dsul413

For everyone saying two ship lists are dead...

From what we saw on stream there was a lot of variety, other than the Boba Guri list being on for the last two streams. 

I think the list was something like:

(80) Boba Fett
(3) 0-0-0
(3) Marauder
(6) Shield Upgrade
(2) Debris Gambit
(4) Han Solo
(5) Proton Bombs
Points 103

(62) Guri
(8) Advanced Sensors
(6) Outmaneuver
Points 76

Total points: 179

not positive about debris gambit and Guri other than advanced sensors, im blanking after a long day. He had a sizable bid for sure.

I flew like an abosulte clown all game (tired and drunk) and lost by 7 mov because he pulled a Direct on the last turn.

I wouldn't put a whole lot of analysis into this event with a sample of 1.

OTOH, The average IQ of a forum denzien is likely double-digits below 100, so you guys will probably take this win as gospel.

15 minutes ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

I flew like an abosulte clown all game (tired and drunk) and lost by 7 mov because he pulled a Direct on the last turn.

OTOH, The average IQ of a forum denzien is likely double-digits below 100, so you guys will probably take this win as gospel.

The dude screwed up with Guri, but he pretty much did what he had to do.  Take out the Shuttle pick off strikers outside of Sloane bubble, and keep Boba alive.  The last turn was a bonehead play that was bailed by luck, but if he stayed at Range 1 like he should have, the result would have been the same.

Edit:  I don't think a 2 ship list is the future of the game, but it was largely played well.

Edited by Biophysical

I don't think two ship lists are the future of the game, and I don't think we need to overanalyze the results, but most of the interwebs had written them off completely. I think this still shows that smaller lists can hang when flown pretty well. I haven't been flying two ship at all, because my ships tend to evaporate from decisions that are too aggressive.

Both players made mistakes in the game, and variance is going to play a role. That includes the direct hit at the end, but the loss isn't solely from that card pull.

42 minutes ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

You still would have lost if he didn't boost. Don't act like his win was dumb luck, he played solid. And he put up with your sloppy play with class. 

Just now, Crit Happens said:

You still would have lost if he didn't boost. Don't act like his win was dumb luck, he played solid. And he put up with your sloppy play with class. 

Drunk man plays sloppy, breaking news. 

Edited by Kaptin Krunch

Leebo & Roark is a monstrous list to face... It won 2 games 200-0, won against me 200-70 and I'm not sure about the 4th game he had at the store tournament.
Wiped the floor with everyone, its crazy.

Leebo: 3PO, Outrider, Rigged Cargo Chute, Han Gunner

Roark: Trick shot, Moldy Crow, Engine upgrade, Cassian 

Leebo would be one of the cases where an update would be nice: limit of 1 calculate token at any time :p 

Edited by Kalandros

8 minutes ago, Kalandros said:

Leebo would be one of the cases where an update would be nice: limit of 1 calculate token at any time ?

Umm, I think the card is pretty clear: "After you defend or perform an attack, if you spent a calculate token, gain 1 calculate token." This type of language is always used to mean: "If you spend any amount of calculate tokens, gain 1 calculate token." In other words, you can only ever gain 1. Yes, you can use it the whole turn to have 1 calculate token that never goes away, but you can never gain more than 1 at any given time. If he played it differently, I am 99% sure he was incorrect.

30 minutes ago, Kalandros said:

Leebo & Roark is a monstrous list to face... It won 2 games 200-0, won against me 200-70 and I'm not sure about the 4th game he had at the store tournament.

Leebo would be one of the cases where an update would be nice: limit of 1 calculate token at any time ?

I honestly can't tell if you're joking

13 minutes ago, defkhan1 said:

I honestly can't tell if you're joking

He's not joking. I already knew Leebo and C3P0 was a brutal combo, but this player figured out how to abuse Han Solo Gunner at the same time. As of right now, RAW, this build let's Leebo double tap out the same arc at Initiative 7. That is crazy and clearly not RAI, but RAW wins out here. I expect FFG to FAQ this as soon as they get wind of this interaction.

53 minutes ago, Kalandros said:

Is Roark in his own arc? Pr is Han for after Roark dies

11 hours ago, SirCormac said:

Umm, I think the card is pretty clear: "After you defend or perform an attack, if you spent a calculate token, gain 1 calculate token." This type of language is always used to mean: "If you spend any amount of calculate tokens, gain 1 calculate token." In other words, you can only ever gain 1. Yes, you can use it the whole turn to have 1 calculate token that never goes away, but you can never gain more than 1 at any given time. If he played it differently, I am 99% sure he was incorrect.

C-3PO gives a second Calculate token when you take a Calculate action. He basically gives whatever ship he's on the Advanced Droid Brain ability of the IG-88s, in addition to his "guess out loud ability" which is amazing on Leebo because you have a pretty good chance of rolling one Evade on two green dice. So Leebo will often have two Calculate tokens.

I don't think Leebo's ability gives more than one Calculate token though. I didn't see the match; if he was replacing two after one attack that's probably incorrect play.

Edited by pkreynolds

I didn't really think that these super ships would be a thing in 2.0. But after a few games, it's clear that it's still a thing. Both versions of Han, Lando, Leebo, Boba can all be built with extreme action efficiency on their own, as well as being super tanky. 

I was hoping these levels of combos would only be possible with support ships, but rebels and scum seem to get away with independent super ships, allowing 2 ship builds to be viable. 

Has everyone come to their senses yet, and realized that rebels are just fine? Also, when do we admit that this game hasn't actually changed all that much?

4 minutes ago, Crit Happens said:

I didn't really think that these super ships would be a thing in 2.0. But after a few games, it's clear that it's still a thing. Both versions of Han, Lando, Leebo, Boba can all be built with extreme action efficiency on their own, as well as being super tanky. 

I was hoping these levels of combos would only be possible with support ships, but rebels and scum seem to get away with independent super ships, allowing 2 ship builds to be viable. 

Has everyone come to their senses yet, and realized that rebels are just fine? Also, when do we admit that this game hasn't actually changed all that much?

I agree. The Devs talked an awful lot about how they wanted token stacking and fully modded shots to be rare or difficult but there are definitely quite a few ways to accomplish both of those things pretty easily.