Animewarsdude

T-85 and TIE/FO Interceptor? Let the theorizing being

These two ships were shown in the new Resistance trailer, I posted about them in that thread but am throwing these out there for people not following that one.

Could be wrong, but this looks to be the T-85. I originally thought it was some kind of X-Wing trainer but it was fighting against the TIE/FO interceptor so likely not. I'll go ahead and say that initially, not a huge fan of the design. Still, breaking it down, it looks to have normal wings like the T-65 rather than the split design that the T-70 uses while retaining the T-70s engine pods. Based off the front it looks like it has a sensor pod so it might get a System and Tech slot, and with an extra four engines out the back it might get a faster or better dial than the T-70. Though, that likely should be expected I guess since a T-85 is to the T-70 what the E-Wing is to the T-65 for the Rebels.

I doubt that the ships' stats would change much, maybe an extra hull or shield over the T-70.

rxs4nzd.png

Then we have the TIE/FO Interceptor, I'm guessing that this is likely just the paint scheme for the pilot shown in the right of the image with the standard issue one being black with white paneled wings, or maybe it will be like the Silencer and keep the black wings. It will be interesting to see what color scheme FFG goes with. As for the shape it looks to be a Tie Interceptor with curved wings similar to that of the Tie Advanced V1 and has little bits added to the pylons attaching to the wings similar to the Tie Advanced V1 as well. It also looks to have something in common with the Tie Aggressor as it looks like the top and bottom panels on the rear part of the wings arm missing, though it isn't nearly as pronounced as the Aggressor's. 

Not sure what they will do with the dial, I guess they could just end up making it be a Tie Interceptor with a shield sort of how the Tie/Fo is now. Maybe they would swap the Sloops for Talon Rolls or move the Sloops to be speed 2 instead of 3.  

DjqgK8x.png

I'm going to guess that both of these will be basically the same with different numbers.

Maneuvers might change a bit. The T85 could see additional blue manuevers over other X-Wings. Since the boost is a s-foil based action on the T65 and the SLAM is a title-based action on the T70, maybe the T85 would have SLAM as a thing it can just do. Maybe something like that is the reason Poe modified his T70, because he had a functionality like it in the past. That's just wild speculating, though.

Red TIE might just have more speeds of stressful turn around maneuver choices . I can't see them getting the 1 speed turn as a blues but maybe they would get 1 speed white or red manuevers to show some more maneuverability (assuming they have that).

I've always thought the split engine pods of the T-70 were silly. How the **** does a turbine split in half work? It is a rotating piece of equipment for crying out loud.

I guess you can say that even a complete turbine is useless in space (there is no air), so I guess anything goes in Star Wars.

59 minutes ago, player3137305 said:

I've always thought the split engine pods of the T-70 were silly. How the **** does a turbine split in half work? It is a rotating piece of equipment for crying out loud.

I guess you can say that even a complete turbine is useless in space (there is no air), so I guess anything goes in Star Wars.

A good chunk of star wars "science" is fueled by the element of handwavium. 

Like, if based on actual science, firing up a lightsaber would not only light the user on fire immediately, but everything in the room.

39 minutes ago, Kehl_Aecea said:

A good chunk of star wars "science" is fueled by the element of handwavium. 

Like, if based on actual science, firing up a lightsaber would not only light the user on fire immediately, but everything in the room.

And then promptly snuff the flames as it consumed all of the air in the room.

3 hours ago, Dwing said:

It's a shame these "new" ships are so conservatively safe. I have zero interest in them, seems like the stuff we already have... Just stuffed with goofy over the top pilots to boot.

Because anytime they stray a bunch of people loose there minds that it's not star wars enough for them.

Even the T-70 and silencer had people going it's not different enough with a whole nother group complaining they were to different. And I bet there is a large group that no matter what they do will be in 1 of those camps with littrraly nothing Disney could do to ever apease them.

Star wars fans are the worst part of liking star wars and do the most harm to star wars.

2 hours ago, player3137305 said:

The front of the engine pod isn't an intake for a turbine. It's actually is a retro-thrust nozzle.

a3a3291b3b56dac2.jpg

I both of these new ships.

I saw this video by Spacedock and I like how they describe the new X-wings: https://youtu.be/MjncPXXiFlg The New Republic passed a law that limited the number of ships that they could have after the Military Disarmament Act was passed. Instead of having lots of simple, specialized starfighters, they made a few sophisticated, multi-role starfighters.

3 hours ago, Hobbyist said:

Did I see something like a FO Striker?

Do you mean this? Its one of the racers ships, cobbled together by a former Imperial Pilot. Considering that it seems that all of the racers have a unique ship that only they really fly I wonder how FFG will bring them to the game or if they will bring them to the game.

wp7Fv2S.png

I imagine we will get the main ship from the show, apparently called the Fireball used by Team Fireball. It also is the only ship that seems to have a group that could fill it out with the protagonist Kaz, Jarek Yeager, and either Neeku Vozo or Tam Ryvora as the third pilot with the other possibly being added as the final pilot if they don't want it to have a generic pilot. Then they could throw in R1-J5 as an astromech option and a Fireball title for the ship.

500?cb=20180914201243

3 hours ago, player3137305 said:

It isn't a turbine you goon. It's a reverse thruster.

43 minutes ago, Icelom said:

Because anytime they stray a bunch of people loose there minds that it's not star wars enough for them.

Even the T-70 and silencer had people going it's not different enough with a whole nother group complaining they were to different. And I bet there is a large group that no matter what they do will be in 1 of those camps with littrraly nothing Disney could do to ever apease them.

Star wars fans are the worst part of liking star wars and do the most harm to star wars.

Seriously. Like, echoing this forever.

20 minutes ago, Animewarsdude said:

Considering that it seems that all of the racers have a unique ship that only they really fly I wonder how FFG will bring them to the game or if they will bring them to the game.

They should do the games first multi-part kit, with a bunch of starfighter pieces you can assemble how you want, then have pilot cards for generic “uglies”. 

(Half joking)

4 hours ago, player3137305 said:

Just follow through on this line of logic. If a turbine doesn’t work in space then its reasonable to assume it is not a turbine. If it’s not a turbine then you can split it in half without any issue. In SW there are many things that resemble conventional real world tech but don’t function the same way. Just keep that in mind in the future;)

Edited by Wraithdt

1 minute ago, Wraithdt said:

Just follow through on this line of logic. If a turbine doesn’t work in space then its reasonable to assume it is not a turbine. If it’s not a turbine then you can split in in half without any issue. In SW there are many things that resemble conventional real world tech but don’t function the same way. Just keep that in tech in mind in the future;)

But that requires thought instead of knee jerk reactive anger!

The Star Wars fanbase can't do that.

44 minutes ago, Forgottenlore said:

They should do the games first multi-part kit, with a bunch of starfighter pieces you can assemble how you want, then have pilot cards for generic “uglies”. 

(Half joking)

Not sure how they would, but I'd like it if they did. For Scum as well.

the new X-wing might be packing the option for ion cannons, given we see that red TIE ion'd. from the looks of those extra thrusters on the back end, SLAM sure seems probable. (since the T-70 already has boost)

honestly, i could see this one becoming the resistance's heavy strike fighter, like the Y-wing and B-wing were for the Rebellion. it also looks a lot bigger and beefier than the T-65 and T-70, which also kinda goes with the idea that this is more of a heavy fighter.