ThatRobHuman

How big is your collection?

I'd tell you what i have "acquired" for the Rebel Alliance, but then i'd have to kill you...

joking of course.  My usual rule of thumb is 3 each for squadron packs, small ships and medium ships, with 2 each for large ships and flotillas.  Throw in the 3 core sets of rebel ships i have as well and it's a pretty substantial...Armada ?

14 hours ago, TallGiraffe said:

Is this like Alcoholics Anonymous meeting but with Armada?

Hi, I'm Rob.

I've not bought anything related to Armada in 3 days.

I currently own the following:

3 Core Sets
3 AFmk2 Expansions
2 CR-90 Expansions
2 GR-75 Expansions
4 MC-30a Expansions
3 MC-80 Home One Expansions
2 MC-80 Liberty Expansions
2 Nebulon-B Expansions
3 Quasar-Fire Expansions
3 Gladiator Expansions
3 Gozanti Expansions
2 Chimera Expansions
3 ISD Expansions
6 Raider Expansions
3 Interdictor Expansions
2 MC-75 Expansions
5 Rogues and Villians Expansions
3 Rebel Fighter 1 Expansions
4 Imperial Fighter 1 Expansions
1 Corellian Conflict Expansion

Countless Mel's Miniature ships...

Edit: Forgot about the Quasar Fires.

Edited by ThatRobHuman

I'm slowly but surely making my way through the imperial expansions, I play with my brother and he is a rebel (mon cal) person. I currently have the

ISD expansion

Imperial light cruiser expansion

gladiator 

raider 

and core set

so not a lot but I have a tight budget and also the ssd is looking okay, with a sale I might add that, otherwise on to everything else. 

Currently I'm at 70 ships (35 Imperial, 35 Alliance) and 168 squadrons (88 Imperial, 80 Alliance).

Ships:

7 Imperial Star Destroyers including 1 Chimaera, 4 Victory Star Destroyers (2 from Core Sets), 3 Interdictor Cruisers, 4 Quasar-Fire Cruiser-Carriers, 3 Gladiator Star Destroyers, 5 Arquitens Cruisers, 5 Raider Corvettes, and 4 Gozanti Cruisers.

3 MC80 Home One Cruisers, 3 MC80 Liberty Cruisers, 2 MC 75 Cruisers, 3 AFII Frigates, 3 MC30c Frigates, 2 Pelta Class Vessels, 4 Nebulon-B Frigates (2 from Core Sets), 6 Hammerhead Corvettes, 5 CR90 Corvettes (2 from Core Sets), and 4 GR75 Transports. 

Squadrons:

5 Rebel I sets, 2 Rebel II sets, 5 Imperial I sets, 2 Imperial II sets, 4 Rogue and Villains sets, X-Wings and Tie Fighters from 2 Core Sets, 2 additional VT-49 Decimators, and 2 Gauntlet squadrons. 

I also have 1 Corellian Conflict Campaign Expansion.

I'm planning to add a few more ships before the SSD (Getting 2) is released in the spring...another Imperial Star Destroyer and four more MC style cruisers are on the list currently.   I'm also thinking about picking up a Scarif Gate and some Purrgils from Mel's as well. 

Edited by WigTii

Lets's see:

Rebel:

9 Nebulon-Bs

8 CR90s

5 Liberty MC80s

3 Home One MC80s

2 Assault Frigates

2 MC30s

2 Peltas

2 Hammerheads

2 GR75s

1 MC-75

Empire:

4 ISDs (1 Chimaera)

4 VSDs

3 Raiders

2 Interdictors

2 Arquitens

2 Gozantis

2 Gladiators

1 Quasar-Fire

Mel Miniatures:

MC80b Mon Remonda

Nebula Star Destroyer

Quasar-Fire

Lancer Frigate

Hi, my name is Robert, and I broke down and bought something Armada-related today (ship trays). *returns hard won two-week chip*

2 x Core Sets

3 x Assault Frigate Expansions

7 x CR90 Expansions

5 x Nebulon-B Expansions

5 x Rebel Squadron Expansions

2 x Gladiator Expansions

2 x VSD Expansions

5 x Imperial Squadron Expansions

2 x MC80 Expansions

5 x MC30 Expansions

3 x ISD Expansions

4 x Raider Expansions

8 x Rogues & Villains Expansions

2 x GR75 Expansions

2 x Gozanti Expansions

3 x MC80L Expansions

2 x Interdictor Expansions

4 x Pelta Expansions

4 x Arquitens Expansions

4 x Rebel Squadron II Expansions

4 x Imperial Squadron II Expansions

2 x Hammerhead Expansions

2 x Quasar Expansions

3 x MC75 Expansions

1 x Chimaera Expansion

1 x Corellian Conflict

(with 2 x Super Star Destroyer Expansions already on pre-order. Couldn't pass up getting two when my FLGS was selling them for $125 each)

Lurker here,

I have a core set, CR 90 expansion, Assault Frigate, VSD expansion,  Rogues and Villains, and two Rebel I fighter expansion packs.  I want more, but I don't play enough to justify it at the moment. 

If/when I get around to finishing painting all my fighters  I will probably get more fighter squadrons.  Its enough to play games at home that are slightly bigger than the core set, and one of these days I will actually make it to a tournament and get to play with my full rebel fleet.  When that happens Home one may get added to the collection as well.

I, I'm Bruno, and I did not buy anything Armada-related since May 5th (A Chimera) and nothing from Mel since March

I now own:

Rebels:

2 Home one (1 unpainted), 1 Liberty, 1 Mon Remonda (not finished), 1 Mc75, 4 AsF MkII (1 Dismantled and not painted), 1 Mc40, 7 MC30 (1 unpainted), 6 Nebulon B, 8 CR90 (2 not painted), 1 Pelta (not painted), 1 Mobquet transport (not painted), 1 Suprosa transport(not painted) , 1 Xytiar transport (not painted), 1 action IV transport, 1 MC20 frigate, 2 Bulk freighters (1 not painted), 2 DP 20 Gunshhips, 2/3 of a Rebel Fighter pack, rebel side of scum&rogues pack, Mel's 24-pack of transports (not painted), and a set of imperial/rebels pilots (not painted)

Imperials:

1 SSD (not finished, had 2, sold one), 1 resurgent (2 parts, not assembled, not painted), 2 ISD (1 chimera not painted), 4 VSD (1 not painted), 4 GSD (2 not painted), 2 Dreadnoughts, 2 Strikes (1 not painted), 2 Arquitens (not painted), 1 Carrack, 2 Raiders,  1 BFF1 transport (not painted), a set of 12 mines (not painted), 6 Lambda shuttles (not painted), 3 Sentinel landing crafts (not painted) and a imperial fighter pack (not painted)

Scums:

1 Keldabe Dreadnought, 1 Acclamator SD, 1 Crusader Corvette, 1 interceptor frigate

and I need almost everything Mel has posted on his shop in the last year, but still fighting the buying streak! Can't buy anything 'till I paint more of what I have now....

Edited by gounour
forgot the raiders

2 Gozanti, 8 Raider, 1 Interdictor, 2 Arquitens, 3 Quasar Fire, 4 Gladiator, 6 Victory, 6 Imperial   

2 GR-75, 4 Hammerhead, 5 CR90, 4 Nebulon-B3 MC30, 1 Modified Pelta, 3 MC75 (Profundity), 4 MC80 Battle, 4 MC80 Command

And six of each fighter packs. Except for the bloated whale that is so ugly that I will never buy one, I get at least one for each title.

Questions to all:

(1) To all the people that have many multiple copies of expansions, how many of them have you used in gameplay?

(2) Did you guys buy all these multiple copies for the upgrade cards or just to have a huge model collection, which is cool i think?

(3) What do you do with SEVEN ISDs?

1 hour ago, rjl51869 said:

Questions to all:

(1) To all the people that have many multiple copies of expansions, how many of them have you used in gameplay?

(2) Did you guys buy all these multiple copies for the upgrade cards or just to have a huge model collection, which is cool i think?

1) Surprisingly, aside from the squadron expansions (I like to paint), I have used most of my expansions in games.  The exceptions have been two of my Peltas (got them as part of a half-off bundle from a guy that was getting out) and my second VSD (same as before).

2) I only bought my extra MC30s for the extra upgrades (TRCs, although I still ended up using all the ships), but I bought most of my extra expansions so that I could support getting my friends into playing, including multiple friends ships for CC (which is what I am doing now; very proud to say that I have gotten about 10 people into Armada by loaning them ships before they started buying their own).   I also bought multiples so that I could play lists all of one type of ship or squadron, just for fun (my 8 x E-Wing list was great against Dengar counterballs in my local meta).

3)  Paint them all differently and make sure that your Imperial side uses all of them during your CC campaign.  Or buy 27 more so you can recreate the Battle of Endor.

3 hours ago, rjl51869 said:

Questions to all:

1) I don't actually play that much, so it's more about #2

2) Pretty much for the huge model collection, to be honest.

3) I agree with @Admiral Calkins here - paint 'em all differently and give them each their own title :3

21 hours ago, ThatRobHuman said:

Hi, I'm Rob.

I've not bought anything related to Armada in 3 days.

3 Core Sets
3 AFmk2 Expansions
2 CR-90 Expansions
2 GR-75 Expansions
4 MC-30a Expansions
3 MC-80 Home One Expansions
2 MC-80 Liberty Expansions
2 Nebulon-B Expansions
3 Quasar-Fire Expansions
3 Gladiator Expansions
3 Gozanti Expansions
2 Chimera Expansions
3 ISD Expansions
6 Raider Expansions
3 Interdictor Expansions
2 MC-75 Expansions
5 Rogues and Villians Expansions
3 Rebel Fighter 1 Expansions
4 Imperial Fighter 1 Expansions
1 Corellian Conflict Expansion

Countless Mel's Miniature ships...

Edit: Forgot about the Quasar Fires.

?

I am puny by comparison:

2 Core

1 Corellian Conflict

x 1 of everything except:

2 ISD’s

2 Corvettes

8 hours ago, rjl51869 said:

Questions to all:

1) All, because I’m usually loaning ships to people to make up numbers.

2) Both, but more to have a large enough collection to run CC and be able to loan out 3 fleets and still have one left for me to play.

3) I wish I knew...

18 hours ago, Green Knight said:

It would be a lot bigger of FFG actually produced new stuff ?

It would be a lot bigger if FFG actually re-printed old stuff ? seriously my FLGS can only order in the core set, VSD and ISD.  Everything else is out of stock in the UK.

21 hours ago, WigTii said:

Currently I'm at 70 ships (35 Imperial, 35 Alliance) and 168 squadrons (88 Imperial, 80 Alliance).

Ships:

7 Imperial Star Destroyers including 1 Chimaera, 4 Victory Star Destroyers (2 from Core Sets), 3 Interdictor Cruisers, 4 Quasar-Fire Cruiser-Carriers, 3 Gladiator Star Destroyers, 5 Arquitens Cruisers, 5 Raider Corvettes, and 4 Gozanti Cruisers.

3 MC80 Home One Cruisers, 3 MC80 Liberty Cruisers, 2 MC 75 Cruisers, 3 AFII Frigates, 3 MC30c Frigates, 2 Pelta Class Vessels, 4 Nebulon-B Frigates (2 from Core Sets), 6 Hammerhead Corvettes, 5 CR90 Corvettes (2 from Core Sets), and 4 GR75 Transports. 

Squadrons:

5 Rebel I sets, 2 Rebel II sets, 5 Imperial I sets, 2 Imperial II sets, 4 Rogue and Villains sets, X-Wings and Tie Fighters from 2 Core Sets, 2 additional VT-49 Decimators, and 2 Gauntlet squadrons. 

I also have 1 Corellian Conflict Campaign Expansion.

I'm planning to add a few more ships before the SSD (Getting 2) is released in the spring...another Imperial Star Destroyer and four more MC style cruisers are on the list currently.   I'm also thinking about picking up a Scarif Gate and some Purrgils from Mel's as well. 

How the heck do you play with all of those,  I mean sure I can understand getting 2 or 3 squadron packs, and 2 of some of the expansions but there is no way you can actually use it all.

I'm just jealous I don't have that much money to spend on armada?

10 hours ago, rjl51869 said:

Questions to all:

I've gotten most of my duplicates from lot sales. A couple ships I plan to do repaints on. My main reason for owning so many ships is that I host epic-scale games, with points being upwards of 800 per side.