Crabbok

Boba

I put this on fb, but I’m wondering if people will decide to not put him on the stick so he’s easier to hide, therefore taking less shots. Obviously geared towards the competitive scene.

I can’t wait to get him, hopefully tomorrow! Sculpt is awesome!

3 hours ago, lukecook said:

I put this on fb, but I’m wondering if people will decide to not put him on the stick so he’s easier to hide, therefore taking less shots. Obviously geared towards the competitive scene.

This could be construed as a modification, which is not legal according to the tournament regs. Because taking him off the peg can have substantial implications about gaining cover, since models with a peg ignore the base for purposes of determining LOS/cover.

Edited by nashjaee

3 hours ago, lukecook said:

That seems like a real waste of the unique height advantage for a trooper unit.

Edited by Derrault

Yeah this could cause some headaches. Don’t have Boba just yet, but I’m even wondering if things like the barricades will provide cover for him? That elevated pose is going to be a huge disadvantage 

10 hours ago, Audio Weasel said:

I don't know if they did it on purpose, but the pose looks straight out if Robot Chicken.  Not saying its a bad thing, just saying it's there.

When the release article photos showed up, all I could think of was the Robot Chicken sketches.

"...almost like you're beggin'... beggin' for a little Boba."

Yeah sorry for the confusion. I meant a “modification” that has a substantive impact on gameplay. Things like changing the diameter of the base. The presence of a peg affects how cover is determined (it’s not about the height). TO’s have some leeway to make calls there, just as an FYI. But there’s no reason you can’t just play as if the peg was there, I suppose, for consistency.

But anyway, very excited to finally see Boba on the table! That sculpt is pretty sweet. Thanks for the video Crabbok!

56 minutes ago, lukecook said:

I thought modifications were legal?

52 minutes ago, Albertese said:

I hope modification is legal

You can read the tournament regulations here. The applicable bit to this thread says "Players cannot modify minis...to significantly alter their height." Not using a peg that a mini is supposed to be elevated on would be a significant alteration to that mini's height, as well as determining when it gains cover.

Doesn't matter for casual play, of course.

Edited by Turan

16 minutes ago, Turan said:

You can read the tournament regulations here. The applicable bit to this thread says "Players cannot modify minis...to significantly alter their height." Not using a peg that a mini is supposed to be elevated on would be a significant alteration to that mini's height, as well as determining when it gains cover.

Okay, looks like I'm good. Doubly so since I have exactly zero interest  in any tournament play... especially above the relaxed tier. 

22 minutes ago, Turan said:

Thank you, as I focus on competitive play, Boba will be on his peg in the constant hover position. I don’t think it will be that big a deal, but there’s always scenarios where these types of things come into play. Sculpt is great though, and the scouts those are freakin sweet!

23 minutes ago, Turan said:

I'd contend that it COULD be a significant alteration to the height, as if you found a rock to affix to the base that provided roughly the same lift as the replaced peg, then there would be little to no alteration to the height. I think cover is the major issue, and it might fall under "dramatically changing the shape." 

But yeah, doesn't matter for casual play. Luckily, paint jobs don't matter for official play, so we at least have that freedom of expression on "Boba Fett."

As nashjee said, it’s more about the peg than the height.  Mostly it means in practice he is much less likely to get cover just by being on top of a building, like most other units would.

Should still get cover from barricades.  Those are certainly high enough to catch his foot.

1 hour ago, Orkimedes said:

As nashjee said, it’s more about the peg than the height.  Mostly it means in practice he is much less likely to get cover just by being on top of a building, like most other units would.

Which is frankly kinda wacky, given that as a bounty hunter you'd think he would be at least as sneaky as a regular trooper...

37 minutes ago, CaptainRocket said:

Which is frankly kinda wacky, given that as a bounty hunter you'd think he would be at least as sneaky as a regular trooper...

Or at the very least occasionally turn off the jetpack to save on fuel instead of hovering all the time.  Although if part of his contract with the Empire includes fuel costs....