Sign in to follow this  
Rouxxor

The Ghost of Framsburg

I take back Rosie as a good target, I was thinking you would give her willpower boosts and get double duty out of her, but when people do that it is because they have sword thained her which nullifies the attachment. 

My point was in line with what others have clarified, just play a 2 cost ally with 2 willpower. 

But maybe we will get some better targets for it.

2 hours ago, Wandalf the Gizzard said:

Sorry, Don't need massive willpower.

Massive willpower I agree, but without Dáin most Dwarves in Spirit/Tactics (which would appear to be the main spheres in the mining archetype, considering Thorin) have a huge lack of willpower IMO. Untroubled is good, but an event and thus not reliable as normal, regular amounts of willpower are. Some hypothetical attachment that read "Response: After one or more cards are discarded from the top of your deck, Dwarf allies you control get +1 willpower until the end of the round (Limit once per round)" would be perfect.

I think Valiant Determination is good in a Dale deck, one with Brand son of Bain. With the +1 Willpower to allies with a player attachment, even low willpower allies can chip in and serve another function. Guardian of Esgaroth would a a 3/2/2/2 that doesn’t exhaust to quest. It’s 4 resources, but Dale has a way to make allies cheaper. If a few more good Dale allies show up, it could be very strong. 

27 minutes ago, Gizlivadi said:

Some hypothetical attachment that read "Response: After one or more cards are discarded from the top of your deck, Dwarf allies you control get +1 willpower until the end of the round (Limit once per round)" would be perfect.

That+Leadership Dain+King under the Mountain would be kinda crazy.

15 hours ago, Gizlivadi said:

As for @TheSpitfired point: As much as MECCG had Fram as a playable character, he's way out of timeline for our game. My money is on Fram being the final boss in the scenario, the eponymous Ghost of Framsburg we have to fight in order to get Wormsbane. Why would he impede us from getting it and slaying a dragon? Well, ghosts grow surly in their tombs and we are grave-robbing him. He might want to "test" our worthiness for using his legendary sword by fighting us. Makes sense IMO.

Heh. For some reason I had the distinct impression that Fram Framson in MECCG was the descendant of the Fram Framson that killed Scatha. No idea where I got that from, I see it might not be the case seeing the timeline of events.

At any rate, I like your theory and will take it! :) 

7 hours ago, player1683311 said:

Wait I thought this was the guy who slew the dragon and who the rohirrim were descended from, is that not correct?

Yes, which is why I don’t think he could have a descendent named Fram Framson still living in Framsburg. 

The one in the Middle Earth CCG must have been that very one.

9 hours ago, player1683311 said:

Wait I thought this was the guy who slew the dragon and who the rohirrim were descended from, is that not correct?

Related, not necessarily descended from, but yes. The Rohirrim/Eotheod, Beornings, woodmen, and men of Dale/Esgaroth were all close in blood.