

The Resistance is definitely going to have high-cost, high-option, high-capability ships. The Rebellion on crack, basically. I mean we're talking X-Wings that can take extra shields, have a great dial, can barrel roll with S-foils closed (and I think just sodding boost natively?)

If Rebels can run four X-Wings, The Resistance can probably run three middling ones tops. I don't see The Resistance getting many cheap options- or even wanting them. I mean, four T-70s with their current abilities- you'd have to run them outright naked for it to be fair at all.

To put it bluntly, I think a T-70 could beat the s**t out of an E-Wing.

Ok I know I am the grumpy guy, but I wish ships designed by disney wasn't paint job of lucasfilm design.

About the game ( sorry for the digression), I bet the in/fo is a mix of what it looks, /ln and Adv/v1. 3hull 1shield? slot: mod / tech / missile ?

Maybe.

1 hour ago, Captain Lackwit said:

That is not even remotely a gunboat. I can't believe anybody thinks this.

So, I don't think it is actually an Alpha-class Star Wing, but there is a striking similarity in profile - the five wing setup and elongated cockpit give it quite a similar silhouette.  Maybe it's the Resistance-era version of the Gunboat, akin to the T-70's iteration on the X-Wing? :) 

2 hours ago, Jarval said:

So, I don't think it is actually an Alpha-class Star Wing, but there is a striking similarity in profile - the five wing setup and elongated cockpit give it quite a similar silhouette.  Maybe it's the Resistance-era version of the Gunboat, akin to the T-70's iteration on the X-Wing? :) 

It isnt. I grabbed a screenshot of it from another angle and it is just an Ugly using Lambda shuttle parts. Looks like the pirate main shuttle.

44907511462_da64c40406_o.png

Edited by mithril2098

5 hours ago, player2422845 said:

Ok I know I am the grumpy guy, but I wish ships designed by disney wasn't paint job of lucasfilm design.

They aren't but let's ignore that for now.

Every time Disney has given something completely new (starbomber, resistance transport, vcx-100, etc) everyone complains it isn't close enough to what has come before. When they do something that is based on what came before, people complain it isn't something new.

make up your **** minds. 

18 minutes ago, mithril2098 said:

Every time Disney has given something completely new (starbomber, resistance transport, vcx-100, etc) everyone complains it isn't close enough to what has come before. When they do something that is based on what came before, people complain it isn't something new.

make up your **** minds. 

It's another "the entire fandom is one person" episode...

Besides I don't see anyone complaining that the ships are "too different" (except for prequel haters ofc), people don't like brick transport because it's boring and uninspired and the bomber because it's a joke.

2 hours ago, Jarval said:

Nah, I'm pretty sure that the pirates just have true uglies while the heroes have nicer looking ones. Star Wars Resistance Rise of the Uglies. Wonder if FFG will bring the pirate ships to X-Wing or decide to skip for better looking ships from the PT and EU.

1 hour ago, Talonbane Cobra said:

How come they have these T-85's?

When's this cartoon set?

I doubt the Resistance has the T-85s, it will likely be something like Kaz, the main character, was a New Republic fighter, he was told to pull back but he engaged the FO ship which ends up getting him in trouble or kicked out of their military and Poe swoops in and invites him to join the Resistance. Then they just have the spy mission be his first mission as a member of the Resistance. I guess then we can only hope that season 1 either covers or ends on TFA with the next season then picking up after TLJ to cover that area.

41 minutes ago, mithril2098 said:

make up your **** minds. 

I'm not a huge fan of the Resistance Bomber, but I do hope we see the Resistance Intersystem Transport.

Image result for Resistance Intersystem Transport Ship

7 hours ago, Captain Lackwit said:

I mean we're talking X-Wings that can take extra shields, have a great dial, can barrel roll with S-foils closed (and I think just sodding boost natively?)

The T65 can also roll with s-foils closed. The T70 dial only has the 3 blue over the T65 dial. The rest of the dial is the same.

The T65 hard-point, having boost as a native action instead of roll, and the bullseye ability on the s-foil are what make it stronger. It still is better than an e-wing, though, which really just has the LRS going for it.

Maybe the T85, if and when released, will be considerably better, though. Hull is probably higher, it probably also has the hard-point, who knows what it's s-foils will bring. Should be interesting. Is 5 the most actions we've seen on a pilot card? Maybe it will have 6.

8 minutes ago, Animewarsdude said:

Nah, I'm pretty sure that the pirates just have true uglies while the heroes have nicer looking ones. Star Wars Resistance Rise of the Uglies. Wonder if FFG will bring the pirate ships to X-Wing or decide to skip for better looking ships from the PT and EU.

I doubt the Resistance has the T-85s, it will likely be something like Kaz, the main character, was a New Republic fighter, he was told to pull back but he engaged the FO ship which ends up getting him in trouble or kicked out of their military and Poe swoops in and invites him to join the Resistance. Then they just have the spy mission be his first mission as a member of the Resistance. I guess then we can only hope that season 1 either covers or ends on TFA with the next season then picking up after TLJ to cover that area.

I'm not a huge fan of the Resistance Bomber, but I do hope we see the Resistance Intersystem Transport.

Image result for Resistance Intersystem Transport Ship

I agree on Resistance likely not having T85s. I think you're probably spot on with him engaging when he shouldn't. The other two x-wings in the scene are pointed away.

And yeah, I really want that transport. It's like a tiny wonderful corvette.

As much as everyone hated it, I also still want the b-wing transport + pod, just for completion's sake.

Edited by Ixidor

4 minutes ago, Ixidor said:

I agree on Resistance likely not having T85s. I think you're probably spot on with him engaging when he shouldn't. The other two x-wings in the scene are pointed away.

And yeah, I really want that transport. It's like a tiny wonderful corvette.

As much as everyone hated it, I also still want the b-wing transport + pod, just for completion's sake.

I do suspect that the Resistance will likely get the T-85 in X-Wing, but doubt we will see them with the craft for the most part unless it showing up in Resistance means that the crew on Episode 9 decided on a design and is letting it show up in Resistance first. 

While I don't like it, I don't mind it being added to X-Wing because 'm a little curious how they would handle it be it a case of a docked ship, something that is big and heavy and flyies like a brick that can purge that and jump down to a low health, and faster ship on a small base, or if it just offers different list building depending on if you have the cockpit part plugged into the transport bit.