faceyfood

Barrage Rockets..so much for not having to make purchases across Factions

24 minutes ago, Rodrigo Istalindir said:

FFG should just tag all those as 'faction specific' in the builder to shut all the whiners up.

Yeah, why not? The rockets 100% fit Imperial doctrine anyway.

Scimitar pilot: How much does each one of these cost, Sir?

Cpt. Jonus: F**K it, we have the money! Just fire ALL THE ROCKETS UNTIL YOU HIT SOMETHING!!!

9 minutes ago, BDrafty said:

Yeah, why not? The rockets 100% fit Imperial doctrine anyway.

Scimitar pilot: How much does each one of these cost, Sir?

Cpt. Jonus: F**K it, we have the money! Just fire ALL THE ROCKETS UNTIL YOU HIT SOMETHING!!!

Scimitar pilot:it just seems wasteful ya know?

Cpt jonus: look if we don't use up the budget by end of year they will reduce it.

42 minutes ago, heychadwick said:

I honestly just don't understand the beef with this one.  If your faction can't use the card, why should it be in the faction conversion kit?  It's not like people are complaining that there are no astromech cards in the Empire kit.

But Rebels can use the card.

3 hours ago, Squark said:

Yeah... the desirable ones will not be $2. Demand is too high. Ebay showed Maul at 8 and 0-0-0 and the Moldy Crow at 10.

Yeah, unique ones like that are higher ... the big UK resale sites are pitching them higher for cost ... but things like Barrage rockets are £2.50 due to being desirable, regular upgrades, pilots etc are coming in at less than £1.

Buying these things is about keeping ahead of the trends. Some local guys got on the Barrage rocket train early and snapped up 5 copies for £1 each from resale sites before the price jumped.

17 hours ago, faceyfood said:

I do get that they will probably be released in later waves, but I want them now.

is there really someone, somewhere, that get disqualified, or could not participate to a Major Tournament for not having a SPECIFIC FFG Card?  (I mean Regional and National tournament here)??  Honestly??

Last National I went my opponent had an ''EXPERTISE'' card that he drew himself.... It was just funny!

Of course you need the proper ship (even there, we see mods) / dials.  And your list should be available, with AT LEAST proxy.  But the ''actual card coming from an actual FFG box...''.    No one will be policing you for that!

1 hour ago, Dabirdisdaword said:

Scimitar pilot:it just seems wasteful ya know?

Cpt jonus: look if we don't use up the budget by end of year they will reduce it.

this is true military mentality.

Not joking. My unit when i was in the military made a lot of REALLY dumb/wasteful purchases just to burn their money and show they "needed what they got"

Changing all the billboards from paper/cork stuff to 60" flatscreens all ran through a wireless system throughout a large building (enough of them where if you turn a corner theres another one) kinda tipped me off that they were doing that.
"We save paper this way" ...you seriously burn way way more money and man hours installing this crap than you'd ever save by not printing things...

2 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

this is true military mentality.

Not joking. My unit when i was in the military made a lot of REALLY dumb/wasteful purchases just to burn their money and show they "needed what they got"

Changing all the billboards from paper/cork stuff to 60" flatscreens all ran through a wireless system throughout a large building (enough of them where if you turn a corner theres another one) kinda tipped me off that they were doing that.
"We save paper this way" ...you seriously burn way way more money and man hours installing this crap than you'd ever save by not printing things...

Also works for academia and government too tbh; my first thought when reading that was: "Jonus is an academic?"

Edited by impspy

14 hours ago, Vineheart01 said:

scum dont even have a double missile user....you CANT use barrage even if you wanted to.

Kwing initially didnt even have a 2nd missile either, they probably decided to add that back in later in development after things were already sent to the printer. It wouldnt be a good platform for them anyway, once you pass them initially they will rarely get front arc on you unless you leave them alone to spend 2-3 turns coming around super wide.

I wouldn't be so quick to pass off the usability of Barrage Rockets on Kwings.  I am 4 games in running quad Kwings and when flown correctly, Barrage Rockets do some major work.  The key is to set up kill boxes that will last multiple rounds, bringing different Kwings into range/arc to get off the rockets while flanking with the others and shooting out the sides with the cannon.  Your ships should have a wide initial setup, allowing you plenty of room to use slam to position your ships for the initial joust.  Once your opponent tries to chase, it's time to start dropping those bombs.  This list is all about playing the long game and being patient, but it will wear down your opponent and win you games.

12 hours ago, Zircon said:

is there really someone, somewhere, that get disqualified, or could not participate to a Major Tournament for not having a SPECIFIC FFG Card?  (I mean Regional and National tournament here)??  Honestly??

Last National I went my opponent had an ''EXPERTISE'' card that he drew himself.... It was just funny!

Of course you need the proper ship (even there, we see mods) / dials.  And your list should be available, with AT LEAST proxy.  But the ''actual card coming from an actual FFG box...''.    No one will be policing you for that!

Your opponent can call for a judge to look at your list in any tournament.  If you don't have the official FFG card, you can be disqualified if you cannot produce the card.  In the higher tournaments, it is not uncommon for judges to check and match your FFG official cards to your submitted list.  You can play with fan made alt arts, but you need to be able to produce the FFG cards when requested.  The list checking/deck checking is typically done before Day 2 gets underway for those that make the cut.  My cards/deck have been checked twice when I made it to Day 2 at a System Open, and yes, my opponent had to dig out official FFG cards when he was using fan made alt arts.

12 hours ago, shadowswalker said:

Your opponent can call for a judge to look at your list in any tournament.  If you don't have the official FFG card, you can be disqualified if you cannot produce the card.  In the higher tournaments, it is not uncommon for judges to check and match your FFG official cards to your submitted list.  You can play with fan made alt arts, but you need to be able to produce the FFG cards when requested.  The list checking/deck checking is typically done before Day 2 gets underway for those that make the cut.  My cards/deck have been checked twice when I made it to Day 2 at a System Open, and yes, my opponent had to dig out official FFG cards when he was using fan made alt arts.

I guess you are right and I consider it to be very silly.

Thanks to the Canadian National Organization for not being that a... retentive.  

On 9/26/2018 at 3:42 PM, miguelj said:

There's no official tournaments for a while.  You don't absolutely NEED them now.  Proxy them.  The FFG police will not be coming to your casual night or local tournament to stop you.

Europe's National season disagrees

Wait, there are 2-missile ships with reload besides Punishers and Bombers? And that they can be fielded in generics efficiently enough such that a better missile such as Concussion missiles could not be used?

Bullocks.

Perhaps this was an oversight by FFG, but I'm sure that it will be rectified. After all, this is the same company that made Lord and Saviour GNK droid both generic and in all packs and offers entire conversion kits for the price that some are willing to sink just to pick up trajectory simulator or Sabine Wren in ships they don't plan on flying, and slapped some 2nd edition material onto 1st edition content that in all honesty would have been priced identically without. Sure, they ain't no charity, as evidenced by Palpatine and the first years of autothrusters, but they do quickly send replacements for broken/missing parts and listen to fan requests for content/rebalancing. 

44 minutes ago, player3010587 said:

they do quickly send replacements for broken/missing parts

Not anymore apparently. Several people have reported asking for replacements for some rather serious misprints in the conversion kits and being refused because the components are 'within tolerances'. 

47 minutes ago, player3010587 said:

Wait, there are 2-missile ships with reload besides Punishers and Bombers? And that they can be fielded in generics efficiently enough such that a better missile such as Concussion missiles could not be used?

Bullocks.

Well the k wing specifically 

1 hour ago, player3010587 said:

Bullocks. 

Punisher, Bomber, TIE/Agg, and Kwings are the only doublemissile right now.

The kwing is the only argument i'd say has merit for being mad about not getting a set, even if its a lousy platform for it.

Scum players complaining about it arent paying attention to requirements. They have 0 ships that can use it.
(and i want my imperial 000 dang it...)

54 minutes ago, LordBlades said:

Not anymore apparently. Several people have reported asking for replacements for some rather serious misprints in the conversion kits and being refused because the components are 'within tolerances'. 

Well that spoils my plot to use my friends slightly iffy fenn rau base to skip getting the scum conversion atm!

22 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

Punisher, Bomber, TIE/Agg, and Kwings are the only doublemissile right now.

The kwing is the only argument i'd say has merit for being mad about not getting a set, even if its a lousy platform for it.

Scum players complaining about it arent paying attention to requirements. They have 0 ships that can use it.
(and i want my imperial 000 dang it...)

K-wing might not be the best ship for Barrage Rockets, but Barrage Rockets are the absolute best ordnance available for anyone that wants to run K-Wings.

Scum players aren’t mad about Barrage Rockets, they’re mad about the Moldy Crow title only being in the Rebel conversion kit for some reason.

25 minutes ago, player2072913 said:

In official events cards will be needed, regardless of the status of the app.

Would a printout from the official app work or is that incorrect? What was the official document that said cards are a requirement for tournaments?

If that is the case, then why leave points and upgrade slots off the cards?

Just now, Marinealver said:

Would a printout from the official app work or is that incorrect? What was the official document that said cards are a requirement for tournaments?

If that is the case, then why leave points and upgrade slots off the cards?

No, you have to have the cards.

They were left off the cards so FFG can change points and upgrades as needed without contradicting people’s printed cards.