Zura

So, let's talk first balance patch

I think if points on Jonus' Barrage Bomber B.S. (tm) were to go up in aggregate so as to allow only four, rather than five, of them, I would be okay.  I like me some TIE Bombers.  They're fun.  They are an interesting challenge.  Unless they are the JBBBS, and then they're just dirty.

Precisely.

I only have the 3 that comes in one imperial box and even while running all 3 its good but its not busted. Jonus + 2 others with it hit reliable, but 9 hits still has to deal with 2-3 agility in most cases. 

Not once have i thought it was deadly with only 3. Even with jonus around.

i think Interceptor pilots like Soontir,Turr and the Sabers  need to come down by about 2 points and the Alpha needs about 5 points, At PS 1 the double repositioning is not as worth while and 10 points more than an academy pilot just to get an extra die on offence is a poor investment. 

The Tie Adv X1 needs to come down all around even Vader but he needs it less, the loss of Evade has made this craft so flimsy and Vader can hardly take advantage of his ability with a measly 3 actions.

Tie Adv. V1, both the Grand Inquisitor and the Seventh Sister need reductions, they are both terribly costed for a 4 hp 2 att die ship, force or no

I'd like to see the Sabres drop by at least a point so you could either put a 1pt ept on all of them or upgrade one of them to Turr.  It would also be nice if Stealth Device/Shield Upgrade would drop by at least two points so you could field five Alphas with it.

Edited by HolySorcerer

Oh, one small thing I think could be addressed before it becomes a later issue: trajectory Sims might be better off as unique

Yeah, sucks if you wanted to spam Punishers or resistance bombers, but I sorta feel that a cheap enough platform with good enough bombs would be a massive pain in the *** if it could mass launch a wall of bombs 

Mostly future-proofing so we can give Ks their ****** simulator

Edited by ficklegreendice

Decimator needs a points reduction, for a 0 agility ship in a swarm meta it’s just not worth the points at the moment by a big margin

thia could probably be said for all of the big fat ships, but I only fly the Deci so I’ll stick to what I know ;)

scum Han could easily cost double what he is now, considering he basically gives you focus each turn with very little counter-play.   

E-Wings need a price decrees across the board. Without anything that gives them survivability, they are little more then overpriced X-Wings.     

2 minutes ago, Duskwalker said:

scum Han could easily cost double what he is now, considering he basically gives you focus each turn with very little counter-play.   

E-Wings need a price decrees across the board. Without anything that gives them survivability, they are little more then overpriced X-Wings.     

Scum Han (Gunner) should absolutely double in price at least.  People keep talking about the Marauder title being too good, but seeing as every person commenting on that is talking about Han being in that gunner slot, I think it is Han that is the issue.

imo, large base ships should have an upgrade discount.

They finally made the large base an actual detriment to flying ability in this game, since its rather easy to Bullseye them and most of them lost their arc-dodgingability, few that kept it get stressed (least i cant think of one that doesnt). So, it shouldnt cost 10-20pts to put certain crew on them when the ship is soooo much easier to beat down by comparison to the slippery guy that happens to have a crew and is half the cost.
(bump the scum falcon price slightly to compensate since its the only large base ive seen actually doing well, but only bump it ever so slightly so in the end even its a bit cheaper than before)

Decimators either feel like they do nothing, or cost ~120pts to do "decent" - but like mentioned earlier, swarm meta just eats it. Not to mention Thane just auto-kills it by perma-flipping crazy crits.

edit: alternatively, perhaps large base ships can ignore the "2 crew slots" thing since theyre more spacious? I can only think of 4 doublecrews though (wookies are still a thing right?)

Edited by Vineheart01

I believe Bombers need only a small point increase, and only the two generics (the named aren't the problem). I think 30 for the Scimatar and 32 for the Gamna would fix the issue. At this point, the Bomber list would only have 2 (rather than 4) Proton Bombs, and thats a BIG difference in efficiency and damage. And if you can kill one of the bomb carriers in the opening, then the list will be much more reasonable. 

My only other point is I feel that seventh Sister and Grand Inqy are paying a "Supernatural Reflexes tax", which I think is unfair for anyone who wants to field these ships without that upgrade. Make them cheaper, and maybe everyone who can take Supernatural, and make SR more expensive. You could even end up with the same end price.

1 hour ago, Darth evil said:

i think Interceptor pilots like Soontir,Turr and the Sabers  need to come down by about 2 points and the Alpha needs about 5 points, At PS 1 the double repositioning is not as worth while and 10 points more than an academy pilot just to get an extra die on offence is a poor investment. 

The Tie Adv X1 needs to come down all around even Vader but he needs it less, the loss of Evade has made this craft so flimsy and Vader can hardly take advantage of his ability with a measly 3 actions.

Tie Adv. V1, both the Grand Inquisitor and the Seventh Sister need reductions, they are both terribly costed for a 4 hp 2 att die ship, force or no

Reduce the Alpha by 5pts? Why? Double reposition might be less valuable but guess what, Autothrusters is actually a token plus reposition. Focus boost is amazing. 

Not enough data on the x1 for me. Vader is obviously fine. None of the others seem badly priced. It’s a shame Jam can get Locks though. 

I’m not sure which Grand Inquisitor you are playing. He is immensely stupid. He definitely feels priced about right. 

To be honest you could probably drop every Force Pilot by 2-3 and increase Supernatural by the same. It’s just so stupendously good compared to the other Force Talents at the moment. 

I’ll be honest. I’m pretty happy with the balance of the game at the moment, even the things I think are too cheap. I’d rather see how it plays out for a bit before some balance changes kick in. 

Lets enjoy this meta before we get a new one. 

I also doubt that there will be many things that decrease in price. I know we want this to be like computer game patches that balance up and down but for some reason I feel like FFG are most likely go only adjust prices up. We shall see. 

E-wings all need a point decrease to be relevant. I'm thinking at least a 5 point drop maybe even 10 across the board. No way Super Luke is on par with naked Corran for points. 

A-Wings could use a little help, I think slots change up. Add second talent, mod slot, sensors... something. 

Super Natural Reflexes could be 20 points and I'd still take it.

Tie Bombers up 2-3 points

Barrage Rockets up a point

Cluster/Concussion down a point

Darth Vader crew up to 18 points or require double slot. 

0-0-0 up a point

9 hours ago, Darth Meanie said:

NERF!!

BUFF!!

Ah, the good old days are back. . .

I wasn't a big fan of nerfing in 1ed myself because it created a mess that was a big errata and the fact that a big chunk of your cards did sth else that was written on them. Buffing was also harder as point reductions didn't exist outside of new titles, so they had to make a new relase for every buff.

It's not a big deal now, they specifically created a system in which they can now readjust points every week if they wanted to and it wouldn't confuse anyone because their cards still do the same things as they used to. 

I don't get hating on people that play a lot and want it to become as balanced experience as possible. It's great right now, but it can always get better. For example, on league of legends forums there is no stigma on nerfing/buffing characters, usually devs are really open to the idea and players share their ideas to rebalance the characters. X-wing boards are a strange place in which trying to start a discussion about what could be rebalanced is considered a whiny/bad thing to do. We all know that balance patches are coming. Why make conversations about this a taboo? 

I saw one or two errata ideas in this thread and i disagree. We shouldn't errata anything now, just use the tools we were given. 

Personal observations, from my share of played games, are as follows:

1) Corran Horn is massively overpriced, like in range of 8-10 points.
2) Redline is underpriced, for 53 points you got 9 HP ship with PtL action economy who can shoot proton torpedoes with full mods.

But, the problem is this are only my observations, anecdotical notes, I played about 40 games of X-Wing 2.0 and it is far too few to draw any final conclusions.

3 hours ago, Admiral Deathrain said:

I am pretty sure the only thing that is really busted about Barrage Bombers is Jonus, who is too efficient. He should be like Howlrunner who needs to affect other ships to break even instead of an efficient ship that also gets to buff everyone around it.

Agreed.  No one would have any complaints about barrage bombers without Jonus.  They’re the same cost as an Alpha or basic Striker with similar damage output.  They’re a bit tougher but less maneuverable and need their action to maintain damage.

Jonus could go up by 10 points (comparable to Howl but on the bomber frame) and he’d still be fine.

18 minutes ago, kerbarian said:

Agreed.  No one would have any complaints about barrage bombers without Jonus.  They’re the same cost as an Alpha or basic Striker with similar damage output.  They’re a bit tougher but less maneuverable and need their action to maintain damage.

Jonus could go up by 10 points (comparable to Howl but on the bomber frame) and he’d still be fine.

Maybe the optimal fix would be a wording change on Jonus ability to exclude Barrage Rockets (for example, "When a friendly ship at range 0-1 performs ordnance attack on a ship it has locked, that ship may reroll up to 2 dice") as opposed to a price change.