Mandalorian27

Roark/Han gunner

What do you guys think of this interaction. I played a game today where my opponent had this combination on Leebo with C-3PO. So basically, Roark allows Leebo to shoot at Initiative 7, and then he fires from the same ARC with Han at Initiative 7 in that specific order. I guess it is allowed...

What do you guys think? 

All this while having infinite (max 2 at a time calculate tokens with the interaction between 3PO and Leebo). He uses it on offence, he regens atleast 1. If he uses 3-PO's ability by spending one, he'll regain one. He uses it on defence, he regains one. That is fine, but 3-PO is not like in V1 where he is once a turn

13 minutes ago, Kalandros said:

Were we in the same store championship? ? Thats what I lost to in the 4th round, bumping down from a possible first to 3rd place~

Its definitely insanely good and somewhat disappointing to see in V2

Quite possibly! We had a good tight game ?

8 minutes ago, player3049613 said:

He can only ever regen 1 calculate token per use. He spends one for 3-PO and one to turn a focus into an evade he only gets one back.

Yes, that's for sure, but this allows him an unlimited use of 3PO in a turn

2 hours ago, Mandalorian27 said:

What do you guys think of this interaction. I played a game today where my opponent had this combination on Leebo with C-3PO. So basically, Roark allows Leebo to shoot at Initiative 7, and then he fires from the same ARC with Han at Initiative 7 in that specific order. I guess it is allowed...

What do you guys think? 

All this while having infinite (max 2 at a time calculate tokens with the interaction between 3PO and Leebo). He uses it on offence, he regens atleast 1. If he uses 3-PO's ability by spending one, he'll regain one. He uses it on defence, he regains one. That is fine, but 3-PO is not like in V1 where he is once a turn

As a lover of the HWK-290 (The Scum one anyone) and YT-2400, I'm curious about this list! DO you remember what other upgrades he had? I have a tournament tomorrow and this seems like a lot of dumb fun.

28 minutes ago, Innese said:

As a lover of the HWK-290 (The Scum one anyone) and YT-2400, I'm curious about this list! DO you remember what other upgrades he had? I have a tournament tomorrow and this seems like a lot of dumb fun.

Trust me, it's not that fun to play against ? 

It was something along the lines of

Leebo: 3PO, Outrider, Rigged Cargo Chute, Han Gunner

Roark: Trick shot, Moldy Crow, Engine upgrade, Cassian 

1 hour ago, Mandalorian27 said:

Trust me, it's not that fun to play against ? 

It was something along the lines of

Leebo: 3PO, Outrider, Rigged Cargo Chute, Han Gunner

Roark: Trick shot, Moldy Crow, Engine upgrade, Cassian 

That's 200 points exactly:  View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

And might I say, that's also a very, very dirty use of initiative 7 shots. ;)

Edited by emeraldbeacon

Unfortunately, I don't really see how it doesn't work. My guess is FFG will FAQ Han Gunner to say that he takes precedent over all ties (including an opponent's Heightened Perception) and simple, well, 'shoots first' (other than a tie with an opponent's Han Gunner). This would probably be the easiest fix, and return the card to it's intended play. Clearly this interaction was missed by the playtesters.

17 minutes ago, SirCormac said:

Unfortunately, I don't really see how it doesn't work. My guess is FFG will FAQ Han Gunner to say that he takes precedent over all ties (including an opponent's Heightened Perception) and simple, well, 'shoots first' (other than a tie with an opponent's Han Gunner). This would probably be the easiest fix, and return the card to it's intended play. Clearly this interaction was missed by the playtesters.

I don't see it as a missed interaction, as much as a very expensive, very potent combo.  You're basically dumping your entire squad's value into one 4-dice double-tap before your opponent gets to shoot... but you have to get that one great shot with Leebo (hopefully you can get someone in your Range 2 sweet spot), AND keep Roark's arc painting the Outrider, AND hope that Threepio can keep you alive in the meantime.  If you can't get those calculate tokens every round, you're going to be in a whole heap of trouble... and if your five-health HWK-290 gets melted down, your double-tap is history.

As it stands, Han gives you an Init 7 bonus attack with turret restrictions, while Roark adjusts your regular combat initiative to 7.  No reason why you couldn't take your regular engagement at 7, then use Han's "shoot first" ability to... well... shoot first again? ;)

You engage Leebo at range 3 behind a rock, with Roak at range 2-3 behind him. You get at least 2 round of shooting before they get to Roak, And he can 4forward +Wboost behind another rock out of some arc with 2 focus for defence...   and you get 4 dice shoots while they run after the HWK.  And if the HWK is finally down... you still get 1 shoot at I7

7 hours ago, emeraldbeacon said:

I don't see it as a missed interaction, as much as a very expensive, very potent combo.  You're basically dumping your entire squad's value into one 4-dice double-tap before your opponent gets to shoot... but you have to get that one great shot with Leebo (hopefully you can get someone in your Range 2 sweet spot), AND keep Roark's arc painting the Outrider, AND hope that Threepio can keep you alive in the meantime.  If you can't get those calculate tokens every round, you're going to be in a whole heap of trouble... and if your five-health HWK-290 gets melted down, your double-tap is history.

Edited by KR0NN

Related Question, does Han Gunner count as a bonus attack?
For example, say  I had Han Gunner on a VCX with a docked attack shuttle.
Could I shoot my turret with Han, then shoot the attack shuttle butt shot, then shoot again at the ps of the VCX Pilot?

For 140 pts I am sure I can find a way to generate more than 8 red dice a turn and more than 10 health. Yeah, this is gimmicky and it is effective but what it is not is cheap. This list loses to ionization lists, list that can block and prevent an action, vet list that can reposition into range 1.

This list does put down the notion that calculate is trash. Calculate simply gives some design space for interesting droid pilots like Leebo.