gadwag

PSA: Cheap card storage option

I never want to touch a binder again. Nothing is easier than a box like this. I have a 3-row box to fit pilots, upgrades, and miscellaneous inside. 

Just sort things alphabetically after faction or upgrade type, and you'll never have to rearrange a binder ever again. 

6 hours ago, DarthHenryAllen said:

I've used the box with dividers for a couple of games now and I'm liking it. Feels a bit faster to find things and put them away in general. The exception is if you have a big section, like I have all of my talents in one section. For that case it can take longer than I'd like to find a card. I probably just need to sub-divide the talents somehow (probably alphabetically, like A-E in one section and so on). Aside from that though, I'm liking it so far. 

CardStorage-Reduced.thumb.jpg.dfc4c0f2c4c2ffa3e32f473231009939.jpg

The ship symbols - is this a custom font or images?

My game store had these plastic Dragon Shield lidded card boxes that hold up to 300 sleeved cards. They have three dividers inside making four compartments and have different colors (so color-coded like Orange for Rebels, Black for Empire, Red for F/O, and more). I picked up two just to see how much I like them. They aren't as cheap as the cardboard long boxes though; this store wanted $8 a box. 

4 hours ago, Arttemis said:

I never want to touch a binder again. Nothing is easier than a box like this. I have a 3-row box to fit pilots, upgrades, and miscellaneous inside. 

Just sort things alphabetically after faction or upgrade type, and you'll never have to rearrange a binder ever again. 

Amen, brother!  A few years of MtG and I'm on the same page.  I hate binders.  I have found this to be so much easier. 

On 9/24/2018 at 2:17 PM, BDrafty said:

I told my future wife that I'd propose to her all over again...for another box to put more x-wing stuff in. She didn't think it was as funny as I did.

You mean your future ex-wife!

j/k! Hopefully she'll embrace your geekiness. Best wishes to you both!

15 hours ago, DarthHenryAllen said:

I've used the box with dividers for a couple of games now and I'm liking it. Feels a bit faster to find things and put them away in general. The exception is if you have a big section, like I have all of my talents in one section. For that case it can take longer than I'd like to find a card. I probably just need to sub-divide the talents somehow (probably alphabetically, like A-E in one section and so on). Aside from that though, I'm liking it so far. 

CardStorage-Reduced.thumb.jpg.dfc4c0f2c4c2ffa3e32f473231009939.jpg

That is stupid slick. Very nice divider system best I’ve seen.

4 hours ago, wurms said:

b5DCqWr.jpg

Very nice. How are you handling cross faction crew/gunners like Maul,0-0-0, and BT-1? Just putting them with their primary faction I guess? I ended up just splitting crew into unique and non-unique instead of neutral and then by faction but I'm undecided which approach I like better.

welcome to magic player storage. I have two of the 4lane versions of those for magic lol.

Theyre not that great for finding cards, xwing has few enough cards where the binder thing is easy enough to not be a bother. Regular card games, yeah these boxes are better than binders.

2 hours ago, LagJanson said:

I don't suppose you kept a copy of your print file for that, would you? That's exactly what I wanted to do, but haven't taken the time to firm up measurements

Not my work, someone posted over on reddit. I did have to cut about half inch off bottom of each divider.

I've finally solved my dial storage dilemma: glad wrap / baking paper boxes. Take the tube out and it's just the right size.

A 30cm long box will have enough space for all the dials in a conversion kit and then some (most of these boxes are 30 or 33 cm long)

The new dials will just about fit in a box designed for a 30m long roll. They will push against the sides a little though, so if you are planning on putting heavy stuff right on top of the box or if you want a little extra space you might want to spring for a larger box. I haven't measured yet to see if a 60m box is too big.

Now I just need to find a box for my base inserts and I'm set.

On 10/4/2018 at 10:44 PM, gadwag said:

I've finally solved my dial storage dilemma: glad wrap / baking paper boxes. Take the tube out and it's just the right size.

A 30cm long box will have enough space for all the dials in a conversion kit and then some (most of these boxes are 30 or 33 cm long)

The new dials will just about fit in a box designed for a 30m long roll. They will push against the sides a little though, so if you are planning on putting heavy stuff right on top of the box or if you want a little extra space you might want to spring for a larger box. I haven't measured yet to see if a 60m box is too big.

Now I just need to find a box for my base inserts and I'm set.

2 hours ago, gadwag said:

https://imgur.com/a/Ds27x6P

I've finally sorted out all my cardboard!

Looks great!

Interesting idea about the foil box for dials. I was thinking of putting dials and small/medium bases sorted with the pilot cards for a unified storage solution, but I'll try this and compare.

Edited by Arttemis