Zura

So, let's talk first balance patch

So now that ffg has the ability to errata points anytime they want, when are they going to pull the trigger? Imo there are already some things that are meant to be changed:

> all tie bombers should get price increase 

> all tie advanceds except vader should get cheaper

What do you expect from the next balance patch? When is it coming?

probably gonna be months, and only after the first flew of large-profile tournaments

def wanna see a point decrease in:

1.) Basically every large ship that isn't the Scum Falcon (or possibly the Lambda)...except Dash; **** Dash

2.) ARCs

3.) TIE Aggressors (why the **** are they more expensive than bombers?)

4.) Non-Vader advance

5.) Named Khiraxz

6.) Named SCURRG and Havoc title (it's a 0 point upgrade)

Wanna see upgrade slot additions in:

1.) K-wing with sensors so they can do SOMETHING

Edited by ficklegreendice

11 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

NERF!!

BUFF!!

Ah, the good old days are back. . .

Well, given that we are the beta testers for 2E....  I'd rather not wait months and months for the first few rounds of major tournaments.  That said, it is a maybe a liiiiiiitle early (in spite of what I may or may not have posted earlier).  Ha ha.

Hmm...

-The Tie Bomber needs looking at. Maybe it's the base chassis, maybe it's barrage rockets, maybe it's Jonus working far better with barrage rockets relative to other ordnance, but something probably needs to go up in price.

-Iden and/or Howlrunner need to be looked at, although both this and the former will probably benefit from another month or two of observation "in the wild"

-Tie Advanceds that are not Vader need a price drop. Or an ability replacement.

-The Tie Aggressor is a less durable Tie Bomber with fewer k-turns and a worse linked action for what they do. It should not be more expensive than the bomber.

-Young Han Gunner and IG-88D have a very weird price disparity with Perceptive copilot.

-The old fat turrets need some looking at, although Han, Lando, and the YT-2400s look like they're relatively fine.

-Rebel Crew need price drops or... something, but they're in a bad place.

1. Juke needs one of:

A) point increase

B) Charges to limited use

C) Bullseye requirement

It's to good, and I have not flown against it only used it myself. (It makes a single action or free action both good on offence and defence for very little point cost)

2. The app needs to have most of its stats increased and many actions added to it's action bar if it's going to be made competitive.

Parroting a lot of points here most likely, but

- Bombers should go up to at least 30 points each, maybe move barrage rockets up to 7 just so that they can still be strong, but be forced to take slightly less toys on top of them.

- Move X-Wings down all a point, or just the low IV generics. I don't think taking 5 IV1 generics that die quickly would break the game at all.

- Make the YT-1300 and Decimator both cheaper. Paying 100+ points for 3 dice is bad, no matter how you slice it.

- Make Corran Horn and the E wing generics cheaper. At his current cost (when fully built) Corran is basically the same price as Luke and I think Luke just brings more to the table at that cost range. 

Other than these, everything feels relatively fine that I've had experience with. 

1 hour ago, Zura said:

So now that ffg has the ability to errata points anytime they want, when are they going to pull the trigger? Imo there are already some things that are meant to be changed:

> all tie bombers should get price increase 

> all tie advanceds except vader should get cheaper

What do you expect from the next balance patch? When is it coming?

I'd settle for getting an operable non-cumbersome squad builder that works offline first. Fix that, then give me balance.

1 hour ago, Icelom said:

1. Juke needs one of:

A) point increase

B) Charges to limited use

C) Bullseye requirement

It's to good, and I have not flown against it only used it myself. (It makes a single action or free action both good on offence and defence for very little point cost)

2. The app needs to have most of its stats increased and many actions added to it's action bar if it's going to be made competitive.

Juke + 6 cost on ships with passive evade actions.

32 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

juke is literally the same it was in 1.0, cost and effect.
It actually got weaker purely because right now very few ships can utilize it without outside help, or only using juke and no other mods.

True, but it’s a bargain on those ships. Too good. It’s costed around them spending an action and a few don’t.

Point Increases to the following:

1. Barrage Rockets

2. TIE Bomber increase 

3. Generic X-WING (2 point increase)

4. TIE Phantom (2 point increase all pilots)

5. Dash (2-4 point increase)

Decreases:

1. Luke (Gunner) ~ (-5)

2. TIE Defenders (Named)/~ (-2)

3. ALL large based ships except Scum Falcon

4. The TIE Advanced doesn’t anyone actually use anyone else besides Darth Vader?

39 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

It actually got weaker purely because right now very few ships can utilize it without outside help, or only using juke and no other mods.

But with attack mods being harder to get, it’s worth more, and as was mentioned, on the ships that do want it, you may as well staple it there. Can’t imagine taking anything else on a defender or phantom. 

I would not increase TIE Bomber. However, Barrage Rockets and its ability to combine with Jonus makes it worthy if an increase. Currently, Barrage with a nearby Jonus is much better than all other Ordnance, in terms of both Reroll+Focus access ease, Focus only requirement, and cost for how many charges you get.

1 hour ago, Vineheart01 said:

And it was really good in 1.0 I don't see what your point is.

Every other powerfull ept/talent was either removed from the game or nerfed.

And juke has gone way up in strength because without PTL ships actually have to chose to focus instead of doing another more optimal action so that they can defend against juke.

1 hour ago, ficklegreendice said:

hate to see people advocating for barrage rocket nerf when it's the only ordnance worth a **** for low I pilots

Have you considered that maybe ordnance shouldn’t be good on low I pilots that can swarm and that maybe alpha strike swarms are not healthy for the game?

I would like to see an errata to Iden Versio to “Before another friendly TIE/ln at range 0-1 would suffer damage...”. Meaningful choices please.

No, nobody hasnt considered that because that is utter horseshit to believe that only high init should be able to get any value out of ordnance.

The SHIP is designed to use ordnance, not the PILOT.

We had this problem in 1.0 and thats why LRS popped up so the ordnance carriers that werent toting Deadeye or PS8-11 could actually do something.

To believe that ordnance shouldnt be good on a low init is ignorant thinking. You are actually asking for a rebalance into uselessness, not a balance to make them not as disgustingly good.

4 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

No, nobody hasnt considered that because that is utter horseshit to believe that only high init should be able to get any value out of ordnance.

We had this problem in 1.0 and thats why LRS popped up so the ordnance carriers that werent toting Deadeye or PS8-11 could actually do something.

To believe that ordnance shouldnt be good on a low init is ignorant thinking. You are actually asking for a rebalance into uselessness, not a balance to make them not as disgustingly good.

Don't mince words Vineheart, tell us what you REALLY think.

It's a 3 die attack that requires a token, there's nothing broken about it. Unless you mean to say strikers and interceptors are also busted 

Jonus' ability takes it up to 11 and he's only 2 more points than Howlrunner (with his rockets) 

Edited by ficklegreendice

Sorry, just really grinds my gears when people essentially say "Nerf it to uselessness" for anything remotely good.

Im not saying barrage bombers isnt dangerous and shouldnt be nerfed a bit. But you cannot expect ordnance as a whole to suffer as a result, the bomber just needs to go up in price a bit. Im with fickle when i see the aggressor at a higher price than the bomber and i get confused.

1 hour ago, Forgottenlore said:

But with attack mods being harder to get, it’s worth more, and as was mentioned, on the ships that do want it, you may as well staple it there. Can’t imagine taking anything else on a defender or phantom. 

That's more a feature of there not being much in the way of other options that aren't bullseye locked.  The only ships that juke is "stapled" to are the Defenders (which are already super expensive) and the Phantoms (which are good but by no means OP).

29 minutes ago, Tvboy said:

Have you considered that maybe ordnance shouldn’t be good on low I pilots that can swarm and that maybe alpha strike swarms are not healthy for the game?

I would like to see an errata to Iden Versio to “Before another friendly TIE/ln at range 0-1 would suffer damage...”. Meaningful choices please.

So why even bother creating low I bombers/punishers if they should never be usable.  This argument is ridiculous.

5 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

This.