Comte Oseric

Any ways to make e-wing less ''mehhh'' in V2.0?

They really do seem about 10 points too expensive, don't they? At least for the generics.

Dial is slightly better than an X-Wing, but with less blue, and one more agility. Native Evade and Roll, plus links into locks (roll out of arc or evade when you don't have a shot, gain a lock as setup), but ship ability that prevents them using it at r1. And a Sensor slot, for...?

And that all costs them twenty points. Unless there's some dope Astros or Sensors in their re-release.

Horn is good if you can feed him actions. Try running him with AP5 and Fenn. Fenn coordinates boost or barrel roll to help get the bullseye lined up. I have flown it a few times with APT, FCS, Pred, R2, Afterburners Horn and a healthy 8 point bid. Horn feels really powerful this way. The major weakness is keeping the pedes up. Lots of fun, but not sure if I would call it top teir. Seasoned Nav/R4 on Fenn is really good btw. I agree that no locks @ R1 is bad. It comes into play enough to notice.

40 minutes ago, svelok said:

Dial is slightly better than an X-Wing, but with less blue

Are you mad ... their dial is miles better than the x-wing dial ... if you add an R4 astro it's clearly the best dial in the game, even without, it has so many options they barely all fit on there ... it's crazy good!

The whole ship, and dial are designed to be a hit and run fighter. Line up the attack run, cruise in with double modded shots and then 5 straight, boost, TL and circle back around for the next run ... flying it like a cheap blocker or knife fighter will guarantee you don't get the best out of it. Fly it like it is designed!

Edited by Dreadai

It IS horribly overcosted. In a meta where everything dies easier than in 1.0 and extra ships tend to be more valuable than extra upgrades, it doesn't seem to have a place. Sure, you can run a couple of them with torps and get a nice alpha but if the opponent flies 4 Xwings he won't be deterred by a couple of torps. He'll jut eat the first salvo and likely trade an Xwing for an Ewing. Not a good trade at all for the Ewing player. 

As for setting torp alphas, I'd definitely prefer a couple of cheap Ywings, Bodhi and an Awing flanker. Way more ships, way more hull and less prone to cold dice.

23 hours ago, millertime059 said:

One of their biggest problems is they have the worst linked action possible. It might be decent for lower I pilots, but for ones like Corran, as likely as not, it makes them unable to use it.

Its like they looked at the linked actions, saw no ship with the ability to link into target lock, and said ‘give it to the E-wing’. I don’t see taking a linked action ever being a thing on E-wings.

This. Why would an E-Wing need to boost into a target lock? It can already lock beyond range 3. Thry can't fix it either as it is on thr cards. Awful design.

Just now, Boris_the_Dwarf said:

Maybe they can make a $30 card pack that fixes it with specific cards...

Maybe they can use the system they built to change costs and slots.

Lets wait a little bit for the first repricing. I'm sure it'll get out at worst for Wave 2 launch.

Just now, Giledhil said:

No they can't. Unless every object on the table is at R1 ^^

"Measure to any number of targets, and chose one."

0 is a number. You dont get to premasure for the TL, though, since you measured to 0 targets.

2 minutes ago, Rakaydos said:

"Measure to any number of targets, and chose one."

0 is a number. You dont get to premasure for the TL, though, since you measured to 0 targets.

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/2a/57/2a57fdb2-e13f-4d58-b9db-bb082dd23dcc/swzrulesreference_v102.pdf

See clarification on FAQ page :)

(and anyway "Chose zero" isn't the same as "chose one")

Edited by Giledhil

12 minutes ago, Porkchop Express said:

This. Why would an E-Wing need to boost into a target lock? It can already lock beyond range 3. Thry can't fix it either as it is on thr cards. Awful design.

Someone pointed out the Punisher has the same linked action, boost into lock. However there, it makes more sense. Not totally useless. In fact on Deathrain I could even see it being good.

3 minutes ago, Giledhil said:

Nope. See rules clarification about failing a red action (p3). It gives stress.

Found the problem. you're linking to the Upcoming Rules Reference, not the Rules reference.

We still have 4 days of composure working. (until 9/28)

24 minutes ago, Porkchop Express said:

As @Dreadai already pointed out, boosting away and getting the target lock back for your next run doesn’t sound bad at all. Even makes it less necessary to bring FCS, if you’re making runs instead of trying to stay in the fight the whole time. I’m very interested in trying this out.

19 minutes ago, Giledhil said:

15 minutes ago, Rakaydos said:

Oh well, guess I have to go back to triple action Awings. (Target lock->failed boost, Composure focus to Boost)

Check that document again. On page 3 under Actions it says: Actions are either white or red. After a ship performs or fails a red action, it gains one stress token.

This unfortunately makes Composure useless for covering a linked boost/br or Vectored Thrusters/Autothrusters since you still get the stress from failing a red action, which blocks the free focus action granted by Composure. 

Edited by nitrobenz
Ninja'd

Just now, nitrobenz said:

Check that document again. On page 3 under Actions it says: Actions are either white or red. After a ship performs or fails a red action, it gains one stress token.

This unfortunately makes Composure useless for covering a linked boost/br or Vectored Thrusters/Autothrusters since you still get the stress from failing a red action, which blocks the free focus action granted by Composure. 

Not quite yet. I will cower behind the old rules reference for 4 more days.

$$$.

They just cost too much.

Gaining an agility but losing an HP (Say, TIE to Z-95) is about equal in points, so an E-Wing is, by stat line, is probably not that far different than what an X-Wing plus an extra hit point upgrade would be.  The actions are nicer on an E-Wing, without having to close the wings, and while the linked TL actions aren't the best, they still have more action economy than a lot of ships get.  Experimental Scanners plus the better action bar is just not worth the 20 point cost premium over an X-Wing.

Personally, I think they ought to be closer to 51 points for a generic.  With the X-Wing, they made a choice that they didn't want 5 per squad, and that seems fair.  If they want to decide they don't want 4 E-Wings, that's also fair.  At 10 points more than an X-Wing, an E-Wing is kinda a viable alternative.

Consider: a 51 point E-Wing could carry Proton Torpedos, R3 Astromech, and Fire Control System for 66 points.  That's probably be solid.  Or perhaps upgrade to a pair of Init 4 Rogues and Gavin, add Crack Shot, drop R3 to R4, and lose one set of Proton Torpedos.  I think that'd be a really hard hitting squad.  Only 3 ships, 18 total health, but probably hard to lose a ship before it shoots. Maybe that's a little too good, but they're certainly 8-10 points overpriced.

That's it.

1 minute ago, nitrobenz said:

Not really the stress and Composure happen at the same timing : "after you failed the action". So the player gets to choose the order. Then Focus before stress.