faceyfood

Barrage Rockets..so much for not having to make purchases across Factions

One of the big draws of 2.0 for me was the idea that you could pick one faction to play and not have to buy every ship from every faction to get all the playable cards. Well I guess that was just talk because, Barrage Rockets. Only available in the Imp kit. I am more than a little perturbed by this, as it is exactly what FFG said it wasn’t going to do in 2.0. Am I missing something?

They didn’t say that every time a generic upgrade card was released that it would be available with every faction immediately. Rebels and Scum expacs will have barrage rockets within a wave or two, most likely.

And tbh it’s probably partially to make up for not having an Imperial-primary upgrade that can be used in other factions. Rebels get the Moldy Crow, which is annoying for scum-only players. Scum has BT and 000, to Imperial players’ disadvantage.

Edited by SpiderMana

4 minutes ago, faceyfood said:

I do get that they will probably be released in later waves, but I want them now.

I want more Afterburners.. I even got the Scum conversion kit.  The Fang expansion says "All the cards in this expansion are in the scum conversion kit."... but no afterburners.  So hey, at least they didn't flat out LIE about Barrage Rockets being in some kits. lol

And yeah, there is no getting around the fact that some upgrades are going to come to some factions sooner than others.  Agile Gunner and Composure are more examples.  But there is a difference between not needing to go out of faction, and every card will always be immediately available to every faction.  The logistics of the ship releases just don't permit it.  

.. Though cross faction upgrades should definitely have been duplicated in the respective conversion kits, 100% agree. 

15 minutes ago, faceyfood said:

but I want them now.

You could probably change the title of your post to this ^  

"So much for my Umpa lumpa FFG!"  would be another decent choice ?

But honestly, like others have said, the cards will come, it will just take a little time.  Or you can try and trade for them.  There is a good trading community on here with multiple trade threads running.

Good Hunting!

Barrage Rockets aren't in the Scum kit for the same reason the Imperial kit has no engine upgrades and the Rebel Kit has no trajectory simulators; They can't equip them (The Empire also can't use the Expert Handlings they got, but it's possible the Punisher had a talent slot at some point in development). The absence of barrage rockets in the Rebel Conversion kit (Where K-wings would quite like them) is odd, though. Perhaps the K-wing's second missile slot was a last minute change?

Edited by Squark

46 minutes ago, Squark said:

Barrage Rockets aren't in the Scum kit for the same reason the Imperial kit has no engine upgrades and the Rebel Kit has no trajectory simulators; They can't equip them (The Empire also can't use the Expert Handlings they got, but it's possible the Punisher had a talent slot at some point in development). The absence of barrage rockets in the Rebel Conversion kit (Where K-wings would quite like them) is odd, though. Perhaps the K-wing's second missile slot was a last minute change?

When the app launched the kwing only had one missile slot. Now the question is whether they were using a newer or older database for the ships. 

5 hours ago, faceyfood said:

I do get that they will probably be released in later waves, but I want them now.

Who knows how long it will take for these upgrades to come out in other, in-faction releases.  And even when they do, it means that the player is buying 2.0 Repacks of ships they likely already have to chase these upgrades.  Are Rebel players gonna have to buy the 2.0 Millennium Falcon pack to get Agile Gunner?  At that point, you're throwing $30 at a ship you already have and likely don't want another of, after waiting waves, all to avoid buying a $40 out-of-faction ship immediately. 

How long is that wait gonna be?  3 Months? 6 Months?  A Year?  We're talking entire tournament seasons missed without access to potentially impactful upgrades (Moldy Crow, 0-0-0, Maul, Barrage Rockets, Agile Gunner, Afterburners). 

So basically the choices are gonna be:
Hamstring yourself by waiting months and months to be able to fly the same lists people can fly right now
-or-
Go out-of-faction to get the upgrades
-or-
Proxy/Borrow as able, local community permitting

Edited by AllWingsStandyingBy

10 hours ago, Echoseven said:

You could probably change the title of your post to this ^  

"So much for my Umpa lumpa FFG!"  would be another decent choice ?

Insert veruca-salt.gif?

Edit: oh hey look, it's the perpetually confused ace Defender pilot!  Hi there perpetually confused ace Defender pilot!

Edited by FTS Gecko

12 hours ago, Echoseven said:

But honestly, like others have said, the cards will come, it will just take a little time. 

It's entirely possible that for some cards it will take a lot longer than 'a little' time. Like Moldy Crow for example. 

7 hours ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:

Hamstring yourself by waiting months and months to be able to fly the same lists people can fly right now
-or-
-or-
Proxy/Borrow as able, local community permitting

Or buy the singles for a few $ a card.  If you really want one or two specifics, don't buy a whole box, there are folk buying and breaking out conversion kits.  Help their capitalist agenda, buy cards for $2.00 a pop.

26 minutes ago, Dreadai said:

Or buy the singles for a few $ a card.  If you really want one or two specifics, don't buy a whole box, there are folk buying and breaking out conversion kits.  Help their capitalist agenda, buy cards for $2.00 a pop.

Yeah... the desirable ones will not be $2. Demand is too high. Ebay showed Maul at 8 and 0-0-0 and the Moldy Crow at 10.

Edited by Squark

On 9/25/2018 at 11:04 PM, AllWingsStandyingBy said:

Who knows how long it will take for these upgrades to come out in other, in-faction releases.  And even when they do, it means that the player is buying 2.0 Repacks of ships they likely already have to chase these upgrades.  Are Rebel players gonna have to buy the 2.0 Millennium Falcon pack to get Agile Gunner?  At that point, you're throwing $30 at a ship you already have and likely don't want another of, after waiting waves, all to avoid buying a $40 out-of-faction ship immediately. 

How long is that wait gonna be?  3 Months? 6 Months?  A Year?  We're talking entire tournament seasons missed without access to potentially impactful upgrades (Moldy Crow, 0-0-0, Maul, Barrage Rockets, Agile Gunner, Afterburners). 

-or-
-or-
Proxy/Borrow as able, local community

Edited by TasteTheRainbow

scum dont even have a double missile user....you CANT use barrage even if you wanted to.

Kwing initially didnt even have a 2nd missile either, they probably decided to add that back in later in development after things were already sent to the printer. It wouldnt be a good platform for them anyway, once you pass them initially they will rarely get front arc on you unless you leave them alone to spend 2-3 turns coming around super wide.

1 hour ago, Squark said:

Yeah... the desirable ones will not be $2. Demand is too high. Ebay showed Maul at 8 and 0-0-0 and the Moldy Crow at 10.

Yea, and those are the desirable uniques... which no one needs more than one of and anyone who's bought two conversion kits will have extras lying around to sell.

Let's see the secondary market for things like Agile Gunner, Barrage Rockets, and the like. 

Dredai's $2 a card... ?     Hey Dredai, I'll buy those cards for $4 from you!  Double value, instant profit!

Edited by AllWingsStandyingBy

15 hours ago, faceyfood said:

There's no official tournaments for a while.  You don't absolutely NEED them now.  Proxy them.  The FFG police will not be coming to your casual night or local tournament to stop you.

You could honestly buy the kits for just what you want and part out the rest if you're feeling entrepreneurial. There is a massive market for the swarm-y ships and even some of the bigger ones who come with 1 generic (Jumpmaster, Lambda, etc). 

8 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

Kwing initially didnt even have a 2nd missile either, they probably decided to add that back in later in development after things were already sent to the printer. It wouldnt be a good platform for them anyway, once you pass them initially they will rarely get front arc on you unless you leave them alone to spend 2-3 turns coming around super wide.

SLAM and bombs to deter tailgaters. The platform only has mid to low initiative pilots and isn't going to keep much in arc for two straight rounds of firing, so the focus requirement makes barrage rockets one of the only decent choices. K-Wing's are a bit overpriced though, so you are right that they aren't a good platform.

Perceptive Esege with Proton Bombs and Barrage Rockets is alright, but 71 points is an awful high price for Range 2 locked focus shuffling. At least it allows for exceptionally good information because you don't actually have to pass the token until they use it. 

Oh yeah, bought a few cards recently myself. Instinctive Aim seems like it might need another source in the future. Seems like a good card at a bargain price, but only one in the core and none anywhere else? Hmm. 

Anyway, about $5 per barrage rocket card after S+H from Ebay. 

Edited by RebelProfundity