Jump to content
Dreadai

Are you missing Rey - try this on for size.

Recommended Posts

Dash Rendar (100)
Trick Shot (1)
Han Solo (12)
Perceptive Copilot (10)
Outrider (14)

Roark Garnet (38)
Squad Leader (4)
Tactical Officer (2)
Engine Upgrade (3)
Moldy Crow (12)

Total: 196

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

Double focus and a co-ordinated target lock on Dash, fly onto a debris and double tap some poor sap at initiative 7 for up to 10 modded red dice. Its not going to win anything big, but it's hella fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It took me a while to get why you have Han gunner and Roark, since they they do similar things, but that's clever.  At least til Roark dies.  If you can kill something off before Roark dies, I think it's competitive.  Against aces lists, I think this wrecks.  10 dice on 2 attacks against Soontir...ouch.  Average dice means Soontir dies easily.  Swarms will probably fair better, and lists that have bombs(seismic charges especially) will do well against you. 

What do you think of Hull upgrade instead of engine upgrade on Roark?  My though is on this is trying to keep him alive as long as possible, and you are primarily co-ordinating with Dash anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Han gunner is redundant with Roark. Swap him for Vet Turret Gunner and you have 4 additional pts for either a bid or an upgrade.

Not redundant. Roark & Han gunner gives double tap out the same arc, at the same target at i7. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Biggsy_boy said:

What do you think of Hull upgrade instead of engine upgrade on Roark?  My though is on this is trying to keep him alive as long as possible, and you are primarily co-ordinating with Dash anyway

Engine upgrade is awesome on the crow. Sometimes Dash won’t need the TL and in end game, boost really helps the crow turn around. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dreadai said:

Dash Rendar (100)
Trick Shot (1)
Han Solo (12)
Perceptive Copilot (10)
Outrider (14)

Roark Garnet (38)
Squad Leader (4)
Tactical Officer (2)
Engine Upgrade (3)
Moldy Crow (12)

Total: 196

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

Double focus and a co-ordinated target lock on Dash, fly onto a debris and double tap some poor sap at initiative 7 for up to 10 modded red dice. Its not going to win anything big, but it's hella fun.

Nicely done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Dreadai said:

Not redundant. Roark & Han gunner gives double tap out the same arc, at the same target at i7. 

Not with a bowtie primary. Han locks out the turret arc he shoots from similarly to the Vet Turret Gunner having to fire from a separate turret than the shot that triggered it. The Roark + Vet Turret bonus attack happens during init 7 after the primary attack from, in this case, Dash that triggered it hits the aftermath step of its attack. Bow tie turrets can only be rotated to arcs that didn't have a turret arc occupying them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, tonycanevaro said:

Sorry I don’t get it. How do you get two attacks out of this?

Roark’s ability triggers before Han - so it is all legit. It took me a couple goes to understand it but Roark happens at the beginning of the engagement phase and it all comes together b/c Han confers a bonus attack. 

Edited by Pewpewpew BOOM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Dreadai said:

Engine upgrade is awesome on the crow. Sometimes Dash won’t need the TL and in end game, boost really helps the crow turn around. 

That's a fair point.  I flew a Jan Ors/Rey list a few time in 1.0 and that HWK tended to die horribly.  Yes, it's better in 2.0, but it's a 5 hull and shield ship in a 2 ship list. 

Have you put this on the table yet?  And if so, how did it fair?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Not with a bowtie primary. Han locks out the turret arc he shoots from similarly to the Vet Turret Gunner having to fire from a separate turret than the shot that triggered it. The Roark + Vet Turret bonus attack happens during init 7 after the primary attack from, in this case, Dash that triggered it hits the aftermath step of its attack. Bow tie turrets can only be rotated to arcs that didn't have a turret arc occupying them.

  1. Dash shoots at I7 because Roark's ability let him
  2. Dash shoots at I7 because Han's ability let him (at the same target via the same arc as step #1 if you want), then is restricted to not shooting out of this arc for the rest of the round
  3. I5 comes along, you can't shoot out of the arc you shot out of in step #2.  Who cares? You already engaged at I7 and aren't shooting here anyways.
Edited by imrandy85

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is an absolutely disgusting build (in the greatest sense possible). Dash Rendar good agin in 2.0? Why not just blow it out of the water and go full ridiculousness. Just don't get kicked out of your FLGS due to YT2400 meme power. 

On a serious note, kudos for finding this setup. This is actually crazy and I think with practice could absolutley wreck face. You should be able to essentially clean house on anything you want within two rounds, and even if dash survives on low health, if you have completley deleted one or two things and left something else on low hopefully, then you can just fly around and clean up at your leisure (Roark or no Roark). Great job!

Best,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, player3049613 said:

I prefer Leebo with C-3PO instead of perceptive Copilot. leaving at least 1 calculate for defense. Unfortunately that does cut down on the obstacle shenanigans.

I'm not sure Leebo is better than perceptive Dash ... those calculates are annoying when you end up with multiple focus results on dice ... and the fact you only recover one, even if you spend 2 is annoying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dreadai said:

I'm not sure Leebo is better than perceptive Dash ... those calculates are annoying when you end up with multiple focus results on dice ... and the fact you only recover one, even if you spend 2 is annoying.

I think it depends on the opponents list.  Against a tie swarm, Leebo would be nicer because you can have mods against an array of weaker shots.  But against a hard hitting 2 ship list, the focus gives you more potential evades against the fewer attacks.

I personally prefer Dash overall because of the higher PS, the ability, and how much easier it is to work the title with Dash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've played 7 games with it now and am 4:3. My losses have all been against Whisper where I screwed the pooch on the engage. I think with more practice, or in more expert hands, it might be a really strong list. Certainly it asks a lot of questions of your opponent and shifts the onus back to them to think of a way to engage that doesn't lead to them sacrificing a ship/half points off the bat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...