Sign in to follow this  
HanScottFirst

Dash 2.0 and Outrider need an FAQ -- or do they? [Answer: Yes, yes they do lol]

25 minutes ago, Talonbane Cobra said:

But the rule that cases the action to fail is not at all what you are told to ignore. You are told to ignore obstacles. So the only way you can successfully perform a barrel roll is if you haven't overlapped or moved through an obstacle. And you haven't because you've ignored them. So it's fine. But Outrider has the exact same rule on it. You either have moved through or you haven't. It's one or the other.

I think we're just drifting apart at this stage.

Cheers.

Yeah, this is basically a circular argument at this point. Dash has an interaction that suggests you do in fact move though/overlap obstacles you are ignoring, and an interaction that suggests you don't. So while I'm sure we're all going to play it the way it seems to be intended (I play casually and would never tell my opponent he can't use Outrider with Dash, that would be silly) it would be nice to get some clarification from FFG on exactly how these interactions are supposed to play out.

It doesn't have to be groundbreaking. Something along the lines of "you may move through or overlap an obstacle you are ignoring" would resolve the issue quite neatly in my opinion.

13 hours ago, Talonbane Cobra said:

Question is what definition (rules wise) would you give to Midichlorian such that the Moved Through condition is still triggered yet Dash doesn't suffer the consequences of moving through?

I am not sure such a definition exists.

Midiclorian X - You are not subjected to the effect of X or of any rule triggered by X.

It still happened, but the effect doesn’t apply to you.  I would argue Moved Through is a rule, not an effect.

I would also suggest that in the absence of a rules definition of Ingore we shouldn’t make up our own but should use it as we do the vast majority of words that constitute the rules, and use its standard English meaning.

I personally think dash and outrider do not work together I’ve jut read the cards until there’s an faq or clarification it should be played as it doesn’t work.  It’s possible with trick shot and this reduction in the opponents ships agility coupled with a native 4 attack die would have proven to powerful in play testing, and has deliberately been written like this. I guess time will tell. It is strange to have two conflicting abilities on a pilot and his ships titled which is why the argument otherwise can’t be ignored. Fingers crossed ffg get to this swiftly 

From the recently updated Official Rulings post in the Rules Question thread:

---
Q: What does “ignores obstacles” mean? Do Han Solo [Pilot, Customized YT-1300] and Qi’ra [Crew] work together? What about Dash Rendar [YT-2400] and Outrider [Title]?

A: When an effect says a ship “ignores obstacles,” it means that ship “ignores the effects of obstacles.” A ship that is “ignoring obstacles” does not apply the effects of overlapping or moving through them. When that ship performs an attack that is obstructed by an obstacle it ignores the effects of the obstruction, so the defender does not roll 1 additional defense die being obstructed by the obstacles the attacker is ignoring.

However, the obstacles are still treated as being present for effects that check for their presence or absence. Additionally, an attack is obstructed by an obstacle even while the effects of the obstacle are ignored. This applies to cards such as Outrider, Han Solo [Pilot, Customized YT-1300], and Trick Shot (Talent).

Additionally, other ships do not ignore the obstacle when resolving effects that interact with a ship that is ignoring obstacles. For instance, while a ship that is ignoring obstacles defends, if the attack is obstructed, it still rolls 1 additional defense die because the attacker is not ignoring the effects of obstacles.

---

Edited by ArbitraryNerd