Sign in to follow this  
JohnBoo

What is considered a "failed action"?

Thinking in the context of Composure and the topic in the main forum. Seems to me you can rarely ever fail an action?

2.0 Lock will almost never fail as there will most likely be something - Enemy or friendly ship, obstacle in range 3.

Focus, calculate or evade or reinforce as long as you aren't stressed.

Which pretty much leaves you to boost or barrel roll.

<EDIT - Here's where I go wrong and should have read the rules first!>

Barrel roll, sure might fail if you can't roll one way, but (heres where I may have it wrong) aren't you required to barrel roll any way you can, even if you must roll the opposite side to complete the action you chose? Same with boost - you have 3 different forward moves, and sure its possible all 3 could be blocked but its possible to complete a boost somehow usually.

Edited by JohnBoo
I read the rules AFTER I posted!

3 minutes ago, JohnBoo said:

Thinking in the context of Composure and the topic in the main forum. Seems to me you can rarely ever fail an action?

2.0 Lock will almost never fail as there will most likely be something - Enemy or friendly ship, obstacle in range 3.

Focus, calculate or evade or reinforce as long as you aren't stressed.

Which pretty much leaves you to boost or barrel roll.

Barrel roll, sure might fail if you can't roll one way, but (heres where I may have it wrong) aren't you required to barrel roll any way you can, even if you must roll the opposite side to complete the action you chose? Same with boost - you have 3 different forward moves, and sure its possible all 3 could be blocked but its possible to complete a boost somehow usually.

For Boost & Roll you have to declare a direction first and if you can’t complete that, it fails.

2 minutes ago, Innese said:

For Boost & Roll you have to declare a direction first and if you can’t complete that, it fails.

I was JUST re-reading the rules lol - yes thank you. you declare the direction first and cannot choose to fail if you are able to pull off the move.

Nothing to see here!

Although, still, Composure doesn't seem likely to trigger all that much.

Would composure trigger off of Turr Phennir's after attack boost or barrel roll?  If the action fails, could he get a focus action when A) not stressed, and/or B) stressed?

I am assuming that if Turr has already done a focus action for the round, and that focus was spent for attack or defense.  Composure would not trigger.

I am thinking that A) would trigger if after attack boost/roll fails and focus action wasn't done this round.

I am guessing B) would not work, since stressed.  Turr can do the boost/roll if stressed, but I am guessing if those fail the stress prevents composure trigger.  Does this sound right?