Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
OldGrayRat

Game mode: Extended vs Second Edition

Recommended Posts

I have been trying to think of a reason where this makes sense.  The point of the conversion boxes was to make the first edition ships playable in second edition, so why limit a second edition game format to only those ships that have a 2.0 re-release?

I can understand a first edition and second edition game mode, but just can't see the use of the current setup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2018 at 8:49 PM, OldGrayRat said:

why limit a second edition game format to only those ships that have a 2.0 re-release?

Because there is (or will be) a tournament format for only 2.0 re-released ships, so the builder needs to support that format.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, papy72 said:

Because there is (or will be) a tournament format for only 2.0 re-released ships, so the builder needs to support that format.

I get that you could have a tournament format for just rebranded ships, but that just sounds like a custom format (select only ships released starting with 2.0).  Also, as more ships that were converted from the first edition are re-released, you make less of a need for the extended format.

It just feels like there could have been a better design, maybe like normal, tournament, variant (or scenarios), and custom.  Then you have a normal game play mode, and the other three have their own options under them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, OldGrayRat said:

I get that you could have a tournament format for just rebranded ships, but that just sounds like a custom format (select only ships released starting with 2.0).  Also, as more ships that were converted from the first edition are re-released, you make less of a need for the extended format.

It just feels like there could have been a better design, maybe like normal, tournament, variant (or scenarios), and custom.  Then you have a normal game play mode, and the other three have their own options under them.

I suspect that what will eventually happen is that the Second Edition mode will become the standard after all the re-releases are done, and the Extended mode will go away.  But yes, a better overall design would have been nice, but it doesn't look like any significant effort went into making the app a premier product.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×