sionnach19

Best options to fill out a Vader list?

I've been eagerly keeping up with the different threads about Vader, especially regarding which upgrades and Force powers to take. But one thing I haven't seen discussed much is how to fill out the rest of the list! What other ships are giving you the most success in a list paired up with the dark lord?

13 hours ago, william1134 said:

Tonight I am running Vader + Whisper + Echo.

Im not sure how it will go though as there isn't a massive amount of firepower there..

Let us know how it goes! Superior movement with soft ships is a hard battle

1 hour ago, william1134 said:

Ok my first game was a disaster and I think I hate him.  Only regenerating one force charge is rubbish.. not having a boost is rubbish and only two agility with 5hp in total is awful.

Just far far too expensive....

Vader has 3 agility. And yes, he melts under fire. You really have to flank/arc dodge with him.

On 9/26/2018 at 11:20 PM, sionnach19 said:

I've been eagerly keeping up with the different threads about Vader, especially regarding which upgrades and Force powers to take. But one thing I haven't seen discussed much is how to fill out the rest of the list! What other ships are giving you the most success in a list paired up with the dark lord?

https://raithos.github.io/?f=Galactic Empire&d=v4!s!173:73,113,98,-1:-1:-1:;180:123,166,-1:-1:-1:;219:116,-1:-1:-1:;223:116,-1:-1:-1:&sn=Darth Phennir&obs=

Vader with Instinctive Aim allows you to take advantage of using cluster missiles without having to spend your lock which then allows you to use Fire-Control system as well. Just have to be careful to flank with him as well as control your force usage.

With Turr Phennir you can potentially use 3 actions in one turn. Evade>Boost>Barrel Roll and then use Juke to cancel one of the defender's evade dice.

The other two are just to fill out the list with semi-strong TIE Fighters

6 minutes ago, Myotismon said:

https://raithos.github.io/?f=Galactic Empire&d=v4!s!173:73,113,98,-1:-1:-1:;180:123,166,-1:-1:-1:;219:116,-1:-1:-1:;223:116,-1:-1:-1:&sn=Darth Phennir&obs=

Vader with Instinctive Aim allows you to take advantage of using cluster missiles without having to spend your lock which then allows you to use Fire-Control system as well. Just have to be careful to flank with him as well as control your force usage.

With Turr Phennir you can potentially use 3 actions in one turn. Evade>Boost>Barrel Roll and then use Juke to cancel one of the defender's evade dice.

The other two are just to fill out the list with semi-strong TIE Fighters

You don’t need to spend your Lock to fire Cluster Missiles. 

10 hours ago, DodgingArcs said:

You don’t need to spend your Lock to fire Cluster Missiles. 

Ahhh, touche, I see that now, but for the 2 extra squad points I still stand by Instinctive Aim lol.

It at least gives you options, but I suppose you if you really felt it to be unnecessary you could eliminate it all together and spend the 2 points to get "Scourge" Skuto instead of Gideon Hask.

6 hours ago, Myotismon said:

Ahhh, touche, I see that now, but for the 2 extra squad points I still stand by Instinctive Aim lol.

It at least gives you options, but I suppose you if you really felt it to be unnecessary you could eliminate it all together and spend the 2 points to get "Scourge" Skuto instead of Gideon Hask.

You really don’t need Instintice Aim at all on Vader. Spend a Force to shoot a Missile or spend a Force for a Lock action so you can shoot a missile.