Sign in to follow this  
Norm73

Quick question new user

Hi i bought a used combo of descent 2nd edition with shadow of nerekhall and labyrinth of ruin....but the person mixed all the card and everything from the 3 box....i wantes to start with the basic game with my kids but cannot find anywhere a description of what was added with each expension....so can i play the basic tutorial with every card? If my kids enjoy it i will surely buy the other expension also...

Have you got the rulebooks for the base game and the expansions? You should see that each expansion includes a small icon that identifies it cards (included on all item cards, hero sheets, pretty much everything except the actual tiles. I find those harder to sort, but everything else is pretty easy once you know what icon you're looking for.

And welcome to Descent - hope you all thoroughly enjoy it!

Norm, I am sure your kids would like this game but I think it might overwhelm them at first with all of the rules and rules and rules.

Having owned both Sword & Sorcery and everything made for Descent 2E and having played both with my kids, they by FAR choose Sword & Sorcery over Descent 2E. You might want to look into it, and it is ALOT cheaper then Descent too.